Oak Ridge vs Powell Thursday Night

keepitmoving

2 hours ago, KnoxPhoto said:

I think Oak Ridge has a chance here, imo. More than some might think. Powell had a very physical, hard fought game against West. Factor in the emotions of a big win, you never know what they’ll come out looking like. Oak Ridge got a big win on the road, so maybe it could give them some momentum to push through with a victory. Thursday needs to hurry!

Everything you just said makes perfect sense. I just don't know if all of that make up for the huge talent difference that I see everytime I see Powell on the highlights Friday night. Their defense looks huge as does their offensive line. OR needs all the help they can get!

42 minutes ago, bonkers said:

Everything you just said makes perfect sense. I just don't know if all of that make up for the huge talent difference that I see everytime I see Powell on the highlights Friday night. Their defense looks huge as does their offensive line. OR needs all the help they can get!

They definitely have size. Not sure how accurate the roster is, but three of the main guys on the d-line are listed at 330, 330, and 255. Not that it means much either way. Maybe some Powell guys can speak to the validity of the roster 

Edited by KnoxPhoto

8 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I don't know if Mattress played for West but Pillow, Bed Sheet, Quilt and Blanket did participate. Oak Ridge's wide receivers were covered by Quilt and Blanket all night long. :thumb:

LOL Willie, this is a good one. I wondered at what point someone would come out with something like this. I will tell you one thing, don't know of any team around here that wouldn't want the kid as their back. He can flat out play and is tough as nails. Several times he took hits and kept coming back for more.

4 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I see Powell scoring about 35 so how close of a game it is comes down to which Oak Ridge offense shows up.I just hope we can build off last week and keep improving for playoffs.RWR

Yikes, I doubt OR can keep it close if Powell scores 35. Our offense probably would have little time on the field.

I am hoping for a score like 22 - 21 Oak Ridge. Keys for OR are the usual ones:

1. Block & Tackle

2. Always get back up when knocked down

3. Limit turnovers

4. Powell picks up a lot of penalties. They had a bunch of penalty yards against West.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I see Powell scoring about 35 so how close of a game it is comes down to which Oak Ridge offense shows up.I just hope we can build off last week and keep improving for playoffs.RWR

If Powell scores 35 then it won't matter what OR does on offense, they will lose.

34 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

If Bailor and Trusley have  an off night and OR capitalizes than it'll be close with an upset change. Powell to me has talent all over the field but they go as they go. As they get deeper into the playoffs teams with the same speed and athletes will give them trouble.  

What did the 3 headed monster have rushing last Friday?

1 hour ago, bonkers said:

If Powell scores 35 then it won't matter what OR does on offense, they will lose.

The defense will have to play much better than they did at MJ.  Not saying they were bad at MJ, they made enough plays to win.  But they will have to tighten it up at Pal. 

Edited by oridgecat

On 10/21/2019 at 8:38 PM, KnoxVil said:

It looks as if Powell should win somewhere around 38/45-7 based on this past Friday’s game between Powell and West. West beat OR 24-7 and Powell is at least 2-3 TD’s better than West with a good officiating crew. Just basing it off of what I saw on DCM. I’ll say Powell 35-14

Exactly my thoughts.  I believe Powell will win by at least 3 TD's.  It will be a close game till halftime, then Powell's depth will prevail.