Cloudland heads to Mountain city

THE KING

This should be a highly competitive game.  Moving Garrison to linebacker has made all the difference in the world with our Run D and getting pressure.  Cland is playing pretty good right now.  I know we moved the ball on Hampton better than SG did so its encouraging to see these boys giving their all.  I know some disagree but I think we have a chance to break .500 and win a first round game.  That in itself would be huge for these seniors. 

19 minutes ago, THE KING said:

This should be a highly competitive game.  Moving Garrison to linebacker has made all the difference in the world with our Run D and getting pressure.  Cland is playing pretty good right now.  I know we moved the ball on Hampton better than SG did so its encouraging to see these boys giving their all.  I know some disagree but I think we have a chance to break .500 and win a first round game.  That in itself would be huge for these seniors. 

Agree with everything you said King except going to SN and coming back with a win. Thats not disrespect to anyone,Its just that SN is better than they are getting credit for. Johnson Co could go either way but from seeing both, Cloudland seems a little better.  That Garrison is a heck of a player and moving him was a good move. Can't run away from him now.

44 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Hopefully we can get these next 2. Both will be tough. Garrison move to LB was a good call. Thought he should of been at LB at the start of the season.Thought he was the one kid that could of replaced Johnson at LB from last year. Hopefully we catch a few breaks with these next 2 games.

39 minutes ago, pujo said:

Agree with everything you said King except going to SN and coming back with a win. Thats not disrespect to anyone,Its just that SN is better than they are getting credit for. Johnson Co could go either way but from seeing both, Cloudland seems a little better.  That Garrison is a heck of a player and moving him was a good move. Can't run away from him now.

I'm counting on north having one of those games where they take a big dump in the middle of the field.  Kind of like they did against CD.  :lol:

Just now, THE KING said:

I'm counting on north having one of those games where they take a big dump in the middle of the field.  Kind of like they did against CD.  :lol:

They have been inconsistent. I'm going on the one game I saw them. Big ,strong and physical. Big back is a LOAD, also have 2 other kids that can hurt you.

1 hour ago, pujo said:

They have been inconsistent. I'm going on the one game I saw them. Big ,strong and physical. Big back is a LOAD, also have 2 other kids that can hurt you.

Definitely respect your input.  I don't think we got pushed around too bad against Hampton the 2nd game.  North is not as explosive as Hampton.  I think it has the potential to be a tight fisted affair.  We do have a lot of trouble on offense against quick defenses.  Speed on the line is one of our weaknesses.  Getting out there on our blocks, giving up penetration in the gaps,  not sealing off the corner.  We've had the most success running trap plays and we've had some success throwing the ball.  This team runs better routes than any cland team I've watched in several years.  Scott has changed up the offense and he's put his faith in Hunter by giving him opportunities even after interceptions.  I don't think cland has anything to lose by putting the ball in the air more.  You can run the I formation when you have a dominant line.  We don't have that so I like the idea of the zone read option.  I think we'll see Lacy back there with Shell from here on out.  Scott was very conservative with Lacy against Hampton as he knew that we had Jellico the following week. 

2 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Definitely respect your input.  I don't think we got pushed around too bad against Hampton the 2nd game.  North is not as explosive as Hampton.  I think it has the potential to be a tight fisted affair.  We do have a lot of trouble on offense against quick defenses.  Speed on the line is one of our weaknesses.  Getting out there on our blocks, giving up penetration in the gaps,  not sealing off the corner.  We've had the most success running trap plays and we've had some success throwing the ball.  This team runs better routes than any cland team I've watched in several years.  Scott has changed up the offense and he's put his faith in Hunter by giving him opportunities even after interceptions.  I don't think cland has anything to lose by putting the ball in the air more.  You can run the I formation when you have a dominant line.  We don't have that so I like the idea of the zone read option.  I think we'll see Lacy back there with Shell from here on out.  Scott was very conservative with Lacy against Hampton as he knew that we had Jellico the following week. 

You,ve won the games you needed to, you can take any type chances  you want to now. Need to figure out Harriman  and what it takes to beat them.That would be my biggest concern going forward. I'm really shocked they beat Midway.

15 minutes ago, pujo said:

You,ve won the games you needed to, you can take any type chances  you want to now. Need to figure out Harriman  and what it takes to beat them.That would be my biggest concern going forward. I'm really shocked they beat Midway.

Cloudland got lucky in this one,no way is Harriman better than Midway it was just one of those nights.I expect Cloudland to handle Harriman.They have a little speed but lack in the coaching dept.They loaded the box with no safety and doubled Willis.Fields the other wideout had two long TD passes and Stinnett had a 75 yarder,Belcher a 65 yarder.Willis still had 116 yards double covered!Can Cloudland throw it at all??

Edited by orngnblk

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Really hoping McKinney gets more touches to. He is really good and not really a Freshman at this point in the season. 

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Cloudland got lucky in this one,no way is Harriman better than Midway it was just one of those nights.I expect Cloudland to handle Harriman.They have a little speed but lack in the coaching dept.They loaded the box with no safety and doubled Willis.Fields the other wideout had two long TD passes and Stinnett had a 75 yarder,Belcher a 65 yarder.Willis still had 116 yards double covered!Can Cloudland throw it at all??

We can throw it some.  Usually 10 to 15 times a game.  We're still run heavy but we've stepped out of the power I.  Scott is running a zone read option and mixing in some short passes.  We had some long drives against Hampton.  QB made some risky throws which resulted in interceptions or the game wouldn't have been as lopsided.  He made several nice completions.  I admire Scott for trying something different.  The power running game just wasn't working against the tougher teams.  What we're doing now gives us the best chance.  If Harriman has bad line play,  we should be able to run all night especially as physical as Blair is. 

51 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Really hoping McKinney gets more touches to. He is really good and not really a Freshman at this point in the season. 

Was very impressed with the way he outran Hampton's skill players to the endzone.  He's a gifted athlete and gives us another weapon with Conner being hurt. 

3 minutes ago, THE KING said:

We can throw it some.  Usually 10 to 15 times a game.  We're still run heavy but we've stepped out of the power I.  Scott is running a zone read option and mixing in some short passes.  We had some long drives against Hampton.  QB made some risky throws which resulted in interceptions or the game wouldn't have been as lopsided.  He made several nice completions.  I admire Scott for trying something different.  The power running game just wasn't working against the tougher teams.  What we're doing now gives us the best chance.  If Harriman has bad line play,  we should be able to run all night especially as physical as Blair is. 

Harriman’s line play was probably the bright spot for them Friday.