Heritage high school

Distressedfan

Got to love the "safety" word maybe we should wrap these children up in bubble wrap before we let them leave the house how is for so long there was never any kind of time limit on how long you can have full contact & it seems to me that everyone that has played isn't a vegetable like they all act like these kids are going to be after playing anything except video games now days & also what would be the financial impact on purchasing the helmet pads that go over the top of the helmets for full contact surely not has expensive as allowing these kids to learn & play hard physical football so if one cared so much about "safety" then the extra padding for practice would be priceless 

The days of Jack Lambert, Dick Butkus and Ray Lewis football are gone and if your looking for it in high school level your looking in the wrong place. Not sure what will happen out at Heritage but looking at the past out there it usually is a good indicator of what will happen in the future. I predict the leaders there will do nothing and the problem will get worse and eventually there will be an end to the football program and the same at William Blount in time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Distressedfan said:

There no reason they should have lost to lenoir city Seymour william blount karns and they shouldn't lose to ooltewah this fri (which odds are will happen) isn't that a 500 season? Every one of those games mentioned above that were losses should not have been complete blowouts like they were either I do agree there is a lack of talent at heritage but you can coach up less talented players if nothing else for a couple of wins heck even one at this point would be a huge improvement over what is going on I'm a firm believer that hard work will out perform talent everyday of the week maybe as a whole nobody is willing to put in the hard work that it requires for any amount of success both players and coaches a like

I was in attendance of Heritage's Friday night game.

The first and most obvious reason Heritage lost is team speed. Karns had several players faster than Heritage players. Case #1 --- the young Karns player getting approximately 280 rushing yards on 14 carries that included 4 touchdowns. The heritage players played their hearts out but the difference in athleticism was very obvious.

Subject of tackling and safety. Many teams, from high school to the pros, practice a form of tackling started by the Seattle Seahawks. The tackler is taught (and you can find teaching videos on the internet) to tackle with his head to side or behind runners legs and roll with the tackle instead of getting his head in front of the runner. As you might suspect, this form is expected to lesson the number of concussions. The down side -- it lends to increase the number of "run through arm tackles".

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The days of Jack Lambert, Dick Butkus and Ray Lewis football are gone and if your looking for it in high school level your looking in the wrong place. Not sure what will happen out at Heritage but looking at the past out there it usually is a good indicator of what will happen in the future. I predict the leaders there will do nothing and the problem will get worse and eventually there will be an end to the football program and the same at William Blount in time.

There was a push by both schools' athletic directors, school board, and even the director of schools to spend money to build field houses for both programs. This was money, as I understood, to be money the school system already had in an account to spend. Even though the schools support this expense, it was unable to even make it through the budget committee. So, what are the schools and central office to do when a committee of 5 people can shut down any request? 

8 minutes ago, HHSFB10 said:

There was a push by both schools' athletic directors, school board, and even the director of schools to spend money to build field houses for both programs. This was money, as I understood, to be money the school system already had in an account to spend. Even though the schools support this expense, it was unable to even make it through the budget committee. So, what are the schools and central office to do when a committee of 5 people can shut down any request? 

Get out and vote them out of office. That's the problem with Blount County voters, they don't even know who their voting for. They just go in and pull the lever for the name they have heard before even if it was Hitler. The crew of people we have in there now are turning the Blount County School system into something from a third world  country. If any kids from those schools especially WB get sick from sewer gases or mold and those idiots turned a blind eye toward the situation then good luck when all that goes to court.

21 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Get out and vote them out of office. That's the problem with Blount County voters, they don't even know who their voting for. They just go in and pull the lever for the name they have heard before even if it was Hitler. The crew of people we have in there now are turning the Blount County School system into something from a third world  country. If any kids from those schools especially WB get sick from sewer gases or mold and those idiots turned a blind eye toward the situation then good luck when all that goes to court.

That's still out of the schools' hands. Heritage assistant principal sits on the county commission and they were still unable to fund field houses. So there's only so much the schools themselves can do. 

2 hours ago, HSfootballan said:

The first and most obvious reason Heritage lost is team speed. Karns had several players faster than Heritage players. Case #1 --- the young Karns player getting approximately 280 rushing yards on 14 carries that included 4 touchdowns. The heritage players played their hearts out but the difference in athleticism was very obvious.

