Heritage high school

Distressedfan

21 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Could the biggest problem possibly be coaching and not “poached talent” smh for the county schools? 

Maryville or Alcoa neither one has to "poach" anything. They are the 2 best programs in the state of course kids and their parents want to play there.

My point is and will stay that part of the issue with the 2 Blount county schools is the good kids want to play for winners so they go to Maryville or Alcoa and if they can't cut the mustard there they consider going to Greenback. 

51 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Could the biggest problem possibly be coaching and not “poached talent” smh for the county schools? 

I never said poached or in anyway insinuated anything underhanded was occurring. I simply said it was one of many reasons. If you’d like to return to my original post, I listed, what I believe, to be the issues at heritage. I placed these in order from most pressing down. 

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Tim Hammontree is a good football coach maybe too old school for soft mommies and daddies but the man knows football.

The other county school the proof is in the pudding!Has the talent to go 500 but..... 

Not sure about him being to good of a coach have you ever been to a heritage game to see the two hand touch tackles they are always trying one would think if you are that hardcore of a coach maybe after the two years I've witnessed it that maybe the "hard nose" coach could have these problems rectified but I guess he's still trying to change attitudes since you know he's only been there ten years and has turned the football program into the laughing stock of blount co. Oh also maybe since in his words he only has one stand out on the teams has he has told the young men that play maybe he can just play him only & see how well that works out

9 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I know for a fact that Maryville has been poaching our best for years and they come after a couple people on our current roster. 

Momma got two reedin' this and ewe haid two brang upp "poaching"......Welp eye've been makin' Redneck Bennydict all evenin'.......Thainks a lot.....:rolleyes:

Image result for redneck benedict

Edited by STARSNBARS

I find it extremely odd that all the county sports have summer camps for kids EXCEPT Heritage Football AND William Blount Football. Basketball, Baseball, Softball, etc all have camps for their "future players", but not football???? Shows how much you really care about the future of your program if you're not reaching out to the community and providing an initial connection for a young player with the local football staff. Makes zero sense.  At my most recent coaching location, we used our summer camp as a community service opportunity for our players and staff.

On 10/20/2019 at 8:29 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

There are a lot of schools in Tennessee going through the same issues and clearly shows enrollment isn't totally the fair solution. If we keep going down this road we're going to see a lot of schools just fold the football programs. The sad thing about Heritage or WB is if they get another coach they usually go from bad to worse.

^^^^

This!

100% agree.  I hate to see a game that I love dying off and unfortunately it is in some communities.  We live in a time where we need football and our current system is not doing anything to save the sport.

Stepping off soap box now.

Yes-allow them to move down, or force a move. If the cutoff is 1450, for example, you can have a struggling school with 1455 remain with the largest schools in the state and a 1445 winning 10 games a year plays teams 1/3 smaller. Maybe a combination enrollment/merit system to keep teams from going down too far, Heritage could possibly have a drop limit of 4A. 

1 hour ago, URSUS said:

^^^^

This!

100% agree.  I hate to see a game that I love dying off and unfortunately it is in some communities.  We live in a time where we need football and our current system is not doing anything to save the sport.

Stepping off soap box now.

Thanks for recognizing what I see. I just hate standing by while watching complete fools run both schools in Blount County and not be called out on it and this is just more than the coaching. If I were to put a good example of the Heritage Program right now I would have to say it's getting very close to calling in Hospice right now. The William Blount Program would be in ICU and if they screw up and lose to Lenior City in the last game then they also need to call in the immediate  family to decide what to do there also.

• Upvote 2

It’s time for Hammontree to move on. His dicktator style of coaching was good in the beginning to tame some of the parent situations. Now he has taken it to an extreme. He has cut all ties with everyone. People want to help and despite his record the stands are still pretty full. He’s ran good players and good coaches off. Unfortunately the AD and principal are scared of the HC. He will continue to run this program in the ground. After the next 2 games his tenure at HHS will be 14-68 in 8 seasons. 

16 minutes ago, mountaineer said:

It’s time for Hammontree to move on. His dicktator style of coaching was good in the beginning to tame some of the parent situations. Now he has taken it to an extreme. He has cut all ties with everyone. People want to help 

I had a friend that had a TON of brand new Nike cleats that he had appropriated from a major college program, that had red trim and he asked me what school he could donate them to. Heritage came to mind immediately. 
My guy made at least three calls to Ham to try to give him over 100 pair of red/white Nike college level shoes and he never returned the call. 
That would have been a big boost to a struggling program.