Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

6 hours ago, MountainTroll said:

I haven't been following this whole thing very closely, but I know one thing. This is T$$AA's gig. They write, interpret, and arbitrate the rules. They always win. Schools are voluntary members of the organization and agree to abide by the rules, as interpreted and enforced by the T$$AA. All of the sporting events and playoffs are sanctioned by the T$$AA, and they determine who is allowed to participate and who is not.

T$$AA will win.

Judge Chilly.jpg

Wasted your time Troll... not what he want's to hear, but you nailed it.

23 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Wasted your time Troll... not what he want's to hear, but you nailed it.

This is T$$AA's gig. They write, interpret, and arbitrate the rules. They always win. Schools are voluntary members of the organization and agree to abide by the rules, as interpreted and enforced by the T$$AA. All of the sporting events and playoffs are sanctioned by the T$$AA, and they determine who is allowed to participate andwho is not.

So the TSSAA has a monopoly over TN High School sports! They can not be wrong because they (TSSAA) write, interpret and arbitrate the rules...that’s basically what you’re saying right?

monopoly is when a company has exclusive control over a good or service in a particular market. ... But monopolies are illegalif they are established or maintained through improper conduct, such as exclusionary or predatory acts. This is known as anticompetitive monopolization.

Definition clearly fits the description! 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

This is T$$AA's gig. They write, interpret, and arbitrate the rules. They always win. Schools are voluntary members of the organization and agree to abide by the rules, as interpreted and enforced by the T$$AA. All of the sporting events and playoffs are sanctioned by the T$$AA, and they determine who is allowed to participate andwho is not.

So the TSSAA has a monopoly over TN High School sports! They can not be wrong because they (TSSAA) write, interpret and arbitrate the rules...that’s basically what you’re saying right?

monopoly is when a company has exclusive control over a good or service in a particular market. ... But monopolies are illegalif they are established or maintained through improper conduct, such as exclusionary or predatory acts. This is known as anticompetitive monopolization.

Sho nuff!

2 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

The TSSAA ignores this proof of violation though! Maybe if a bus hadn’t come by his address it would have received more attention! 

7682AD55-9AFA-4727-B74F-79D6F6919D51.jpeg

20523848-DE72-495C-A71D-FE6A3F0B800E.jpeg

Captain rack man what kind of mess is this? I woke up in the middle of the night cause I forgot to take my colon medicine before I went to bed and saw these pictures. Who is this? What kind of bowl is a OD bowl? I looked in my Murphy Fair book ave couldnt find nothing about this game.  You think im joking but im not. 

Athletes can participate in all star games (i.e. UnderArmor All American Game, Army All American Bowl in Texas, McDonald's All American Game, etc.) but it depends on when the game takes place.  It's not an issue with football or basketball.  The biggest stink with this is with baseball and the Perfect Game All American Game in San Diego in August.  This year is a perfect example.  Some kids from TN were allowed to participate due to the fact that the game took place before their school year started. Some were not allowed to play, because the first day of school at their particular school had already taken place.  It's a stupid rule that will be overturned and will be discussed at regional meetings, but a rule none the less.  Not to long ago players would drop out of school, play the all star game, and then re-enroll.  TSSAA had to nip that in the bud as well.

7 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

The Tennessee Board of Education delegated that authority to the TSSAA.  That is why the U.S. Supreme Court declared them a state actor in 2001 and sent the Brentwood Academy vs. TSSAA back to the appeals courts in 2001 just to slap down BA 9 - 0 in 2007.

8 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Yup. Pretty much.

Ain't sayin' it's fair or right, but I don't think we want the courts involved; and God forbid, we let the gubment start regulating it. :blink: