McConnell comes back to town

MannBlue

Westview has played Lake County who is the 2nd highest scoring team in the state regardless of classification. Mc Nairy Central, Covington and South Gibson. 3 really good teams and a solid McNairy County team. They are solid offensive team but I believe Waverly can score on them but just not enough. Got to keep the ball away from them.

2 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Westview has played some really good teams. Not all of them were good teams but some of them were. Like I said if waverly plays good ball I hope we can make a game of it. Our pass defense needs to suck it up and play some ball!

For sure Vandy, if I’m McConnell I’m licking my chops thinking and knowing they are about throw the ball all over Waverly. Waverly has to be more complex on defense. Big week of preparation. 

10 minutes ago, Trollin said:

For sure Vandy, if I’m McConnell I’m licking my chops thinking and knowing they are about throw the ball all over Waverly. Waverly has to be more complex on defense. Big week of preparation. 

I don't see it happening.  I see McConnell/Simpson going straight Madden on us.  They will name the score.  

2 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Westview has played some really good teams. Not all of them were good teams but some of them were. Like I said if waverly plays good ball I hope we can make a game of it. Our pass defense needs to suck it up and play some ball!

Heard a lot of moaning and groaning in the stands about that last week when Houston started ripping us apart.  We have been lit up before and they didn't make and changes.  I don't see any coming this week either.  What is it they say about insanity?  

18 minutes ago, MannBlue said:

I don't see it happening.  I see McConnell/Simpson going straight Madden on us.  They will name the score.  

Oh I’m with you, if the D doesn’t miraculously do something different and effective, it will be a running clock. 

Im just trying to be optimistic and not negative about our Tigers and hope they can put something together this week.

Im hoping our offense can be productive and run the clock and hopefully make some stops on defense to make it competitive and not a blow out.

1 hour ago, MannBlue said:

Heard a lot of moaning and groaning in the stands about that last week when Houston started ripping us apart.  We have been lit up before and they didn't make and changes.  I don't see any coming this week either.  What is it they say about insanity?  

Alright man I’m calling you out!!!!

I’m sending you a message!!!!

• Upvote 1

I know we have the athletes to be better than we are in the secondary. And I’m not saying we have wrong players out there. Maybe we do maybe we don’t. I personally think it’s a lack of fundamentals. Yea I said it but I’m just trying to be honest. I don’t think Randal has actually stepped in on this but I think he should. Riverside will try to do the same thing and their QB is better than most of the ones we have faced. If anything I hope this game with educate the players for what they are fixing to be up against in the Riverside game and the playoffs. Riverside is a must win for us! I also hope we come out of this game healthy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MannBlue said:

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

Oh I’m with you, if the D doesn’t miraculously do something different and effective, it will be a running clock. 

Im just trying to be optimistic and not negative about our Tigers and hope they can put something together this week.

Im hoping our offense can be productive and run the clock and hopefully make some stops on defense to make it competitive and not a blow out.

@Trollin are you talking to yourself?

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

I know we have the athletes to be better than we are in the secondary. And I’m not saying we have wrong players out there. Maybe we do maybe we don’t. I personally think it’s a lack of fundamentals. Yea I said it but I’m just trying to be honest. I don’t think Randal has actually stepped in on this but I think he should. Riverside will try to do the same thing and their QB is better than most of the ones we have faced. If anything I hope this game with educate the players for what they are fixing to be up against in the Riverside game and the playoffs. Riverside is a must win for us! I also hope we come out of this game healthy!

It would be nice for someone to take the reigns. 

Edited by MannBlue