Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

4 minutes ago, PullinGuard said:

Boiled down to the simplest of terms, here the crux of the matter.  This relates to the definition of ‘territory’  

If FHS is a ‘system-wide’ school, FHS is 100% correct and the TSSAA is 100% wrong. 

If FHS is a single school in a multi-school system with rigid zoning that is defined by bus routes, the TSSAA is correct. 

FHS is the only HS in the system.  It is an absurd notion that it isn’t a ‘system-wide’ school.   

Lincoln County is also in Fayetteville

4 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Lincoln County is also in Fayetteville

And is a part of the Lincoln County School System which is entirely separate from the Fayetteville City School System.  The TSSAA says the individual boards set their geographic area, period.  Areas can and do overlap between separate systems, all over the state  

If you live in Tullahoma, you can attend Tullahoma, Coffee County, or depending on exactly where you live, Franklin County. Three separate systems. 

Edited by PullinGuard

11 minutes ago, Salem said:

There isn't time to go through the appeals process that TSSAA is in charge of and  get in the playoffs.  The more severe penalty is missing the playoffs and not the fine. What if FHS gets a ruling in their favor AFTER the playoffs begin? They get their $600 refunded and still missed the playoffs.

IF TSSAA had ruled correctly in September then Fayetteville would have had time to go through the appeals process. Instead TSSAA revisited an old case and made a ruling 6 days before the final game of the season. As yet they have not revealed any new bombshell evidence that changed their decision. 

TSSAA immediately scrubbed FHS' wins and region standing. Time was of the essence and after a weekend of deliberation with legal counsel the school system decided this was their best recourse. 

Not true. This came down last week. The appeal was suppose to have been head YESTERDAY. 

26 minutes ago, Crock1615 said:

So would this mean that Fayetteville City and Lincoln County are overlapping districts?   

Isn't Lincoln County High School in Fayetteville?

Can students inside the city limits of fayetteville attend lincoln county high school?

Do lincoln county buses run inside the city limits of fayetteville?

Or are there separate zones for each school?

I am not familiar with this area at all, but according to google maps the schools are less than 2 miles apart.

Each school board sets their boundaries. Both happen to have chosen all of Lincoln County.  So, the boundaries clearly overlap, but that’s not at all unusual.  As I noted above, Tullahoma, Coffee County, and Franklin County ALL serve the area of Tullahoma that falls within Franklin County.  Kids are eligible at any of the three that they choose. 

LCHS serves students from within Fayetteville city limits, but provides no bus pickups inside the city.  Bus routes have no bearing on eligibility of those kids, because LCHS is obviously a ‘system-wide’ school. 

Edited by PullinGuard

When it comes to territory, if you start as an athlete at a school outside your territory (that you are allowed to attend), it's okay. The rules are for transfers. That's where it gets messy and confusing. I bet the TSSAA moves this to Federal Court, like the South Carolina Association did a few years back, to get it out of Lincoln County and to speed it up.

4 minutes ago, Vandychris said:

Not true. This came down last week. The appeal was suppose to have been head YESTERDAY. 

You are correct 100%, but how long does this process take? Would the director that made the ruling in September be able to attend to make statements on why he ruled  the way he did then? I by no means think you should skip the appeals process altogether, but time is against you this late in the season. 

I, like many of the posters on here, would like to see what made the TSSAA rule the way they did this past week. Transparency, to me, is key in this whole situation.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sum1uno said:

Lol. I know that feeling. Hoping to swing by Friday to greet you and Lee next if weather permits. I have enjoyed this thread. Learned a lot about TSSAA structure with schools. More I read the more I’m leaning towards their side. I knew TraderTwo was a profit but he seems to be a good teacher as well. 

LOL! Don't put me on a pedestal that I'm bound to fall off... I Just try and take a step back and see how things work before I judge something. "My" school was recently handed down a punishment that I felt was unfair, so believe me when I say that I've put some thought into this type situation. It's TSSAA's organization, their rules, and their judgement when (or if) rules are broken. We were vindicated through the appeal process, but "lost" a chance to play in the post season because of the timing of the whole thing. I really hated that our senior players lost that opportunity, but overall I think that everyone understood the process and was satisfied with the result. In my opinion, If Fayetteville felt that they were "in the right", that's the path that they should have taken.

5 minutes ago, Salem said:

The appeal hearing was supposed to be yesterday. Then we have to rely on a quick, fair decision from a organization that if they rule in FHS' favor would have egg all over their face. 

I might guess that the ruling would have come down Friday afternoon, just after the courts close, and just before the playoffs are set at 10am Saturday. 

Edited by PullinGuard