McConnell comes back to town

MannBlue

10 hours ago, District12AA said:

Why is there so much animosity from Waverly fans with McConnell?? You would think you would be grateful for helping turning around the struggling program. He definitely left it better than he found it. Just curious.

Well since I started the topic I will offer my thoughts.  I like McConnell.  I have never met a coach, I know a ton of them, that puts in more time and prep work in to the game.  I named this thread specifically about him because this date has been circled on the calendar since the day he resigned.  He did help get Waverly back on the map.  We had a lot of wasted talent walk through the doors that underachieved.  McConnell harnessed the talent and everyone is back with a winning mindset.  When I played, we were just going through the motions.  McConnell brought energy back to the program.  He will be championed for that for a long time.  

I will use this analogy.  When you get dumped by a girl, the next time you see that girl, you want to have a new girl hotter than the one that dumped you.  That is the situation we were in.  I think most people here want him to look at his old team and wonder what it could have been.  Now if he walks out with the dub then that would be an afterthought.   But if he is eating a nice fat L, well we have a dime in our arm.  I am pretty happy with where we are.  I think Boldin has vision and we know he is going to be here.  I don't know if we have a dime but the one we have shines just as bright as the one we had.  

• Like 1

Well I respect what McConnell did for our program and how he showed the kids how hard work, preparation, and commitment to each other to give it their all each week pays good dividends more times than not. Not only on the field but in life. My boys benefited from him tremendously! But this week he IS the enemy! Hoping we have the dogs and the game plan to make this an uncomfortable visit for him :)

• Like 2

Waverly is 5-3 with its 5 wins opponents record:

21-19 on the season

Westview is 5-3 with its 5 wins opponents record:

13-24 on the season

Defense points allowed:

Waverly: 146 points

Westview: 260 points

Offensive points scored:

Waverly: 246 points

Westview: 323 points

Does Waverly have a chance to compete with Westview?!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

Interesting numbers trollin. Looks like they will put several points on the board but at the same time I think u guys will hang a lot on them too. Control the clock and keep it away from their qb and ya have a good 

Gotta stop there rb as well he looks like a beast . 

5 hours ago, Trollin said:

Waverly is 5-3 with its 5 wins opponents record:

21-19 on the season

Westview is 5-3 with its 5 wins opponents record:

13-24 on the season

Defense points allowed:

Waverly: 146 points

Westview: 260 points

Offensive points scored:

Waverly: 246 points

Westview: 323 points

Does Waverly have a chance to compete with Westview?!

Interesting ^_^ Seeing those numbers, this game may be a lot more competitive than we are expecting. I just hope we work on pass coverage this week!:???: