Heritage high school

Distressedfan

3 hours ago, OleMary said:

I had a friend that had a TON of brand new Nike cleats that he had appropriated from a major college program, that had red trim and he asked me what school he could donate them to. Heritage came to mind immediately. 
My guy made at least three calls to Ham to try to give him over 100 pair of red/white Nike college level shoes and he never returned the call. 
That would have been a big boost to a struggling program. 

Don't feel bad he don't get back with Murphy Fair either. He must think it's a bill collector or something like that when he gets it in the mail.

Edited by BarneySox2007

3 hours ago, Solomon said:

Eagleton has the grass from Maryville's old field. Surprisingly nice field there. Much better than I was expecting.

Solly this rite hear iz jist anuthur good thang thait Mairvul haz dunn fer tha cownty skools.....Whut thainks do we git.....???.......A porshun ov our tacks dollars two tha cownty iz NOT shared equallee wif tha citty skools....<_<

6 hours ago, Distressedfan said:

I agree that it is time for him to move on it's sad to see that there is some kind of talent at heritage just not being used to potential now don't get me wrong not saying state title potential but definitely a 500 season or truthfully possibly a little better the jv team as looked 100x better than the varsity program but it seems like none of those kids seem to get a break on Friday which doesn't make to much sense due to they aren't going to ruin a playoff run or anything like that so why not instead of running the same three plays over & over & expecting different results I just don't understand why one that is supposed to be so good can't form a different game plan from week to week

I feel like I’m somewhat knowledgeable when it comes to football, and I have attended most of heritage’s games the past few years, except ones over an hour away. This statement is ridiculous. Heritage absolutely has some major coaching issues, but they are also severely lacking in talent. They aren’t even close to a .500 program. Based on what I’ve seen, they don’t have a single player who could start for any of the teams they’ve played this season. 

10 hours ago, HHSFB10 said:

I feel like I’m somewhat knowledgeable when it comes to football, and I have attended most of heritage’s games the past few years, except ones over an hour away. This statement is ridiculous. Heritage absolutely has some major coaching issues, but they are also severely lacking in talent. They aren’t even close to a .500 program. Based on what I’ve seen, they don’t have a single player who could start for any of the teams they’ve played this season. 

There no reason they should have lost to lenoir city Seymour william blount karns and they shouldn't lose to ooltewah this fri (which odds are will happen) isn't that a 500 season? Every one of those games mentioned above that were losses should not have been complete blowouts like they were either I do agree there is a lack of talent at heritage but you can coach up less talented players if nothing else for a couple of wins heck even one at this point would be a huge improvement over what is going on I'm a firm believer that hard work will out perform talent everyday of the week maybe as a whole nobody is willing to put in the hard work that it requires for any amount of success both players and coaches a like

36 minutes ago, Distressedfan said:

Plus how hard is it to practice tackling during practice that is one of the huge factors in having so many blowout games I don't feel it's to difficult to practice tackling 30-45min a day when it's over obvious that is one of the major problems they have as a program 

If im not mistsken your only allowed so much time for full contact now.

30 mins per group per day,no more than 3 consecutive days.(i think).Very limited on full contact.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

I seriously doubt Hammontree isn't trying to get the best he can out of what he has. Keep in mind he won the state in 1998 at Maryville with one of the best teams I've ever seen there. Most of the starting players he has really couldn't start on most of the teams they do play. Parents have sent their kids to other schools around to avoid this humiliating situation especially one with an affordable and inviting tuition compared to the other which we call the EAGLETON AFFORDA PLAN designed for families on smaller budgets. They lost a 1,000 yard plus rusher that up and skipped on the AFFORDA RENT A HOUSE AN BE ELIGIBLE PLAN two years ago and last year a zoned Heritage player was County MVP on the AFFORDA PLAN. Get what I mean. Heritage can't compete with teams picking off the new Ford lot when their having to pick at Opie's Used Cars on 321 Highway.

1 hour ago, Distressedfan said:

There no reason they should have lost to lenoir city Seymour william blount karns and they shouldn't lose to ooltewah this fri (which odds are will happen) isn't that a 500 season? Every one of those games mentioned above that were losses should not have been complete blowouts like they were either I do agree there is a lack of talent at heritage but you can coach up less talented players if nothing else for a couple of wins heck even one at this point would be a huge improvement over what is going on I'm a firm believer that hard work will out perform talent everyday of the week maybe as a whole nobody is willing to put in the hard work that it requires for any amount of success both players and coaches a like

Heritage should have beat Lenoir City, but they lost to the other teams by more than 3 scores. You can't really say Heritage should have won when they were beaten by that large of a margin. Two of those games were close at half time, and I credit that more to the other team overlooking Heritage for a half before finally waking up to play. 

Also, teams are limited in the number of contact hours either per week or year. You may think that's sad, but its all done in the name of safety. Most parents are concerned with the impact of concussions, and the limit on contact hours is an attempt to limit those.