Gordonsville travels to Jo Byrns

croz6110

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Combine 1A and 2A together and 3A and 4A and 5A and 6A. Take it back to 3 classes. We do not have privates anymore so no reason for 6 classes. 

I cant see that anymore maybe 4 classes.The small 1A schools would get lost in the 3 class system now with so many schools out there.1A needs to stay at or near 350.

13 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Easy win over JB. The playoff format needs to be revised. A 3-7 team does not deserve to be in . 

I agree, that the play-offs need to be revised, but if all you look at is overall record that is not fair either. Gordonsville has struggled and has many injuries since the second game, but also look at their schedule there is only a handful of 1A teams in the state that could have had a much better record. A good 3A school, two top 3 2A schools, and 3 top 10 1A schools. There is not another school in 1A or 2A that has played that type of schedule, much less having between 8 to 9 injuries to key players for the majority of the season.

Edited by ghost

48 minutes ago, ghost said:

I agree, that the play-offs need to be revised, but if all you look at is overall record that is not fair either. Gordonsville has struggled and has many injuries since the second game, but also look at their schedule there is only a handful of 1A teams in the state that could have had a much better record. A good 3A school, two top 3 2A schools, and 3 top 10 1A schools. There is not another school in 1A or 2A that has played that type of schedule, much less having between 8 to 9 injuries to key players for the majority of the season.

Greenback,played undefeated Loudon,Meigs,Oneida,Coalfield and Oliver Springs all are top 10 teams plus a 5A school.GBs SOS is very tough.

I think I read where on coacht you're all strength of schedule is a 3 in ours is a 4 so we're neck-and-neck as far as that's concerned.

Edited by orngnblk

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Greenback,played undefeated Loudon,Meigs,Oneida,Coalfield and Oliver Springs all are top 10 teams plus a 5A school.GBs SOS is very tough.

I think I read where on coacht you're all strength of schedule is a 3 in ours is a 4 so we're neck-and-neck as far as that's concerned.

They are definitely comparable schedules. Ours was made a little tougher by the amount of injuries we've had.

We've had over a dozen freshmen play meaningful snaps this year, and 9 of them have started. However, that builds depth that I hope will help in the playoffs and in future seasons.

Even when healthy in the first game of the season, we started 3 freshmen, and played Watertown close, but were decimated by injuries the next week.

4 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

They are definitely comparable schedules. Ours was made a little tougher by the amount of injuries we've had.

We've had over a dozen freshmen play meaningful snaps this year, and 9 of them have started. However, that builds depth that I hope will help in the playoffs and in future seasons.

Even when healthy in the first game of the season, we started 3 freshmen, and played Watertown close, but were decimated by injuries the next week.

Wow,future looks great!

8 hours ago, ghost said:

Look at how easy that region is though. RBS is having to forfeit games, and Pickett County has never even had a 500 season. JB is very down this year.  SC has the worst team in 20 years.

You are not the only school with injuries. Everyone has injuries and major ones.  Our QB is out too but we still won last week. Quit with the excuses. I said this before. There is a reason for so many injuries and it isn't just bad luck. 

Edited by jimmycrackedthatcorn

22 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Easy win over JB. The playoff format needs to be revised. A 3-7 team does not deserve to be in . 

21 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Then you have Whitwell getting in and they are 1-7 right now.

In other regions there will be teams with winning records that sit home. I think you should be at least 5-5 to be included. 

Go back to only 2 teams per region. 

heck there are regions that only have 4 teams so everybody gets even if they go 0-10.