Heritage high school

Distressedfan

22 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I like your idea of having the games at Everett because everything is in place such as stands, parking and locker room. Also prefer hot dogs at a ballgame instead of tacos and tamales.

Word through the grapevine is that they plan to have athletics at Eagleton. I believe this will help both Heritage and Eagleton. Heritage should drop to 5a or possible 4a depending on the size of Eagleton. Eagleton would likely be a 1a school but no bigger than 2a. 

If they do have a football program games would need to be played at Eagleton. If the purpose is to re-create these small community schools then they need to play in the community. They would need some renovations, but they need a home field. 

2 hours ago, mountaineer said:

Time to bring the moving truck in! 14-68 in 8 seasons. Does not promote players to the next level. Does not talk to or send stats into media outlets. Has alienated most people that want to help the program. Nobody wants to hear about or cares about what happened in 98 with a bunch of D1 players. Nobody wants to hear war stories. If the AD does not do something then he needs to go too. It’s now or never! One more year with him and the program will be lost forever. 

Its terrible where the program is right now. But Hammondtree has done some good things at Heritage: 1st win over WB in 21 years, first 500 record in over 20 years, and back to back playoff appearances. But things have obviously fallen off the last few years. I wonder if any quality coaches would even be willing to take on the job.   

5 minutes ago, HHSFB10 said:

Word through the grapevine is that they plan to have athletics at Eagleton. I believe this will help both Heritage and Eagleton. Heritage should drop to 5a or possible 4a depending on the size of Eagleton. Eagleton would likely be a 1a school but no bigger than 2a. 

If they do have a football program games would need to be played at Eagleton. If the purpose is to re-create these small community schools then they need to play in the community. They would need some renovations, but they need a home field. 

Your right about playing in the community. They should just go on ahead since it would be a small school and set up the field at the school. They would have a locker room and practice field at the school so why not the game field itself.  The only thing is that I would hope Heritage would drop to 4A because a new school like that is going to rob them of what little they do have now. I also know this is going to take county kids that have been going to Alcoa back into the fold again. Be interesting to see what all happens.

48 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I like your idea of having the games at Everett because everything is in place such as stands, parking and locker room. Also prefer hot dogs at a ballgame instead of tacos and tamales.

I don't believe that you've visited the Everett facilities recently.  There's not enough parking for a Pee Wee and Midget game, much less a high school game.  There are no dressing rooms left.  There's just a Parks & Rec admin building and the gym.

Edited by OldRebel2

17 minutes ago, HHSFB10 said:

I agree. I just was speculating on how much work would need to be done to the old place. I used to go to EJH games there in it heyday. 

There are special rules about high schools that don't have a football team.  I'm not a rules expert, but it may be possible that the "Eagleton High School" kids could still play for Heritage without counting all the Eagleton High Student population in Heritage's classification numbers.  Maybe someone on the t knows this rule.

26 minutes ago, HHSFB10 said:

Its terrible where the program is right now. But Hammondtree has done some good things at Heritage: 1st win over WB in 21 years, first 500 record in over 20 years, and back to back playoff appearances. But things have obviously fallen off the last few years. I wonder if any quality coaches would even be willing to take on the job.   

He’s on a 25 game losing streak. His 2 playoff appearances were with 5 win and 3 win teams. Hendricks was a huge part in his success then. There’s not much coaching done on the sidelines by him. He can’t wait until the end of the game to tell how good of a coach he is and how terrible the players are. He’s ran off some great young coaches. If they bring someone in now they will win between 3-4 games next year. That Junior class is big in numbers and other athletes would come out. He will destroy that program if he stays. 

1 hour ago, mountaineer said:

He’s on a 25 game losing streak. His 2 playoff appearances were with 5 win and 3 win teams. Hendricks was a huge part in his success then. There’s not much coaching done on the sidelines by him. He can’t wait until the end of the game to tell how good of a coach he is and how terrible the players are. He’s ran off some great young coaches. If they bring someone in now they will win between 3-4 games next year. That Junior class is big in numbers and other athletes would come out. He will destroy that program if he stays. 

It is bad right now. But those records were major improvements from where they had been. As far as coaches, I was unaware he ran off that many coaches. I know the one went to Maryville, but I’d say that has more to do with Maryville and less to do with Hammondtree. How many others did he run off? 

1 hour ago, OldRebel2 said:

I don't believe that you've visited the Everett facilities recently.  There's not enough parking for a Pee Wee and Midget game, much less a high school game.  There are no dressing rooms left.  There's just a Parks & Rec admin building and the gym.

It would be in best interest of that school period to have their own place on campus or your not going to be able to convince kids to come there and play if your trying to look like a cheap skate and borrow a football field in the middle of Shanty Town. 

1 hour ago, OldRebel2 said:

There are special rules about high schools that don't have a football team.  I'm not a rules expert, but it may be possible that the "Eagleton High School" kids could still play for Heritage without counting all the Eagleton High Student population in Heritage's classification numbers.  Maybe someone on the t knows this rule.

That's an HTV question there. Where is that guy at today anyways.

5 hours ago, mountaineer said:

We wouldn't be where we are today without him, I don't think he nor your AD are your problems. 

Edited by JSamson7

2 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

We wouldn't be where we are today without him, I don't think he nor your AD are your problems. 

HC at Heritage is the (1) of multiple problems. As I was at the Basketball Jamboree tonight I notice several players playing basketball, who are not on the football team. Now, He can not control everything as far as Facilities and New School Development , However, He can make sure the best players in the school are playing Football. If Heritage dropped down to 5A, yes they have chance to be more competitive, however, make the change....  Admin at Heritage.... Oh Wait they WONT...

The biggest reason is BLOUNT COUNTY SCHOOLS DO NOT care about Athletics and everyone on here can point fingers at Coaches, athletes in the Hallways, and Enrollment. But, when you have Leaders who only care about Academics. Your School System can only go so far. Not taking anything away from Academics, but anyone seen the Demographics in Blount County... CTE..... those are your programs that should be funded with thousands of dollars not NEW SCIENCE AND LIBRARY!!!! Make those AUTO, HAVOC, COSMETOLOGY, AGRICULTURE PROGRAMS TOP-NOTCH!!!!!   

It is the PEOPLE IN CHARGE AT BLOUNT COUNTY SCHOOLS that has allowed Maryville and Alcoa to reach levels that are unreachable . But. the funny FACT is that most in Charge at those schools are BLOUNT COUNTY RAISED or have worked in Blount County School System ....... SOOOOOO........... we all know Cities Schools get everything. However, the leaders in charge let that happen. 

Football can be Succesful in BC.... However, all the fans who say they want Blount County to be Successful. Look in the MIRROR and focus your attention at BLOUNT COUNTY CENTRAL OFFICE. 

Ill hang up and listen