Cloudland heads to Mountain city

THE KING

1 minute ago, THE KING said:

Maybe they've found something that works.  They've lost some pretty lopsided games to teams we can play with. 

I’m not sure if they have found anything or not lol but that was the only thing that looked ok. I thought R2 would beat R1 I’m not sure after watching the game Friday night. Cland might make it to round 2. 

I'm pretty sure now that the school is gonna stay open.  There's been talk of resurfacing the field and upgrading the facility.  Biggest thing is to get a healthy youth club with renewed interest in the game.  The community needs more good parents who will encourage their boys to play.  This year we had only 3 teams for ages 5 thru 12.  We've got to get the tough reputation back. 

15 hours ago, THE KING said:

I'm pretty sure now that the school is gonna stay open.  There's been talk of resurfacing the field and upgrading the facility.  Biggest thing is to get a healthy youth club with renewed interest in the game.  The community needs more good parents who will encourage their boys to play.  This year we had only 3 teams for ages 5 thru 12.  We've got to get the tough reputation back. 

That's the thing kids don't want to play. We haven't had a peewee team in 4 yrs because if your a good player in 6th grade the jr high gets you. My first year as commissioner we had only 2 teams outdated equipment and very little money each year numbers have improved but only because I advertise sign ups in Avery county like crazy. If you take Avery kids away youth club football folds and that's a shame because we have PLENTY of money top notch equipment and good coaches year after year. It also doesn't help that most parents bash coaches in front of the kids winning or losing. When all the kids hear is negativity at home about football and coaches they are not going to buy in period. We have 2 out of 3 teams in the playoffs this year both of which should win it all. In 4 yrs of being commissioner we've had atleast 1 championship appearance every year with multiple teams making the playoffs every year. The youth club is as healthy as its gonna get this day and time the success in the youth is there. I have 15-20 Championship trophies in the football room because the trophy case at the elementary can't hold anymore. 

• Like 1

It's not just Cloudland struggling with numbers science hill only has 1 team in each division when I played they had 3 teams in every division. We actually have more 5-6 yr olds than they do and the exact same number of 9-10 yrs olds. The WJAL only has 4 peewee teams total this year and that's science hill bristol happy valley and Hampton. We are consistently beating the likes of Greeneville the toppers Bristol and elizabethton.

3 minutes ago, Landers23 said:

Also a comparison and I'm not saying this with hateful intentions at all but Hampton has 4 teams as of last week all 4 of those teams combined wins = 1. 

Cloudlands Youth club has pretty much always been one of the best in the County,or even league. Hampton does good in Basketball but football has always been lacking. For a really small school, no way to ask for more. I hear they have some really good teams this year.

29 minutes ago, pujo said:

Cloudlands Youth club has pretty much always been one of the best in the County,or even league. Hampton does good in Basketball but football has always been lacking. For a really small school, no way to ask for more. I hear they have some really good teams this year.

Kids around here don't seem to get into football until their high school years...I've had some good FB teams in youth club in the past but A LOT of very good basketball teams. It's strange!        Heck, Coby's bunch never won a football game from kindergarten thru 7th grade LOL

Seems the middle school has had some success tho 

28 minutes ago, pujo said:

We are loaded. The 7-8 team has the 3 best backs in the league but the sad truth is it's about a 10% chance they will attend cloudland highschool and I'm not knocking that decision at all but you can't help to think what if we got to keep all the talent that goes through the youth club losing kids like LJ Corey Cade Dalton Mitchell is devastating to a cloudland or Hampton. 

38 minutes ago, Landers23 said:

We are loaded. The 7-8 team has the 3 best backs in the league but the sad truth is it's about a 10% chance they will attend cloudland highschool and I'm not knocking that decision at all but you can't help to think what if we got to keep all the talent that goes through the youth club losing kids like LJ Corey Cade Dalton Mitchell is devastating to a cloudland or Hampton. 

Yeah my son being playing since he was 5 and I think there are 3 on the team right now that’s played with him since that time. 

37 minutes ago, Landers23 said:

Lost a couple of good linemen to Avery a few years back also. Small schools can't get by losing kids to nearby schools.