Heritage high school

Distressedfan

13 hours ago, Distressedfan said:

I didn't get a chance to make it out to the karns game last fri but I'm with you it seems to be close at halftime then that's when the wheels always begin to completely blow off plus how could someone has a coach tell the kids he knows it's not his coaching they are just bad football players? What reason would you want to play any different? If I do remember correctly I don't think LC ended up scoring on any of the onside kicks during that game but like you said why do we keep putting ourselves in negative situations knowing what kind of talent we have

In the LC game Heritage ties it up at 14 in the 4th. Onside kick leads to LC starting at the 50. They march down and score. Field position is huge in close games! In his mind he’s the greatest coach in high school football. If you don’t believe me just ask him. 

I know your right I couldn't remember off the top of my head if the did get a score or not offer any of those onside kicks but it doesn't make sense like u said give such a short field over & over also I have read some threads on here about him at other schools kicking kids off the team for being late to practice & what not don't know if he has kicked any kids off at heritage but like you said I guess he feels it's a privilege to have him as a coach idk but from his record at heritage he might wanna try kicking some kids on the team to help the program out

3 hours ago, mountaineer said:

To be fair the asst. principal was not on the budget committee. He was pushing for the field houses. The budget committee was made up of the mayor, 2 city of Maryville commissioners (Caylor, Anderson) a citizen from Alcoa and Stinnett from the WB district. Stinnett was the only vote for yes. Caylor was Mitchell’s puppet and was constantly against the field houses. Mitchell is pushing for the rehabilitation center for the jail so he can pad his and Berrongs pockets some more. 

Tom was the one I mentioned as being a coach at Maryville in the early eighties and a very good person. I am glad to know he voted yes on the matter.

12 minutes ago, OleMary said:

Get your popcorn ready. :popcorneater:eagleton_royals_middle_maryville_tenness

Great move....I knew it was in the works, so I assume that it is definitely going to happen.  This will definitely help Heritage.  I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens in the southern part of the county.