Heritage high school

Distressedfan

I was given information through the grapevine that Hammontree actively tries to keep players from wrestling. The one men's sport at Heritage that seems to have consistent success and he tells kids not to do it? Surely a seasoned successful coach such as Hammontree would know all the evidence of wrestling helping football players. People want to complain about the other coaches holding kids when he is doing it himself. Maybe this will change little boy Samsons opinion of King Hammontree 

7 minutes ago, dontstopbelieving said:

I was given information through the grapevine that Hammontree actively tries to keep players from wrestling. The one men's sport at Heritage that seems to have consistent success and he tells kids not to do it? Surely a seasoned successful coach such as Hammontree would know all the evidence of wrestling helping football players. People want to complain about the other coaches holding kids when he is doing it himself. Maybe this will change little boy Samsons opinion of King Hammontree 

Not really, but saying wrestling is the only success there discounts the positive things the other sports like baseball have accomplished.

Edited by JSamson7

On 11/13/2019 at 8:44 PM, JSamson7 said:

Not really, but saying wrestling is the only success there discounts the positive things the other sports like baseball have accomplished.

Fill in the black at Heritage

Baseball  ______  Wrestling

My vote Girls VolleyBall.... but, that’s just my opinion.

Riddle me this, why do baseball players not play football? Since, you stated before Hammontree Tactics work on “Your Team”. 

Seems like at Heritage the 3 male sports Baseball/ Football/ Basketball have coaches that do not like to share athletes. 

Ill hang up and listen 

1 hour ago, Pinocchio007 said:

Fill in the black at Heritage

Baseball  ______  Wrestling

My vote Girls VolleyBall.... but, that’s just my opinion.

Riddle me this, why do baseball players not play football? Since, you stated before Hammontree Tactics work on “Your Team”. 

Seems like at Heritage the 3 male sports Baseball/ Football/ Basketball have coaches that do not like to share athletes. 

Ill hang up and listen 

Whether or not Hammontree's method(s) work for my team has nothing to do with anything related to your opinion that Heritage's coaches don't like to share athletes. I'm not familiar enough with the situation to know if that's even true or not, but I would say if you ask their coaches they would say it's not. I'd be inclined to take them at their word and I can name at least 4-5 football players that wrestle now (probably find more than a few that play baseball too).

As far as "my team", there's plenty of folks on here who know who I am and where I coach. This is a Heritage thread though and to say that Hammontree's methods don't work on today's kids is just simply not true. Maybe they just don't work for Heritage, maybe they do.... For whatever reason there's not been many coaches there period to sustain any kind of success in football. You may not like everything he does, but he has more than enough positive qualities to be considered a good coach and I absolutely would trust him with my athletes all day/every day.

34 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

Whether or not Hammontree's method(s) work for my team has nothing to do with anything related to your opinion that Heritage's coaches don't like to share athletes. I'm not familiar enough with the situation to know if that's even true or not, but I would say if you ask their coaches they would say it's not. I'd be inclined to take them at their word and I can name at least 4-5 football players that wrestle now (probably find more than a few that play baseball too).

As far as "my team", there's plenty of folks on here who know who I am and where I coach. This is a Heritage thread though and to say that Hammontree's methods don't work on today's kids is just simply not true. Maybe they just don't work for Heritage, maybe they do.... For whatever reason there's not been many coaches there period to sustain any kind of success in football. You may not like everything he does, but he has more than enough positive qualities to be considered a good coach and I absolutely would trust him with my athletes all day/every day.

Robbie Bennett =

Athletic Director/ Head baseball

Tim Hammontree =

PE Coach/ Head Football 

Dennis Godfrey= 

Head Basketball Coach/ Teaching TBD

Jerry Teaster 

Head Wrestling

Never said Hammontree was a bad coach and I believe He is a great individual. His methods need to be altered in some cases due to the lack of success. Because obviously if it’s not broke don’t fix it. 

However, the Heritage Football program has suffered over the years while he was in charge.  Heritage is not going to be good until change is made. 

1-Wrestling  

2- Baseball

3- Soccer 

4- Basketball/ Football 

This is a toss up for last 

Why would you want to share Athletes if your up at the top of the list. I know this upsets you since you may favor that round ball game.  

3 hours ago, Pinocchio007 said:

Robbie Bennett =

Athletic Director/ Head baseball

Tim Hammontree =

PE Coach/ Head Football 

Dennis Godfrey= 

Head Basketball Coach/ Teaching TBD

Jerry Teaster 

Head Wrestling

Never said Hammontree was a bad coach and I believe He is a great individual. His methods need to be altered in some cases due to the lack of success. Because obviously if it’s not broke don’t fix it. 

However, the Heritage Football program has suffered over the years while he was in charge.  Heritage is not going to be good until change is made. 

1-Wrestling  

2- Baseball

3- Soccer 

4- Basketball/ Football 

This is a toss up for last 

Why would you want to share Athletes if your up at the top of the list. I know this upsets you since you may favor that round ball game.  

Doesn't upset me at all, in fact I get most of mine from football and we have no issues "sharing" our athletes at MHS.

14 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Doesn't upset me at all, in fact I get most of mine from football and we have no issues "sharing" our athletes at MHS.

Not so fast my friend!!!!

So, your telling me you are coaching at Maryville, but worried about Blount County/ Heritage Athletes??? 

You want Hammontree to stay leader so you all keep getting kids down that direction. Sounds about right. 

Recruiting at it finest. I give you all a thumbs up and credit for sure. Been in the making but, I’m just glad people are starting to get exposed in the county. 

I’ll hang up and listen