Region 7 3A. How does this play out?

ManOfMillions

Want to talk some crazy? Just got off the phone with old friend of mine. Think about this. Hardin will probably finish there season 8-2 or 9-1 and win the region 7 4A crown easily. There only loss(s) on the season will be to McNairy and to Milan...... both of those teams are fighting for their life to even make in the playoffs..... 

This region is that good. It is a crying shame that one of our teams is not going to make the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

BPM don't under sell Westview. They can score points in bunches. Their defense is horrible. If Milan can get a few stops then Milan will win. If it's a shootout I would be worried. I think the game is in Martin. That could also make a slight difference. 

Trust me I know what Westview can bring to the table. That scares me. But it’s more about Milan’s Jekel and Hyde play. Some times they show up and others they don’t. The team that showed up against South Gibson, Huntingdung and Covington will beat Westview. The team that played in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs against McNairy will get mercy ruled. 

3 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Want to talk some crazy? Just got off the phone with old friend of mine. Think about this. Hardin will probably finish there season 8-2 or 9-1 and win the region 7 4A crown easily. There only loss(s) on the season will be to McNairy and to Milan...... both of those teams are fighting for their life to even make in the playoffs..... 

This region is that good. It is a crying shame that one of our teams is not going to make the playoffs. 

You could take the team that finishes 5th and our region and they would be champs in some other 3A regions. 

4 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

After all the excitement of last night, I’m sure it was just a typo, but Hardin Co. is the Region 6 4A champion.  Haywood is the Region 7 4A champion.  Once again, congratulations to SCG on winning the Class 3A Region 7 championship.

At any rate, we know the point you were trying to make, and it was a good point.  Lexington will finish 2nd in Region 6 4A, and, they have two losses to Region 7 3A teams. 30-7 to South Gibson, and 21-15 to Milan, and the Tigers could conceivably lose to McNairy this Friday.  If they do, that would give Lexington a 0-3 record against Region 7 3A teams. Incidentally, Lexington’s 23 point loss to SCG is the worst defeat the Tigers have suffered this year.

Going into last night’s games, five Region 7 teams were ranked among the top 15 3A teams in Sonny Moore’s power ratings (Covington, South Gibson, Milan, McNairy Central, and Westview).  Three of those teams (Covington, South Gibson, and Milan) had a power rating higher than Hardin County’s.  Actually, Covington, South Gibson, and Milan’s power ratings would have placed them 4th, 5th, and 6th among Class 4A teams in last week’s ratings. Region 7 4A's ratings would be dismal in comparison as well.  Of course, all of that will change after last night’s results are figured into next week’s ratings.

Enough of the meaningless and boring statistics and back to your point, I agree that in head to head competition, Region 7 3A is one of the toughest in the state, and some of the leading teams in other regions, as well as other classes, would struggle to get into the playoffs if they competed in Region 7 3A.  It truly is unsettling, that one of the region’s best teams will be left out of the playoffs.

I don’t know how any of this would play out if we still had the Z plan.  I did not like the Z Plan.  I lost all interest in the playoffs when it was implemented, and I hope it never returns.  I prefer the current playoff format. 

Edited by stacmot

On 10/19/2019 at 10:15 AM, TennSportsFan77 said:

Here is what one of my older buddies sent me this morning.

If Covington wins & Mcnairy loses

If Milan wins & Westview loses

2 Milan 

3 Covington

4 Westview

5 McNairy

If Covington wins & Mcnairy loses

If Westview wins & Milan loses

2 Covington

3 Westview 

4 McNairy

5 Milan 

IF Mcnairy wins & Covington loses

IF Milan wins & Westview loses 

2 Mcnairy 

3 Milan

4 Covington

5 Westview 

If Mcnairy wins & Covington loses 

if Westview wins and Milan loses

2 Westview 

3 Mcnairy

4 Covington

5 Milan

I haven’t even looked but he apparently thinks this 

Is it a way Covington can host a playoff game ? I'm just trying to see if the local paper put out the correct information.

1 hour ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

Is it a way Covington can host a playoff game ? I'm just trying to see if the local paper put out the correct information.

If Covington wins and Milan loses we would host first two rounds and possibly third if someone beats SG— that’s assuming we win first round of course.

30 minutes ago, bglass said:

If Covington wins and Milan loses we would host first two rounds and possibly third if someone beats SG— that’s assuming we win first round of course.

That is not necessarily correct. You would be the 2 seed in region 7 and would host the 3 seed in region 8 first rd. But if the region 8 1 seed beats our region 7 4 seed in the first rd you would travel to them second rd. In the scenario you mentioned Covington would only be guaranteed a first rd home game not a second.