Heritage high school

Distressedfan

8 hours ago, MLREB said:

So you just trot that out there with zero proof? Gotcha! You do realize that your starting QB is a Heritage kid? How ironic your comment is with all the transfers that Greenback has. 

Dont bang on us,You may have hard feelings about us but dad saw something at Maryville HE didnt like and made the move.Didnt have ONE thing to do with us.We are glad to have him for sure but whatever he didnt like there put him here.Maryville has gotten more transfers thru the years than we have and Alcoa for that matter.He was just stating something most EVERYONE thinks whether its true or not.You talk to anyone outside your program and they THINK the same way.You all have a great program and Hammontree had alot to do with that.We also have a great program TWO different levels but both great programs and kids will come to keep from going to stagnant programs.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Dont bang on us,You may have hard feelings about us but dad saw something at Maryville HE didnt like and made the move.Didnt have ONE thing to do with us.We are glad to have him for sure but whatever he didnt like there put him here.Maryville has gotten more transfers thru the years than we have and Alcoa for that matter.He was just stating something most EVERYONE thinks whether its true or not.You talk to anyone outside your program and they THINK the same way.You all have a great program and Hammontree had alot to do with that.We also have a great program TWO different levels but both great programs and kids will come to keep from going to stagnant programs.

Who is banging on “us”. Just pointing out the hypocrisy in any Greenback supporter commenting on transfers. Same goes for you......don’t tell us what you “think” when it can be proved. Tell us what you know with examples......and make sure you don’t live in a glass house. Oh......this has nothing to do with anything regarding your QB. I was just pointing out that he is a Heritage kid.....even when he was at Maryville. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MLREB said:

Who is banging on “us”. Just pointing out the hypocrisy in any Greenback supporter commenting on transfers. Same goes for you......don’t tell us what you “think” when it can be proved. Tell us what you know with examples......and make sure you don’t live in a glass house. Oh......this has nothing to do with anything regarding your QB. I was just pointing out that he is a Heritage kid.....even when he was at Maryville. 

But the point is he was a Heritage kid at Maryville.Thats what the point BH was making.Someone ask where are these Heritage kids???Maryville and Alcoa have their better players is that not correct.We have mostly WB kids who left a terrible program up the road.But you jumped straight on him.You did have a Heritage zoned kid on the team as does Alcoa was he not correct in what he said??He didnt say one word about trasfers.You made his post into something it wasnt.

Edited by orngnblk

There are a number of reasons for the state of Heritage football. 

1. Lack of resources and support at the county level 

2. Subpar coaching 

3. Drop in student enrollment and subsequent rise in city schools. (Not just athletes but all students) 

4. Athletes choosing to focus on one sport. 

5. Kids deciding they have better things to do than play football or any sport for that matter. Numbers are down across the country, so it’s going to have the biggest impact on programs that are down. 

6. Again back to coaching because the coaches are unable to overcome these issues. 

1 hour ago, MLREB said:

19 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

All of their good players are at Maryville or Alcoa.

Not one word about trasfers.YOU brought that up.Now i wish you and your son and his program nothing but the best as usual and we give you guys tons of respect.Good luck to Maryville and Alcoa!

13 minutes ago, HHSFB10 said:

There are a number of reasons for the state of Heritage football. 

1. Lack of resources and support at the county level 

2. Subpar coaching 

3. Drop in student enrollment and subsequent rise in city schools. (Not just athletes but all students) 

4. Athletes choosing to focus on one sport. 

5. Kids deciding they have better things to do than play football or any sport for that matter. Numbers are down across the country, so it’s going to have the biggest impact on programs that are down. 

6. Again back to coaching because the coaches are unable to overcome these issues. 

All of these are are all right but my close sources tell me your number 4. is more like coaches playing tug of war for players and planting the seed in their heads to go with the sport they coach. Bad situation considering who the main culprit is doing this.

9 hours ago, Frontman said:

Hammontree has been there for a few years. The football program has gotten worse every year. I don’t see it getting better in the near future unless drastic changes are made and I don’t see Blount county doing that. The Heritage football program looks to be DOA. 

There are a lot of schools in Tennessee going through the same issues and clearly shows enrollment isn't totally the fair solution. If we keep going down this road we're going to see a lot of schools just fold the football programs. The sad thing about Heritage or WB is if they get another coach they usually go from bad to worse.

11 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

All of these are are all right but my close sources tell me your number 4. is more like coaches playing tug of war for players and planting the seed in their heads to go with the sport they coach. Bad situation considering who the main culprit is doing this.

I don’t know anything about tug of war. I just know reports across the country say the same thing. Plus when I attend heritage football, basketball, and baseball games I rarely hear the same names being announced.