Heritage high school

Distressedfan

11 hours ago, MLREB said:

So you just trot that out there with zero proof? Gotcha! You do realize that your starting QB is a Heritage kid? How ironic your comment is with all the transfers that Greenback has. 

Dude I could care less if our starting qb was from Mars I am just glad he is here and leading the state in passing yardage and TDs. I also could care less if all 11 of our starters played at other schools last year. You must be butthurt about something to keep coming at me. I know for a fact that Maryville has been poaching our best for years and they come after a couple people on our current roster. Not saying the coaching staff has but others have. Are you trying to insinuate that all the players on Maryville's roster are home grown?

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

But the point is he was a Heritage kid at Maryville.Thats what the point BH was making.Someone ask where are these Heritage kids???Maryville and Alcoa have their better players is that not correct.We have mostly WB kids who left a terrible program up the road.But you jumped straight on him.You did have a Heritage zoned kid on the team as does Alcoa was he not correct in what he said??He didnt say one word about trasfers.You made his post into something it wasnt.

That wasn’t the point he was making and you know it. Is it correct?.....name them and we will make that determination. Not sure how you assumed an issue with Brayden out of me pointing out that he was a Heritage kid.....have no idea. We love Brayden and are ver happy for him and his success. So the issue rumor....let’s hear about that unless you are into assumptions and rumors spreading like the y do? 

30 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Dude I could care less if our starting qb was from Mars I am just glad he is here and leading the state in passing yardage and TDs. I also could care less if all 11 of our starters played at other schools last year. You must be butthurt about something to keep coming at me. I know for a fact that Maryville has been poaching our best for years and they come after a couple people on our current roster. Not saying the coaching staff has but others have. Are you trying to insinuate that all the players on Maryville's roster are home grown?

I.....like many grow weary of those that conveniently toss our negative comments without proof. Give us the many names of those “poached” as you stated then maybe we can agree. 
I had visitor a few weeks ago that was working on a house telling me how the Maryville coaches had “recruited” his nephew. He had no idea that I knew the kids father very well and I didn’t tell him. Just listened to the lie that I have heard many times before in the past. Gets old ......but just how it is. So.....please tell me who Maryville has poached since you put it out in a public forum. 

23 minutes ago, HHSFB10 said:

I don’t know anything about tug of war. I just know reports across the country say the same thing. Plus when I attend heritage football, basketball, and baseball games I rarely hear the same names being announced. 

I always respect your response because your closer to things out at Heritage. Over time it is really hard to believe knowing most of those guys that played on those good Walland and Porter teams that this could of happened out there. I have this years football program from Heritage and see they only have 6 seniors with 20 juniors and drops back down to 15 sophomores and a very small class of 14 Freshmen. When you have only 14 freshmen that is very alarming for the near future. I know it is a big rebuild out there but it seems like we're in the middle of a three year rebuild only to possibly beat Lenior City next year to break a 25 game losing streak just to start a new nine game streak to finish out next year. I ask a good friend the other night if he thought Heritage might have a chance against karns that is in the know about Knoxville teams and he said they were awful and that Heritage may do it. Then the Bishop kid runs for 307 yards on 17 carries for 18 yards per attempt and changed that thought really fast. Most unbelievable mess I have ever seen in my life.

3 minutes ago, MLREB said:

I.....like many grow weary of those that conveniently toss our negative comments without proof. Give us the many names of those “poached” as you stated then maybe we can agree. 
I had visitor a few weeks ago that was working on a house telling me how the Maryville coaches had “recruited” his nephew. He had no idea that I knew the kids father very well and I didn’t tell him. Just listened to the lie that I have heard many times before in the past. Gets old ......but just how it is. So.....please tell me who Maryville has poached since you put it out in a public forum. 

Don't want to get in the middle of your argument but a few years ago I go down to Hardee's and all the regulars are there and they all know I'm a Maryville fan and one of them told me he was recruited by Cach Wilson in High School when he went to Walland. Then he said Coach Wilson brought some of the Maryville Cheerleaders to his house to help convince him to go to Maryville. The guy didn't know who Coach Story was and we both sat there and listened to that tale and coach said 'I didn't know that". Someone later tipped the guy off who Coach Story was and that's been five years ago and he's never been back.

2 minutes ago, MLREB said:

You sir are a joke if you are still insinuating that every player on Maryville's roster is home grown. I will not broadcast any names on this "public forum".  Not only do I not care about the program you support nor do i care if you recruit every player in the USA. I also don't care if you come after our players there have been so few over the years that could actually see the field up there. We will take your scraps if they are willing to move and win with what we can put on the field. What I find absolutely hilarious is this started by me saying all of Heritages good players were at Maryville and Alcoa and you yourself actually stated that our qb was a Heritage kid but you failed to mention he has been at Maryville the 3 previous years!!!! Bahahaha 

8 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

You sir are a joke if you are still insinuating that every player on Maryville's roster is home grown. I will not broadcast any names on this "public forum".  Not only do I not care about the program you support nor do i care if you recruit every player in the USA. I also don't care if you come after our players there have been so few over the years that could actually see the field up there. We will take your scraps if they are willing to move and win with what we can put on the field. What I find absolutely hilarious is this started by me saying all of Heritages good players were at Maryville and Alcoa and you yourself actually stated that our qb was a Heritage kid but you failed to mention he has been at Maryville the 3 previous years!!!! Bahahaha 

Never insinuated that’ at all.....that’s just from you and the other GB poster that are suggesting something is being insinuated.  I’m waiting on you to name those that were poached. I think everybody that pays any attention to local HS football knows that Brayden was at Maryville previously. Like I said.....we love Brayden and are thrilled about his success. We are also not surprised as he is as much a quality QB as he is a person. 

Probably not a popular option-and who knows if it would be considered seriously-but TSSAA should look at dropping such schools a class at a time. Heritage would go to 5A immediately then after 2 years to 4A if need be and so  on. Glencliff, Cumberland others the same. White County was allowed to play non region but Warren was turned down on this type request.

• Like 1

The success of the city schools is an obstacle for both the county schools. It has nothing to do with recruiting or anything unsavory. Parents make the decision to either pay tuition or move into the district to attend for both academics and athletics. 

that being said, this is merely one of many issues for heritage not the primary cause. 

3 minutes ago, HHSFB10 said:

The success of the city schools is an obstacle for both the county schools. It has nothing to do with recruiting or anything unsavory. Parents make the decision to either pay tuition or move into the district to attend for both academics and athletics. 

that being said, this is merely one of many issues for heritage not the primary cause. 

Could the biggest problem possibly be coaching and not “poached talent” smh for the county schools? 

22 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Could the biggest problem possibly be coaching and not “poached talent” smh for the county schools? 

Tim Hammontree is a good football coach maybe too old school for soft mommies and daddies but the man knows football.

The other county school the proof is in the pudding!Has the talent to go 500 but..... 

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1