Heritage high school

Distressedfan

2 hours ago, HTV said:

Tennessee does have "conferences".  They are called regions. 

And most regions in East Tennessee have no more than 6 or 7 teams, which leaves 4 or 5 opportunities to play those schools you are talking about sharing "goals" in non region games.  

But in reality, isn't every school's goal to play as deeply in to the playoffs as possible?  Or at least, it should be.  

Incorrect, TSSAA does not have conferences, as I described them. They have regions, based on enrollment and geographic location. 

Yes, binary thinking, winning a state championship is the goal, but in reality, life isn't so black-and-white. 

1 hour ago, abetee said:

Incorrect, TSSAA does not have conferences, as I described them. They have regions, based on enrollment and geographic location. 

Yes, binary thinking, winning a state championship is the goal, but in reality, life isn't so black-and-white. 

Conference, Regions.  They are both organized units.  Call them what you want, but in essence they are still the same.  

And you glossed right over the fact that every school has 4 or 5 opportunities to play schools with common "goals", as you asserted, in non region games.  

And as for the teams who don't want to compete for state championships, they don't have to.  Schools have the option in the TSSAA of playing independent and not playing in a region and  competing for playoff spots.  

3 hours ago, OldRebel2 said:

Dang, I thought that I had clicked on the Heritage thread, but when I read the posts, I thought it was WBHS thread.  smh

So you want to read something about Heritage you say, well their concession stand serves great food and they have a D.J. playing all those oldies from the late 70's and early 80's to get the team and fans fired up.

• 2 weeks later...

Time to bring the moving truck in! 14-68 in 8 seasons. Does not promote players to the next level. Does not talk to or send stats into media outlets. Has alienated most people that want to help the program. Nobody wants to hear about or cares about what happened in 98 with a bunch of D1 players. Nobody wants to hear war stories. If the AD does not do something then he needs to go too. It’s now or never! One more year with him and the program will be lost forever. 

If they do repurpose Eagleton into a high school, is it a more attractive job than Heritage?  What improvements would have to be made to the football stadium? Would they play at Eagleton at all to start with? Would they play at Heritage or what about Everett High School stadium? Blount County still owns the whole block on Everett hill. 

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

If they do repurpose Eagleton into a high school, is it a more attractive job than Heritage?  What improvements would have to be made to the football stadium? Would they play at Eagleton at all to start with? Would they play at Heritage or what about Everett High School stadium? Blount County still owns the whole block on Everett hill. 

After reading that it would be a vocational school I gathered there wouldn't be a need for any athletics at all or did I miss something. Back when I went to school we had vocational training that those kids went to take after so many hours at school that day and none of them played sports.

1 hour ago, mountaineer said:

Time to bring the moving truck in! 14-68 in 8 seasons. Does not promote players to the next level. Does not talk to or send stats into media outlets. Has alienated most people that want to help the program. Nobody wants to hear about or cares about what happened in 98 with a bunch of D1 players. Nobody wants to hear war stories. If the AD does not do something then he needs to go too. It’s now or never! One more year with him and the program will be lost forever. 

I guess your best off to call him up and ask him to quit because no one loses a job in the county system for a losing record. I do agree with you about alienating a lot of people that only want to help.

16 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

After reading that it would be a vocational school I gathered there wouldn't be a need for any athletics at all or did I miss something. Back when I went to school we had vocational training that those kids went to take after so many hours at school that day and none of them played sports.

I think all that vocational talk is the old bait and switch. I think this is football driven.