PRE SEASON P4P HIGHSCHOOL RANKINGS

NotSurprised

2 hours ago, Ummmno said:

So here's a question...

I'm not sure if Nick Boykin or Michael Kramer ever cracked the top ten on Flo. They may have. Idk. But

In a hypothetical three man round robin tournament with Nick Boykin, Michael Kramer and Skylar Coffey, each from their senior years, who wins?

all in senior season? I think I still go with Boykin. 

5 hours ago, cbg said:

With all the discussion as to who the best P4P wrestler in Tennessee is at this moment I pose the question as to who will have the best college career and why?

I am bias, but I’ve been around for a while.  I'm pretty sure Whitworth has never lost to any of the guys on that list when they were at the same weight.  It probably doesn't matter, but I know the last time he wrestled Dendy at the GA Freestyle / Greco State tournament he teched him in Greco and pinned him in Freestyle.  Last year, he teched Jaxon Smith (FLO ranked 15th @ 160 & placed 4th at the 32 this year) 10-0 in the GA Freestyle State Finals.  I'm not sure about the other guys, but he'll be the complete package for whichever college lands him; grades and wrestling IQ.  Between growth spurts and inconvenient injuries, he hasn't had the same results Nationally as some of the others, but he's finally starting to settle into his size and I think that will change drastically over the next 2 seasons.  His style should transition into college pretty seamless…. he’s not a trash or a gimmick wrestler like some guys that are successful in high school.  I think his college ceiling is higher than anyone in the state for those reasons, except maybe Trae McDaniel. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, mattpitts said:

I am bias, but I’ve been around for a while.  I'm pretty sure Whitworth has never lost to any of the guys on that list when they were at the same weight.  It probably doesn't matter, but I know the last time he wrestled Dendy at the GA Freestyle / Greco State tournament he teched him in Greco and pinned him in Freestyle.  Last year, he teched Jaxon Smith (FLO ranked 15th @ 160 & placed 4th at the 32 this year) 10-0 in the GA Freestyle State Finals.  I'm not sure about the other guys, but he'll be the complete package for whichever college lands him; grades and wrestling IQ.  Between growth spurts and inconvenient injuries, he hasn't had the same results Nationally as some of the others, but he's finally starting to settle into his size and I think that will change drastically over the next 2 seasons.  His style should transition into college pretty seamless…. he’s not a trash or a gimmick wrestler like some guys that are successful in high school.  I think his college ceiling is higher than anyone in the state for those reasons, except maybe Trae McDaniel. 

Kudos to you Mr Pitts as u are the first Person I’ve seen on coacht to spell Traes name right lol. You’d think after all his accomplishments that somebody would get his name right haha

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, durdon said:

If you went to the Father Ryan football last Friday against McCallie, you would have seen Cagle catching a ton of catches and scoring a few times. So yes, the Cagle family has moved to Chattanooga and Gavin is a student at McCallie and he will wrestle 170 this year. 

Thanks for the update! I didn’t make the trip to Chattanooga for the game, but enjoyed the first half until it turned into the BJ Harris show and it was game over!

6 hours ago, mattpitts said:

This! Look forward to squaring off against a fellow Moc soon enough, see you soon!

Kodiak Cannedy should get a mention at 138/145.  I get to see him on the regular and he is going to beat a lot big school kids regardless of their big school status.  Hopefully he gets a chance to prove it.

7th at 2019 tournament of champions

7th at 2019 nhsca

3rd at 16U SE Regional Freestyle

Won three matches at 2019 Super 32 at 138 lbs and both his losses were by two points.