Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

2 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

I see your point but their lawyer may have instructed them to take this route to protect their playoff spot. Idk. I am interested on the outcome though. One side is going to have a lot of egg on face

They could have had the meeting simultaneously with the lawyer doing their thing. I guess Fayetteville isn't an option team.

• Upvote 1

Just now, sum1uno said:

I see your point but their lawyer may have instructed them to take this route to protect their playoff spot. Idk. I am interested on the outcome though. One side is going to have a lot of egg on face

I’m kinda like the other poster....I’m kinda imagining the SNL skit where  Eddie Murphy impersonating Don King says...touch me and I’ll sue. I just feel like something isn’t public knowledge. So do I have this right? Huntland wins and they are either 1 or 2 depending on litigation? If Huntland loses then Cornersville is either 1 or 2 depending on litigation?

1 minute ago, Mustang1969 said:

I’m kinda like the other poster....I’m kinda imagining the SNL skit where  Eddie Murphy impersonating Don King says...touch me and I’ll sue. I just feel like something isn’t public knowledge. So do I have this right? Huntland wins and they are either 1 or 2 depending on litigation? If Huntland loses then Cornersville is either 1 or 2 depending on litigation?

Huntland wins they will be 2nd. Richland wins then Cornersville is 2nd

i remember touch me and I’ll sue from Rocky movie. 

1 hour ago, justagoodoleboy said:

What a bunch of bs.. they really are teaching their kids a great life lesson about when you don’t get your way just lawyer up and sue!! Lol

Fayetteville is in the right. 

This all hinges on the definition of ‘territory’. Here is the TSSAA definition. 

Territory – For a public school, the “territory” of the school is the geographic boundaries and bus routes of the area served by that school as established by the local board of education. For a system-wide public school or a home school student participating at a public school, the “territory” of the school is the geographic boundaries of the school system. For a non-public school or a home school student participating at a non-public school, the “territory” of the school is the area within a twenty (20) mile radius from the school. 

Now, the ‘bus route’ specification is quite clearly meant to apply to ‘zoned’ school districts, with multiple high schools (NOT system-wide schools) in specific and enforced  zones within a system. The territory for a zoned HS among multiple High schools in the system is within the bus routes of the particular zone and also within the geographic boundaries of the system that fall within that zone.

The territory for a ‘system-wide’ HS is only the geographic boundaries - bus routes do not apply (they are intended to define the zones for multi-school systems). 

Fayetteville is clearly a system-wide school, since there is only one HS in the system. By the TSSAA’s rules, Fayetteville’s territory is defined exclusively by the geographic boundaries (all of Lincoln County acc’d to the school board, which the TSSAA recognizes has full authority in this matter).

I don’t know if this was an attempt by the TSSAA to subvert the rules or simply an inability to correctly understand and apply them, but it’s quite clear that the previous ruling is incongruent with the published TSSAA rules and definitions. 

Edited by PullinGuard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I don't think the TSSAA has ever lost one of these type cases.  I don't think they'll lose this one either.  

I think they will lose, based on logic and facts. If the ruling is based on some other consideration, you could be right. 

Edited by PullinGuard