Brentwood Academy

BigENS

On 11/4/2019 at 10:15 PM, workinprogress said:

AA basketball in Nashville is some of the best in the state. Year after year there is at least one contender to win it all. MW, WC, EN have all been very successful in the last 5 years. 

Hasnt been a AA team from middle Tennessee win the 2A state tournament since CPA went back to back in 12 and 13

12 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

Last time I checked district 4 AA has been in the championship game 5 straight years. Now that’s strong business.  

At one point, Loudon, Stone Memorial, Anderson County, CAK, and Catholic all used to be in 4AA's region. None of those teams are left. The vacuum of good teams in AA is incredible. AA is very weak. Four classes is needed in basketball. 

On 11/3/2019 at 1:46 PM, FIREBIRD80 said:

Road is harder for PC than BA that's all I said. D2 basketball is joke in my opinion!!!

I was just curious with all that has gone on with Fayetteville City football the past few weeks how is he eligible to play at Pearl if he played at BA last season? The recruiting link says he is from Brentwood, Tn. Just curious that's all. Thank goodness basketball is right around the corner. 

1 hour ago, HOOPSGURU said:

At one point, Loudon, Stone Memorial, Anderson County, CAK, and Catholic all used to be in 4AA's region. None of those teams are left. The vacuum of good teams in AA is incredible. AA is very weak. Four classes is needed in basketball. 

AA is very weak??? Compared to what??? You make a few good points but CAK, Anderson County and Loudon are not great basketball schools. Loudon has had a few great teams but not many and CAK has only had recent success in basketball. Catholic and Stone Memorial have had several good teams in the last 10-15 years but this region will still have contenders in the state tournament next year and probably the year after. Also Catholic has the best recruiting service in basketball on the eastern side of the state. They are very different than anyone else you mentioned. 

As for district 4AA I don't think Fulton, Alcoa, or AE lost to any single A public schools last year. I know they all three beat AAA schools in the area. If anything football (public) should be adjusted to 4 classifications not basketball. 

21 hours ago, HOOPSGURU said:

Four classes would make things worse. 

19 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

AA is very weak??? Compared to what??? You make a few good points but CAK, Anderson County and Loudon are not great basketball schools. Loudon has had a few great teams but not many and CAK has only had recent success in basketball. Catholic and Stone Memorial have had several good teams in the last 10-15 years but this region will still have contenders in the state tournament next year and probably the year after. Also Catholic has the best recruiting service in basketball on the eastern side of the state. They are very different than anyone else you mentioned. 

As for district 4AA I don't think Fulton, Alcoa, or AE lost to any single A public schools last year. I know they all three beat AAA schools in the area. If anything football (public) should be adjusted to 4 classifications not basketball. 

AA in Memphis and West TN has been weaker than A and AAA for sometime. There have been some good teams but as an overall classification it's weak. Kids tend to go to a smaller school where they can be the star or they'll go to a AAA school where they can play with more size and talent. Wooddale won AA last year and should win this year.

Just because a team from an area wins a chamionship doesn't mean that that class isn't weak. Everyone knows that the AAA gauntlet that is Shelby County has the majority of the best teams in the state. Basektball in Nashville, in my opionion (and others), isn't very good. Yes, some years they produce good teams (seems like in AA too) but overall it is weak for an urban area.

Edited by warmachine7954

1 hour ago, warmachine7954 said:

Four classes would make things worse. 

AA in Memphis and West TN has been weaker than A and AAA for sometime. There have been some good teams but as an overall classification it's weak. Kids tend to go to a smaller school where they can be the star or they'll go to a AAA school where they can play with more size and talent. Wooddale won AA last year and should win this year.

Just because a team from an area wins a chamionship doesn't mean that that class isn't weak. Everyone knows that the AAA gauntlet that is Shelby County has the majority of the best teams in the state. Basektball in Nashville, in my opionion (and others), isn't very good. Yes, some years they produce good teams (seems like in AA too) but overall it is weak for an urban area.

The basketball has been watered down in all classifications. Brentwood Academy for years was in AA in basketball and football and then went to AAA.   CPA,Webb,GCA, and several other private school are no longer with the public schools. Obviously if you take out those schools then there is going to be less competition. What did everybody think was going to happen? This is what most people wanted. Well this is what you get. Same thing has happened in football. 

Memphis is a whole different ball game. No doubt that city produces the most talent but it also looks like one or two schools become all star teams. It’s not uncommon for a team to get 2 or 3 transfers in a  year. That’s just one of the reasons why there is no parity in Memphis in AA. A lot of the so so schools get cherry picked. At least that’s what it looks like to an outsider. 

45 minutes ago, Springbrookrat said:

The basketball has been watered down in all classifications. Brentwood Academy for years was in AA in basketball and football and then went to AAA.   CPA,Webb,GCA, and several other private school are no longer with the public schools. Obviously if you take out those schools then there is going to be less competition. What did everybody think was going to happen? This is what most people wanted. Well this is what you get. Same thing has happened in football. 

Memphis is a whole different ball game. No doubt that city produces the most talent but it also looks like one or two schools become all star teams. It’s not uncommon for a team to get 2 or 3 transfers in a  year. That’s just one of the reasons why there is no parity in Memphis in AA. A lot of the so so schools get cherry picked. At least that’s what it looks like to an outsider. 

You sure you are not from Memphis... spot on when it comes to Memphis. Transfers all the time. You just have to sort of wait and see where the top players land. some years they don't go anywhere and other years it is different. Didn't Jalen Brown transfer to Wooddale where Johnathon Lawson is playing. That gives Wooddale 2 of the top 50 Juniors in the country on the same team. they will repeat if nothing happens. 

6 hours ago, WhereYouAt said:

You sure you are not from Memphis... spot on when it comes to Memphis. Transfers all the time. You just have to sort of wait and see where the top players land. some years they don't go anywhere and other years it is different. Didn't Jalen Brown transfer to Wooddale where Johnathon Lawson is playing. That gives Wooddale 2 of the top 50 Juniors in the country on the same team. they will repeat if nothing happens. 

From my understanding Brown is at Wooddale.

Houston is loaded with talent too. Miller, Applewhite, Madlock, Yates.