Meigs vs Polk

TigerNation

Sorry to Polk. Watched it on TV because... couldn’t stand to sit in it. Did come by and get one of those potatoes though. Worst Polk team I’ve ever seen even back to their 0-10 seasons with Davis. We need to get healthy but stay focused. Would like to think we can work on whatever weaknesses we have. Defense gave up couple long runs but seemed Offense was spot on. #30 looked good as did our 2 Special teams TDS. Noticed a couple of offensive lineman with 2nd group that looked like they could help if needed. 

40 minutes ago, Turu said:

Sorry to Polk. Watched it on TV because... couldn’t stand to sit in it. Did come by and get one of those potatoes though. Worst Polk team I’ve ever seen even back to their 0-10 seasons with Davis. We need to get healthy but stay focused. Would like to think we can work on whatever weaknesses we have. Defense gave up couple long runs but seemed Offense was spot on. #30 looked good as did our 2 Special teams TDS. Noticed a couple of offensive lineman with 2nd group that looked like they could help if needed. 

Defense did let a couple long runs through for whatever reason. Could be field conditions, but both teams had the same weather. Offensively we looked good I guess wouldn't even say we had to try to score to do it. Starters from what I saw started coming out near the end of the 2nd quarter and looked like freshman and sophomores scored 28 in the second half. All in all was a good showing by Meigs. Good game to heal up before Playoffs. Polk has taken a step back and Meigs seems to be firing on all cylinders now it seems. Should have another easier game to heal up and prepare for the playoffs. I expect good things again this year in the playoffs. 

Edited by Imthayeti

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Defense did let a couple long runs through for whatever reason. Could be field conditions, but both teams had the same weather. Offensively we looked good I guess wouldn't even say we had to try to score to do it. Starters from what I saw started coming out near the end of the 2nd quarter and looked like freshman and sophomores scored 28 in the second half. All in all was a good showing by Meigs. Good game to heal up before Playoffs. Polk has taken a step back and Meigs seems to be firing on all cylinders now it seems. Should have another easier game to heal up and prepare for the playoffs. I expect good things again this year in the playoffs. 

Polk has taken more then just a step back. Good luck to you guys in the playoffs make a deep run!!!!

1 minute ago, TynerRamFan said:

Wow they skipped the 1st round!?

That's from Preps not sure what they have going on. 

1 minute ago, Dadof2 said:

I was thinking the same thing. Last week when I was watching them play I saw several players not know how to tackle and protect themselves. 

Rain may have been a factor, but it looked as if they maybe don't hit in practice? Alot of teams aren't use to how physical another team can be if they aren't use to it. Meigs last year and this year is a very physical team. They hit hard. Alot of times a Polk player was very slow to get up after taking a hit.

10 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Appreciate it man, really hope we do as well. Hope Polk gets that turned around as well. 

Yeah it's hard watching the state Polk is in. I remember the days they was a very physical team and fun to watch even during the down years. Davis leaving really did hurt the program. Wish nothing but the best for Brewer but he got a mess and a difficult job getting that program turned around.