Subject of tackling and safety. Many teams, from high school to the pros, practice a form of tackling started by the Seattle Seahawks. The tackler is taught (and you can find teaching videos on the internet) to tackle with his head to side or behind runners legs and roll with the tackle instead of getting his head in front of the runner. As you might suspect, this form is expected to lesson the number of concussions. The down side -- it lends to increase the number of "run through arm tackles".

3 hours ago, HSfootballan said:

I’ve been in attendance the last 8 years. Karns was a 5A School that had only won 1 game this year. The issues were tackling, halftime adjustments and strength/conditioning. Guess who’s also in charge of strength/conditioning? Mr EGO himself. The games that Heritage has been in at halftime the other teams have made adjustments at halftime and had more stamina in the 2nd half. That falls on your HC/strength/conditioning. You open the 2nd half of the Karns game and kick the ball directly to their stud and he runs it back 70 yards. Or in the LC game your defense is actually playing tough and has you in the game but he continually kicks the onside kick that gives LC the short field and puts your defense in a bad situation. The Jedi mind tricks on people are over. He has been exposed time and time again. It’s time for change. 

34 minutes ago, mountaineer said:

I’ve been in attendance the last 8 years. Karns was a 5A School that had only won 1 game this year. The issues were tackling, halftime adjustments and strength/conditioning. Guess who’s also in charge of strength/conditioning? Mr EGO himself. The games that Heritage has been in at halftime the other teams have made adjustments at halftime and had more stamina in the 2nd half. That falls on your HC/strength/conditioning. You open the 2nd half of the Karns game and kick the ball directly to their stud and he runs it back 70 yards. Or in the LC game your defense is actually playing tough and has you in the game but he continually kicks the onside kick that gives LC the short field and puts your defense in a bad situation. The Jedi mind tricks on people are over. He has been exposed time and time again. It’s time for change. 

2 hours ago, HHSFB10 said:

That's still out of the schools' hands. Heritage assistant principal sits on the county commission and they were still unable to fund field houses. So there's only so much the schools themselves can do. 

I always watch the replays on Diamond Clear. Giving up an easy touchdown just right before half didn't help either then coming back out to give them a touchdown pretty much sealed the deal in that one. Tell you what looked stupid was Karns was pretty much in the dressing room at half while Heritage still set there on the sidelines waiting for Hammontree to while he fussed with an official and the band was trying to set up. 

About the principal that voted against the field house. I didn't realize that but I do know the one vote that it did get was a former teacher and an assistant football coach at Maryville in the early eighties. That should say enough about the people that are hurting the place out at Heritage, it's own people.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I always watch the replays on Diamond Clear. Giving up an easy touchdown just right before half didn't help either then coming back out to give them a touchdown pretty much sealed the deal in that one. Tell you what looked stupid was Karns was pretty much in the dressing room at half while Heritage still set there on the sidelines waiting for Hammontree to while he fussed with an official and the band was trying to set up. 

About the principal that voted against the field house. I didn't realize that but I do know the one vote that it did get was a former teacher and an assistant football coach at Maryville in the early eighties. That should say enough about the people that are hurting the place out at Heritage, it's own people.

The field houses in Knox County that I know about were built with donor money and/or supplies.

2 hours ago, mountaineer said:

I didn't get a chance to make it out to the karns game last fri but I'm with you it seems to be close at halftime then that's when the wheels always begin to completely blow off plus how could someone has a coach tell the kids he knows it's not his coaching they are just bad football players? What reason would you want to play any different? If I do remember correctly I don't think LC ended up scoring on any of the onside kicks during that game but like you said why do we keep putting ourselves in negative situations knowing what kind of talent we have

It's also aggravating to keep seeing the same run play up the middle when it hasn't produced anything unless D.Foxx is running the ball which is rare since in Hammondtree's words everyone should all be like #4 so I guess that means you should drop as many if not more kick offs that you are to recover & never have any yards after contact idk

14 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

To be fair the asst. principal was not on the budget committee. He was pushing for the field houses. The budget committee was made up of the mayor, 2 city of Maryville commissioners (Caylor, Anderson) a citizen from Alcoa and Stinnett from the WB district. Stinnett was the only vote for yes. Caylor was Mitchell’s puppet and was constantly against the field houses. Mitchell is pushing for the rehabilitation center for the jail so he can pad his and Berrongs pockets some more.