Media Received our Mr. Football Ballots today!

FridayMainEvent

37 minutes ago, lawnman said:

Just wanted to let you guys know I love your show but man you should have been at that Devils vs Betsy game.Keep up the good work guys.

Yeah, I wish we had.  I almost pulled the trigger and picked Betsy.    Love that sophomore Qb.   Hopefully we'll get to see those teams down the road.  

41 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Yeah, I wish we had.  I almost pulled the trigger and picked Betsy.    Love that sophomore Qb.   Hopefully we'll get to see those teams down the road.  

Bryson Rollins is a heck of and athlete and hope you make it to a Betsy game again sometime like I said you guys do a great job.There is nothing like high school football.

Edited by lawnman

Kicker Caleb Hawkins, Ripley High School, 6'3 203 lb. Senior. This season He has 26 touchbacks out of 30 kickoffs, 100% PAT accuracy for the second year in a row. He is 6-12 on FG but that is deceptive considering he has missed 3 of those kicks from 55,57,57. Those kicks were barely misses. I was shocked a high school kid was even attempting those distances. Two of his other kicks were blocked due to snap and hold exchange and he had one wide right. Kid is legit. As a junior he was 9/14 on FG, 100% PATs, 13 touchbacks, Sophomore 2/4 on FGs. He is a great young man as well. I truly believe he doesn't get enough recognition. He is being recruited by SEMO, Memphis and Air Force.  

45 minutes ago, Allthetalk said:

Kicker Caleb Hawkins, Ripley High School, 6'3 203 lb. Senior. This season He has 26 touchbacks out of 30 kickoffs, 100% PAT accuracy for the second year in a row. He is 6-12 on FG but that is deceptive considering he has missed 3 of those kicks from 55,57,57. Those kicks were barely misses. I was shocked a high school kid was even attempting those distances. Two of his other kicks were blocked due to snap and hold exchange and he had one wide right. Kid is legit. As a junior he was 9/14 on FG, 100% PATs, 13 touchbacks, Sophomore 2/4 on FGs. He is a great young man as well. I truly believe he doesn't get enough recognition. He is being recruited by SEMO, Memphis and Air Force.  

I've had the chance to watch this kid kick on numerous occasions and you are right, he is definitely legit. Seeing him this year, his kickoffs have definitely improved since last year. Not a single kickoff that didn't hit the endzone the few times I've seen him this year. Would have expected to see bigger schools after him since his dad kicked for an SEC school (can't remember which one), but being in Ripley doesn't help much with that I'm sure.

#2  James Moore  - RB/DE

Stratford STEM (Nashville)

Check out highlights on Hudl Link or Follow the Spartans on twitter and Instagram @Spartans615 

2019 Stats Through 8 Games (6-2 Record - Max Prep Strength of Schedule 6.7)

1631 Total Yards (#1 in AAA ; #1 in all TN Divisions)

23 Total Touchdowns (#2 in AAA ; #3 in all TN Divisions)

20 Rushing TDs  (#2 in AAA  ; #3 in all TN Divisions)

(1 Receiving  TD + 2 Defensive TD)

Offense

1530 Total Rushing Yards  (#1 in AAA ;  #3 in all TN Divisions)

204 Carries (#1 in all TN Divisions)  (56 carries vs East - Tied State Record)

Avg 7.5 yds per carry 

191.3 Yard Avg/Gm (#1 in AAA  ; #3 in all TN Divisions)

Defense

41 tackles      2 sacks        2 Fumble Recovery     2 Def TDs

2018 Stats (14 Games)  -  All State RB

2273 Rushing yds (#1 in AAA  ; #2 in all divisions)

2392 Total Yards (#3 in AAA) 

26 Total TDs (#3 in AAA)

Edited by ChadaLyon
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ChadaLyon said:

#2  James Moore  - RB/DE

Check out highlights on Hudl Link or Follow the Spartans on twitter and Instagram @Spartans615 

2019 Stats Through 8 Games (6-2 Record - Max Prep Strength of Schedule 

Offense

Avg 7.5 yds per carry 

Defense

26 Total TDs (#3 in AAA)

We've had Mr. Moore on our shortlist all season.   Thanks.

#43 Austin Scott RB, McNairy Central

Stats through 8 games

Rushing:

111 attempts

1,057 yards

9.5 ypc

22 TDs

Receiving:

16 receptions

264 yards

16.5 ypc

5 TDs

Austin has been the backbone of a very balanced McNairy (6-2) offense that is averaging 38.75 pts per game. He is not only a threat when handed the ball, he is a very good receiver coming out of the backfield that has resulted in a total of 27 offensive TDs on the year.

Edited by LetMeHearYA

On 10/22/2019 at 11:53 AM, ChadaLyon said:

#2  James Moore  - RB/DE

2019 Stats Through 8 Games (6-2 Record - Max Prep Strength of Schedule 6.7)

Offense

Avg 7.5 yds per carry 

Defense

26 Total TDs (#3 in AAA)

A Stratford poster....MAN where u been at all season?

Grey Carroll and Ahmaud Sankey from Alcoa . #1 and #15.

They don't have the exaggerated numbers some players do because Alcoa plays a team game, spreads the ball around and the starters are done at half time in 80 % of the games,  but they are probably the two best Players in 3A.

Case in point, Sankey was the MVP of state title game last year as a soph (I think) and I would bet one of them will be the state game MVP this year as well. Ask the coaches that have played against them who the most dangerous offensive player they've faced is and who is the most dominant defensive player.

My guess would be Carroll for defensive Player, Sankey or Isiah Cox for most dangerous offensive player and if you want to through out best o linemen, probably goes to #68 Eli Mitchell or #76 Brackston Alford.

15 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Grey Carroll and Ahmaud Sankey from Alcoa . #1 and #15.

They don't have the exaggerated numbers some players do because Alcoa plays a team game, spreads the ball around and the starters are done at half time in 80 % of the games,  but they are probably the two best Players in 3A.

Case in point, Sankey was the MVP of state title game last year as a soph (I think) and I would bet one of them will be the state game MVP this year as well. Ask the coaches that have played against them who the most dangerous offensive player they've faced is and who is the most dominant defensive player.

My guess would be Carroll for defensive Player, Sankey or Isiah Cox for most dangerous offensive player and if you want to through out best o linemen, probably goes to #68 Eli Mitchell or #76 Brackston Alford.

Yup, I'd add Alcoa's MLB #7 Tristen Blankenship also.