Science Hill @ Dobyns-Bennett (Region 1 Championship)

DBKPT93

Nobody likes to lose and what's done is done.A couple of good things .This wasn't the playoffs  is the first thing and the season isn't over.The second thing is the players don't have to watch the Mcminn county replay to understand what can happen if you don't bring your best.Next week will be a chance to get better and move on into the playoffs.Use this game to learn and go back to work in the film room this weekend and be ready to practice Monday.

• Upvote 1

On 10/19/2019 at 10:36 AM, DBKPT93 said:

Big rivalry with conference championship on the line! 
If DB wins, they win Region 1-6A outright. 
If Science Hill wins, they will have to beat Bearden the week after/Farragut will need to lose to either HVA or Jeff County. 

A lot in favor of the Tribe to win this one. I don’t think it will be easy though. SH has a very powerful passing game with some great athletes at WR. DB is going to have to cover well and get the QB off of his spot to throw off his rhythm. Hopefully the Tribe offense continues to take what the Defense is giving them and score points. 

Tribe by 2+ Touchdowns

Good call

3 minutes ago, pepvol said:

so you're behind them win or win , right ? I'm surprised DB lost but geez it was a monsoon out there tonight ... a lot of teams looked sloppy tonight , including Maryville . You take up for the band , but totally destroy your football team for losing a game in a monsoon to go 8-1 ... amazing . 

Um.…..I'm not taking up for anybody but it was raining in Kingsport, not a monsoon by any stretch. And Science Hill was playing on the same field. Before the season started I said DB might win two games, so they were a lot better than I thought. But their also not as good as everybody else was thinking. Science Hill is not that good either. I said if DB runs into a team with a good offensive line and a good QB they would be in trouble. The only pass defense DB has is the pass rush. They can't cover receivers. Haven't been able to cover receivers for 30 years. DB has 11 penalties for 100 yards tonight. Three of those penalties accounted for 14 Science Hill points. DB is not a top 10 team. Next week won't be pretty.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

Nobody likes to lose and what's done is done.A couple of good things .This wasn't the playoffs  is the first thing and the season isn't over.The second thing is the players don't have to watch the Mcminn county replay to understand what can happen if you don't bring your best.Next week will be a chance to get better and move on into the playoffs.Use this game to learn and go back to work in the film room this weekend and be ready to practice Monday.

Very well said Batman , couldn't agree more . 

12 hours ago, blazer1set said:

DB guys, given the track record over the last 15-20 years I do not blame you for being gun-shy on this one, but there is no way SH can keep it close unless DB just has a total meltdown at both the coaching and player levels.     DB by 3 scores.

Hope you didn’t put money on it. DB’s QB isn’t very good. RB is good but overrated. Really, DB as a whole is overrated nearly every year. The Norte Dame of high school football, except ND does have a trophy since forward pass had become popular 

3 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Um.…..I'm not taking up for anybody but it was raining in Kingsport, not a monsoon by any stretch. And Science Hill was playing on the same field. Before the season started I said DB might win two games, so they were a lot better than I thought. But their also not as good as everybody else was thinking. Science Hill is not that good either. I said if DB runs into a team with a good offensive line and a good QB they would be in trouble. The only pass defense DB has is the pass rush. They can't cover receivers. Haven't been able to cover receivers for 30 years. DB has 11 penalties for 100 yards tonight. Three of those penalties accounted for 14 Science Hill points. DB is not a top 10 team. Next week won't be pretty.

DB Drilled Farragut , Hardin Valley and a very athletic Oak Ridge team . Those are the kind of teams that have beaten DB in the past . I'm not quite ready to declare DB out of it based on one Close loss in terrible conditions . 

1 minute ago, Red81KPsmash said:

Do you really think you have a chance against Maryville :roflol:

I am Maryville Bozo , I just happen to like my DB fellers because my Coach , Ted Wilson , went on to be an Indian .... btw , congrats on not losing tonight ... I'm sure that Bye Week gave you all you could handle . 

• Upvote 1