PRE SEASON P4P HIGHSCHOOL RANKINGS

NotSurprised

I am positive that these boys have received looks as their options in most cases should not be publicized as this should be kept in house with family and friends.  In addition , just because a kid signs with a college doesnt mean that money for wrestling was given as academics or other circumstances may play a large roll.  My vote is still Noah-my opinion .

• Like 1

Actually, not publicly announcing an offer is the last thing you want to do.  That is true for ALL sports.  Most schools, specifically at the NCAA division 1 level, do not want to be the only school to offer a recruit.  And in most cases, kids may be receiving letters and attention from dozens of schools for months (and sometimes years), but an offer seems to never come.  But once the first offer comes, the recruit will usually receive several more in the following days.  

I am not sure if wrestling has an equivalent- but for sports like basketball, football and baseball there are recruiting websites (rivals, scout, espn) that offer a star rating system.  The number of stars you have depends solely on what schools, and how many schools, have offered you a scholarship.

Now do these kids need to get on Coacht and list for all us nobodys who has offered them?  No... not saying that at all.  But they shouldn't be keeping that information private at all either.  

• Upvote 1

That is actually a very interesting conundrum because if you watch the bigger sports like football you will see kids tweet about every single offer they get.  Not specifics, but just that they have received an offer from X school and then usually a few days later from Y school.  I suppose it all comes back to who has the power and how you want to negotiate but typically in the business world letting people know you have other offers helps the competitive advantage for the person with the goods / services to offer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 10/25/2019 at 5:31 PM, SAC said:

I think we should let you guys wrestle it out. Winner’s rankings stand. Blackman will host and agrees to split the proceeds. Good LORD knows we need our building back.

Early bird is this weekend... Any takers? We can put almost a month of squabbling to rest and increase the size of next year’s tournament by two mats. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1