Science Hill @ Dobyns-Bennett (Region 1 Championship)

DBKPT93

10 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

If I remember correctly before the season started Farragut was picked to win the conference, followed by Science Hill in second and DB picked third.

I think DB was picked lower than that. Maybe around 5/6 behind Bearden/HVA. I would have to go back and look for sure. 

On 10/19/2019 at 10:40 PM, blazer1set said:

I understand all you DB guys being gun-shy, but I just so not see the Hill being able to hang with the Tribe,   DB all the way in this one, something along the lines of 31-13

I’m with Blazer on this one.

It’s at DB and I believe the DB faithful/crowd is going to make it too loud for SH underneath those Friday Night Lights at J Fred Johnson Stadium.  I believe DB dominates and comes out with a convincing win. 

DB 42

SH 17

Edited by Romansfive8

32 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

I’m with Blazer on this one.

It’s at DB and I believe the DB faithful/crowd is going to make it too loud for SH underneath those Friday Night Lights at J Fred Johnson Stadium.  I believe DB dominates and comes out with a convincing win. 

DB 42

SH 17

Science Hill is Jekyll/Hyde this year, they have certainly looked good at times but they have no consistency.     DB has consistently blown up each opponent, and that will be the difference in this one.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Science Hill is Jekyll/Hyde this year, they have certainly looked good at times but they have no consistency.     DB has consistently blown up each opponent, and that will be the difference in this one.

DB has had a few lack luster first half's this year. That second quarter last week was the worst quarter they've had. Just no effort for some reason. I don't think they got past their own 30 yard line. If they do that against Science Hill it won't be pretty. The other thing to worry about is the mistakes that this team seems heck bent on making. Last week, 12 penalties for 117 yards. That's just crazy. I think DB is 2 touchdowns better than Science Hill but if they don't clean it up it will be the other way around.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The other thing to worry about is the mistakes that this team seems heck bent on making. Last week, 12 penalties for 117 yards. That's just crazy. I think DB is 2 touchdowns better than Science Hill but if they don't clean it up it will be the other way around.

Yeah, I'm really worried about the penalties going forward. The face of things re penalties will really change with Alcoa.  Those mistakes will score points for the opponent starting with that game. The coaches need to beat that into their heads. They should have been near penalty free 2 games ago.

9 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Yeah, I'm really worried about the penalties going forward. The face of things re penalties will really change with Alcoa.  Those mistakes will score points for the opponent starting with that game. The coaches need to beat that into their heads. They should have been near penalty free 2 games ago.

Been hearing a lot of trash talking about the refs from fans of other teams, do you guys think DB has just been getting some bad calls or are they really committing that many penalties?

37 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Been hearing a lot of trash talking about the refs from fans of other teams, do you guys think DB has just been getting some bad calls or are they really committing that many penalties?

Seems to me that the Refs have been getting worse at every level for the past several years. I don't think DB gets any worse treatment than any other team. Plus DB has been known for penalties for many years. I think due to really bad coaching in the Pee-Wee leagues and Middle School. I just think when you get into high school it's to late to fix these things. It's like waiting until you're a junior to learn how to read and write. The rules are the basics of football. If you notice the deeper they get into the season the worse they get with the penalties. 

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Its a mix of real mistakes and bad calls, but mostly real mistakes.  Now, my memory is a little different perhaps.  I recall improvement up to about game 6-7 when penalties are improved significantly.  Maybe not so much in recent years though. So I've been hoping this new group of coaches had improved this problem too.  But not so.  Maybe worse. 

I have rationalized it to myself in the fact that this bunch is just playing harder to the bitter end and just naturally tend to have more mistakes because of it. They can't stop playing hard and it just has to overcome the negative impact of the mistakes I guess.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Let's get hypothetical for a moment..... DB (8-0) is ranked #4 in 6A, McMinn Co (8-0) is #8.    How would DB fans feel about a playoff rematch against the Cherokees?     Or is this current crop of kids too young to even remember 11 years ago?

There was one person who is to blame for that loss 11 years ago and he is no longer there. But this McMinn team is much better than what they had at that time also. All playoff games are tough to win. You just have to be ready to play for 4 quarters at 100%. That goes for the coaches as well.

• Like 1