Region 7 3A. How does this play out?

ManOfMillions

The only thing that we know for sure at this point is that SGC is the region champs. They could forfeit the game against Bolivar and still win the Region. The 2,3 and, 4 spots are up for grabs. 3 playoff spots 4 teams. How is this going to shake out?

You have 4 really good football teams that are fighting for it. Covington, Milan, McNairy, and Westview. 

Someone that is smarter than myself is going to have to help me get a handle on how all of this plays out. 

Who is on the outside looking in? 

All of the 4 teams that are fight for a spot have 2 region losses. 

Bolivar is the only team in the region that is out for sure. 

With the loss to McNairy tonight is Milan on the outside looking in? I think the tie breaker goes to the head to head match up. After that it goes to overall record. I think!

BPM normally gives me the skinny on all of this but he was in the bed asleep when I tried to get him to straighten it out for me!

BPM, Hope your frog tastes well served on a platter! 

8 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

The only thing that we know for sure at this point is that SGC is the region champs. They could forfeit the game against Bolivar and still win the Region. The 2,3 and, 4 spots are up for grabs. 3 playoff spots 4 teams. How is this going to shake out?

You have 4 really good football teams that are fighting for it. Covington, Milan, McNairy, and Westview. 

Someone that is smarter than myself is going to have to help me get a handle on how all of this plays out. 

Who is on the outside looking in? 

All of the 4 teams that are fight for a spot have 2 region losses. 

Bolivar is the only team in the region that is out for sure. 

With the loss to McNairy tonight is Milan on the outside looking in? I think the tie breaker goes to the head to head match up. After that it goes to overall record. I think!

BPM normally gives me the skinny on all of this but he was in the bed asleep when I tried to get him to straighten it out for me!

BPM, Hope your frog tastes well served on a platter! 

Ok so here is the skinny. You have 4 teams at 2-2 in region. They all play each other with one game left. Milan vs Westview and Covington vs McNairy. All 4 teams could finish as high as 2nd or completely out. It’s actually pretty simple. Win and your in. Of the remaining 2 teams heads up would decide the 4 seed and the other team would be out. I am going to make a prediction and say Milan beats Westview and Covington beats McNairy. That would make the final region standings as follows:

1) South Gibson 5-0

2) Milan 3-2 (beat Covington heads up)

3) Covington 3-2

4) Westview 2-3 (beat McNairy heads up)

5) McNairy 2-3

6) Bolivar 0-5

Just my guess. We will see how it plays out. Most important thing..... just win. 

Here is what one of my older buddies sent me this morning.

If Covington wins & Mcnairy loses

If Milan wins & Westview loses

2 Milan 

3 Covington

4 Westview

5 McNairy

If Westview wins & Milan loses

2 Covington

3 Westview 

4 McNairy

5 Milan 

IF Mcnairy wins & Covington loses

IF Milan wins & Westview loses 

2 Mcnairy 

3 Milan

4 Covington

5 Westview 

If Mcnairy wins & Covington loses 

if Westview wins and Milan loses

2 Westview 

3 Mcnairy

4 Milan

5 Covington

I haven’t even looked but he apparently thinks this is accurate.

Edited by TennSportsFan77
Corrected

40 minutes ago, TennSportsFan77 said:

2 Milan 

3 Covington

4 Westview

5 McNairy

2 Covington

3 Westview 

4 McNairy

5 Milan 

2 Mcnairy 

3 Milan

4 Covington

5 Westview 

2 Westview 

3 Mcnairy

4 Covington

5 Milan

It is correct 

1 hour ago, TennSportsFan77 said:

2 Milan 

3 Covington

4 Westview

5 McNairy

2 Covington

3 Westview 

4 McNairy

5 Milan 

2 Mcnairy 

3 Milan

4 Covington

5 Westview 

2 Westview 

3 Mcnairy

4 Covington

5 Milan

So Covington is guaranteed fourth?