Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

All in, I do hate it for the kids of Fayetteville City. Those young men played their tails off this season. If the schedule had not been front loaded with region games, this would be a different story. If their last three games of the year had been region opponents, they would be in the playoffs. This unfortunately comes down to technicalities that most definitely need to be explained to every school in the state, and what some could consider poor scheduling of region games. Again, the players are the ones I hurt for the most. 

4 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

All in, I do hate it for the kids of Fayetteville City. Those young men played their tails off this season. If the schedule had not been front loaded with region games, this would be a different story. If their last three games of the year had been region opponents, they would be in the playoffs. This unfortunately comes down to technicalities that most definitely need to be explained to every school in the state, and what some could consider poor scheduling of region games. Again, the players are the ones I hurt for the most. 

Also, they would very likely have gone undefeated without him, so it's not like they can rationalize that they wouldn't have done as well if this had been resolved up front. As it turned out, he wasn't a pivotal player for them this year.

3 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

You gotta find something positive in all this.  I know right now that will be most difficult.  You could have a championship caliber team with a transfer in the future and had Fayetteville not learned from this it would be even more disheartening. 

I started with these young men when they were 5 and 6 years old.  Watching them commit to this sport as they have gotten older.  This is what those seniors have worked toward all this time.  We will be on the map for the next several years I am sure but a terrible way to end the season and their high school career. You will never convince me that this was not pushed by the locals around here.  Karma will ride their back for a long time.  Interpretation of a rule written used the way they see fit.  Good luck to everyone who got in and keep our kids in your thoughts, remember they had no influence or control in any of this except playing the game on the field.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

You gotta find something positive in all this.  I know right now that will be most difficult.  You could have a championship caliber team with a transfer in the future and had Fayetteville not learned from this it would be even more disheartening. 

Old Pirate says, This is a great example of the TSSAA selective governing! Tennessee crowned a State Champion last year will a ineligible player that the TSSAA ignored the violation. Again, the TSSAA has info regarding recruiting & ineligible transfers. To date, Nothing & No explanation for ignoring past or present. Governing incompetence has reached a high when titles are won by programs that rely on orchestrated transfers & ineligible players!  Fayetteville fans should Not expect an explanation except a letter of decline. Tennessee student athletes deserve far better than what they are getting. Every Friday night’s officiating is an example of the TSSAA’s failure. Ultimately, all types of cheating accountability falls on the TSSAA. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GG22 said:

Also, they would very likely have gone undefeated without him, so it's not like they can rationalize that they wouldn't have done as well if this had been resolved up front. As it turned out, he wasn't a pivotal player for them this year.

I agree with this as well.

5 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Haven't followed this closely, seems pretty open and shut case to me. Kid transferred, lived outside of bus zone. It sucks, but I'm trying to figure out why they would get a reprieve.

Supporters say because of the kids hard work and dedication to their success this year. Example of adults’ selective support of rule violations for the few at the expense of the masses! 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

4 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Haven't followed this closely, seems pretty open and shut case to me. Kid transferred, lived outside of bus zone. It sucks, but I'm trying to figure out why they would get a reprieve.

But wasn't it all approved for the second time in September?! That's why it's absolutely not an open and shut case. Case was ruled on by the executive director and then reversed (late in the season) by the assistant director. They better explain this in detail...what changed since September? Period.

• Upvote 1