Congrats Brentwood and Skylar Coffey, ranked #7

ScottOsters

Congratulations are in order to Brentwood wrestler Skylar Coffey on being ranked #7 nationally by FloWrestling.  Skylar has moved up from the 220 weight class to heavyweight this season.  He had a great showing at Super 32, finishing 4th with a victory over the #5 kid in the nation at the time. 

According to Coach Smith, many of the top college wrestling programs are calling.  Wishing Skylar a great season!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

He's followed that up with cracking the 2020 big board as well in top 100...  Congrats and couldn't be more happy for Skylar and his family to start getting this national recognition...much deserved.  I can only imagine how much higher his stock was if he focused on wrestling and had gone to any national tournaments before March of this year!

FloWrestling big board

If you have a flo account do yourself a favor and watch this video as well, particularly at the 1 min 20 second mark... i'm calling this move from Skylar the "Flying Squirrel" .... crazy he could do that at 220 lbs against a decent NY opponent at NHSCA this March.... even crazier that I'm sure he could still pull off a similar move at 255 lbs this fall!!!  unreal and unmatched athleticism....

Edited by RDS2019