Brentwood Academy

BigENS

On 10/23/2019 at 9:58 AM, SayWhat said:

What about the pg? Who left for Pearl Cohn? Did he leave for a stronger basketball school? Hasn't Brentwood been in the state championship game 4 out of 6 years? Now all of a sudden the basketball at Brentwood not that strong? Nah, I don't buy it and not saying anything negative about the guy or the kids..just saying..all of sudden, resign, nah..doesn't add up...or maybe just maybe..he just knows..that run is over...I saw Brentwood during the summer...they didn't look to hot...

That PG y'all speaking of is my nephew. Fact of matter he left because that coach didn't fit his playing style. Come on now you have the #1 PG in TN top 30 PG in the country and you tell him not to be a playmaker. I went to several games this past year and my nephew was scared to shoot, because coach would take him out. He had a name before he got to BA so he didn't need BA whatsoever! Far as his grades they are str8, it's no mystery or hidden agenda to why he left reason is because of that coach. Not saying he can't coach he just wasn't a good fit for Marcus. Yes even without my nephew Pearl Cohn would beat BA by 25, they went to the State last year playing better Talent than BA. So yeah my nephew is happy at PC where he can just play basketball and not worry about a coach holding him back!!!

• Upvote 1

On 10/29/2019 at 11:28 AM, MichaelMyers76 said:

He is known for changing schools. Pretty sure  he is up to 7 now since he started middle school.

He has changed schools, but couple schools he only went there because of his grandfather was there. But he's happy at PC, good kid also and now he can just go out and have fun just play basketball his senior year!!!

Edited by FIREBIRD80

On 10/31/2019 at 8:21 AM, FIREBIRD80 said:

That PG y'all speaking of is my nephew. Fact of matter he left because that coach didn't fit his playing style. Come on now you have the #1 PG in TN top 30 PG in the country and you tell him not to be a playmaker. I went to several games this past year and my nephew was scared to shoot, because coach would take him out. He had a name before he got to BA so he didn't need BA whatsoever! Far as his grades they are str8, it's no mystery or hidden agenda to why he left reason is because of that coach. Not saying he can't coach he just wasn't a good fit for Marcus. Yes even without my nephew Pearl Cohn would beat BA by 25, they went to the State last year playing better Talent than BA. So yeah my nephew is happy at PC where he can just play basketball and not worry about a coach holding him back!!!

#1 PG in TN? #30 in the country? Let's not get carried away.

Pearl Cohn and BA both play pretty mediocre schedules. 

A coach that has won 7 state titles, 4 in a row at BA (recently) is holding him back?

4 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

#1 PG in TN? #30 in the country? Let's not get carried away.

Pearl Cohn and BA both play pretty mediocre schedules. 

A coach that has won 7 state titles, 4 in a row at BA (recently) is holding him back?

It's not up for debate about my nephew just our side of the story! If PC was in D2 they would have 10 titles! Road is harder for PC than BA in basketball to win state. If you really knew high school basketball this wouldn't be a discussion. I'm done talking about my nephew on here. We wish BA nothing but the best in basketball this year. 

Edited by FIREBIRD80

3 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

#1PG in TN

#60 PG in the country 

#6 best player in state of TN.

Go look him up 247 sports. He did y'all that before BA! So carried away no, all facts sir!!!

I've already looked him up. The link below is what I found.

https://247sports.com/Player/Marcus-Fitzgerald-Jr-46078924/

He a 3 star commited to TSU. I don't understand what the big deal is. 

3 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

It's not up for debate about my nephew just our side of the story! If PC was in D2 they would have 10 titles! Road is harder for PC than BA in basketball to win state. If you really knew high school basketball this wouldn't be a discussion. I'm done talking about my nephew on here. We wish BA nothing but the best in basketball this year. 

Nashville basketball is medicore and has been for a long time. Every now and then a decent team comes out of the public area in Middle TN. Last years schedule isn't tough. They took a 10 point loss to Manassas (Single A) and lost to a bad Craigmont team. The link below is not an impressive schedule.

https://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule.cfm?seasonid=334&schoolid=397&sportid=3

I do pretty good with high school basketball. I have played or coached in A, (coached) AA (played), AAA (coached) all in West TN. Actually, I was lucky enough to beat or be beaten (like a drum at times) by state championship teams in all three classes. 

3 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

Nashville basketball is medicore and has been for a long time. Every now and then a decent team comes out of the public area in Middle TN. Last years schedule isn't tough. They took a 10 point loss to Manassas (Single A) and lost to a bad Craigmont team. The link below is not an impressive schedule.

https://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule.cfm?seasonid=334&schoolid=397&sportid=3

I do pretty good with high school basketball. I have played or coached in A, (coached) AA (played), AAA (coached) all in West TN. Actually, I was lucky enough to beat or be beaten (like a drum at times) by state championship teams in all three classes. 

Road is harder for PC than BA that's all I said. D2 basketball is joke in my opinion!!!