Volleyball brackets... still missing the "if necessary game"

DIIA

Again this year - and the same with all years past - the volleyball brackets are "sort of double elimination" rather than actual double elimination.

This is bracketing 101 stuff, but when the losers bracket team beats the winners bracket team at the end, both teams have one loss and an additional game is necessary.  Baseball and softball both do its but in volleyball when you beat me in the earlier state round and then I beat you the second time we play, I am declared the champion.  There is no scenario where this makes sense, yet it continues year after year.

Can anyone offer insight as to (1) why this exists, and (2) why seemingly nobody has proposed it be changed to the correct way with the "if necessary game" at the in in the event that two teams have a loss.

LSU beat Alabama a couple years back in the regular season then Alabama beat LSU for the National Championship.  

The team that came thru the losers bracket typically plays a couple games more so I persoanlly do not have a problem with the championship format.  

Don't get me started about the parking!

Regular season and postseason have nothing to do with each other in this context as the volleyball tournament are billed as "double elimination."

If this is the format, it should be renamed to "double elimination (unless your first loss is at the end, then for you and only you, the format is single elimination)"

At least 2 of the 5 championships were decided in this manner which is poor.

Parking sounds like it was bad, hearing that from multiple sources.

Edited by DIIA