Monterey 9-0 at Gordonsville 3-6

TALMAD

8 hours ago, HC116 said:

No disrespect to Gordonsville, but Monterey is going to win this one easily. They are just the better, more experienced team at this point. Gordy has been brutalized by injuries, so they are definitely better than their record, but Monterey is probably one of the top 5 1A teams in the state right now. Wildcats by 17+.

I will have to disagree with you on the last part, I’ve seen Monterey and Greenback play, and that game IMO would be a running clock. And most people have Greenback at #4. Maybe top 10 because there’s a big gap between the top 5 and the bottom 5.

29 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I will have to disagree with you on the last part, I’ve seen Monterey and Greenback play, and that game IMO would be a running clock. And most people have Greenback at #4. Maybe top 10 because there’s a big gap between the top 5 and the bottom 5.

The top 4 in state are a different animal! I’m from Monterey but SP and Greenback and LC and Hunting are a different level! With that said Monterey is a solid team though!

11 hours ago, HC116 said:

No disrespect to Gordonsville, but Monterey is going to win this one easily. They are just the better, more experienced team at this point. Gordy has been brutalized by injuries, so they are definitely better than their record, but Monterey is probably one of the top 5 1A teams in the state right now. Wildcats by 17+.

Might want to pump the brakes there on them being a top 5 team.

Their opponents have a combined record of 25-56. Their only opponents with a winning record are Clay Co. and Bledsoe are both 6-3 and between them have only beaten a single opponent with a winning record. Their other 7 opponents are a combined 13-50.

Sonny Moore has them 8th and quite a bit behind the teams at the top.

21 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

Might want to pump the brakes there on them being a top 5 team.

Their opponents have a combined record of 25-56. Their only opponents with a winning record are Clay Co. and Bledsoe are both 6-3 and between them have only beaten a single opponent with a winning record. Their other 7 opponents are a combined 13-50.

Sonny Moore has them 8th and quite a bit behind the teams at the top.

Let them be proud. I’m proud of them no matter what the other teams records are. Monterey don’t have many years in football like this. Let them enjoy the moment! It’s usually Basketball and Baseball before we get to feel like this! I know what lies ahead but who cares! Enjoy the moment guys because Monterey don’t see the success that SP and Greenback, TC  and others do year in and year out! 

Edited by TALMAD

5 hours ago, TALMAD said:

I’m with u on most this Croz and Last years game was a slug fest BUT u take away the weather last night and In MY opinion Monterey wins this game 21-0. Monterey fumbled 3 times inside the 10 yard line and one of the turnovers led to Clay score. I think this game will be a good game! Monterey plays like they did at Bledsoe they win by couple scores! Either way It’s nice to know we got a home playoff game! 

We were depleted when we played Clay, and we didnt have any offensive identity. We had 3 guys attempt passes. It was still only 13-6 going into the 4th, and it snowballed from there.

Healthy, I think we beat them by 2 or 3 scores.

3 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

We were depleted when we played Clay, and we didnt have any offensive identity. We had 3 guys attempt passes. It was still only 13-6 going into the 4th, and it snowballed from there.

Healthy, I think we beat them by 2 or 3 scores.

I believe this game will be much like last year. It will be a good game if ur guys are healthy! Clay did have some good linebackers and there QB is tough. That game last night should of never been that close.

2 minutes ago, TALMAD said:

I believe this game will be much like last year. It will be a good game if ur guys are healthy! Clay did have some good linebackers and there QB is tough. That game last night should of never been that close.

I didn't think the game would've been close.

They, like us, play a lot of freshmen.

We're still not as healthy as we were, but we're in much better shape than when we played Clay.

1 hour ago, TALMAD said:

Let them be proud. I’m proud of them no matter what the other teams records are. Monterey don’t have many years in football like this. Let them enjoy the moment! It’s usually Basketball and Baseball before we get to feel like this! I know what lies ahead but who cares! Enjoy the moment guys because Monterey don’t see the success that SP and Greenback, TC  and others do year in and year out! 

Right on,like Basin let them live it up while they can.Very happy to see these teams getting talk!

7 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Right on,like Basin let them live it up while they can.Very happy to see these teams getting talk!

No offense but it’s kinda like watching Re-runs. It gets old watching SP/GB beat the snot outta everyone lol. They will beat Basin/Monterey no doubt but it is nice to see different teams get in there and make a run every year! Like last year! I can’t stand Whitwell but I found myself pulling for them. Shew glad that year was over lol. 

8 minutes ago, TALMAD said:

No offense but it’s kinda like watching Re-runs. It gets old watching SP/GB beat the snot outta everyone lol. They will beat Basin/Monterey no doubt but it is nice to see different teams get in there and make a run every year! Like last year! I can’t stand Whitwell but I found myself pulling for them. Shew glad that year was over lol. 

LOL!