Northeast @ Henry County

PatriotNation

2 hours ago, gr8tn08 said:

Game management by the QB is getting better each game as is his overall play. All of the running backs are running much harder than they were the first of the year. Not sure I agree with the way the coaches are playing them right now but I understand why. Defense is still playing good overall. Kicking game is better than I expected it would be this year.

Teams that have bigger lines tend to give us some problems and I hope that doesn't hurt us down the road. That goes for both sides of the ball. Our tackles aren't that big and that could be a problem. We don't get a good pass rush most of the time because of a bigger OL unless we blitz. Why is #1 not being used more on offense? I would like to see the play called in with at least 20 sec. left on the play clock so we can have time to make adjustments if need be.

I'm just the average fan so I'm sure others may have picked up on some of this.

I actually agree with everything you said. I too have been puzzled as to why 1 hasn’t been on the field more on offense. Maybe it’s because throwing isn’t a huge priority right now and he’s needed much more on defense? He does usually cover the other team’s best receiver. Maybe he’s not in shape enough to play both ways? I don’t know the answer, but he’s definitely our best deep threat. I wish we would be a little more balanced all the time like we were last night. I understand why weren’t not, with how many quality backs we have, but the young QB can sling it, if we can just catch it consistently. He threw a couple last night that you might say were under/over thrown, but we also had several drops. The offensive line has come a long way since the start of the season.

Part of the problem with the lack of pressure without blitzing, is 99 is getting double teamed most every play, and the guys that are getting free just aren’t making the play. If teams are going to use an extra blocker on him, we have to be able to get someone through the line and disrupt things. Just my two cents as well. I’ve been watching Henry County and football in general for many moons, and I still think this team has a chance to make a deep run in the playoffs. Time will tell.

45 minutes ago, OmahaPatriot said:

I actually agree with everything you said. I too have been puzzled as to why 1 hasn’t been on the field more on offense. Maybe it’s because throwing isn’t a huge priority right now and he’s needed much more on defense? He does usually cover the other team’s best receiver. Maybe he’s not in shape enough to play both ways? I don’t know the answer, but he’s definitely our best deep threat. I wish we would be a little more balanced all the time like we were last night. I understand why weren’t not, with how many quality backs we have, but the young QB can sling it, if we can just catch it consistently. He threw a couple last night that you might say were under/over thrown, but we also had several drops. The offensive line has come a long way since the start of the season.

Part of the problem with the lack of pressure without blitzing, is 99 is getting double teamed most every play, and the guys that are getting free just aren’t making the play. If teams are going to use an extra blocker on him, we have to be able to get someone through the line and disrupt things. Just my two cents as well. I’ve been watching Henry County and football in general for many moons, and I still think this team has a chance to make a deep run in the playoffs. Time will tell.

As to the use of #1, perhaps the health of his hammy has  something to do with it.

GO BIG RED

Not sure why they would have #1 on KR if he has a hamstring issue. Also, not sure why #7 and # 27 along with some others stay on the sidelines so much when they are the among the best as far as size, speed and athleticism. Knowing what to do and where to be will decrease busted plays, but it will not make dynamic plays or prevent long runs from the other team when they get in the open field. #8 and #5 are used a lot, but I think the ones mentioned above could provide some dynamic plays on defense and special teams.

15 minutes ago, westtn1 said:

Not sure why they would have #1 on KR if he has a hamstring issue. Also, not sure why #7 and # 27 along with some others stay on the sidelines so much when they are the among the best as far as size, speed and athleticism. Knowing what to do and where to be will decrease busted plays, but it will not make dynamic plays or prevent long runs from the other team when they get in the open field. #8 and #5 are used a lot, but I think the ones mentioned above could provide some dynamic plays on defense and special teams.

Absolutely agree

11 minutes ago, gr8tn08 said:

In my opinion some of these talented players aren’t playing as much right now is the coaching staff is building depth against lesser completion. Also they’re keeping them fresh for the playoffs.

That could be right but the two mentioned above along with some others are new to the program and need the reps. IMO the ones playing in front of them have things down more mentally. If the players don’t get things right in the half speed limited contact practices they don’t get the opportunity in the games. The games is where the athletic difference shows up.

9 minutes ago, gr8tn08 said:

Did y’all see the big freshman playing nose guard last night? He had pretty good push against their first string OL. Get him in the weight room a whole year and look out!

Didn't see that but heard all good things about him! Next year could be a special year also! Well guys Beech beat Gallatin and Knox Central loses big! 5A is wide open!

13 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

Didn't see that but heard all good things about him! Next year could be a special year also! Well guys Beech beat Gallatin and Knox Central loses big! 5A is wide open!

Lots of upsets all around the state. Knox Central and David Crockett both 5A lost tonight.