Haywood @ Obion County Central

stacmot

Haywood leads this series 14-1.  Obion's lone victory in the series occurred in 2011 when the Rebels destroyed the Tomcats 56-6.  Wonder who Obion's offensive coordinator was in 2011??? 

As for this week's game, the Tomcats (8-1) should be the favorite.  However, the Rebels (2-7) are playing at home, and they're coming off of a morale- boosting victory over McKenzie.   The Cats will have to stay focused and watch the penalties.  Any thoughts or comments?

Edited by stacmot

On 10/26/2019 at 8:55 AM, stacmot said:

Haywood leads this series 14-1.  Obion's lone victory in the series occurred in 2011 when the Rebels destroyed the Tomcats 56-6.  Wonder who Obion's offensive coordinator was in 2011??? 

As for this week's game, the Tomcats (8-1) should be the favorite.  However, the Rebels (2-7) are playing at home, and they're coming off of a morale- boosting victory over McKenzie.   The Cats will have to stay focused and watch the penalties.  Any thoughts or comments?

The OC of obion that year was our now head coach lol

On 10/27/2019 at 9:29 AM, Tomcatfan2011 said:

The OC of obion that year was our now head coach lol

I’m glad Coach Smith is on our side now.  Go Tomcats!

In another Haywood/Obion coaching twist, Ernie Jackson (who served as Haywood’s head coach in 2013 and 2014) served as Obion’s offensive coordinator in 2015 and 2016.

Haywood is Region 7-4A’s number one seed and Obion is fifth.  With no hope of making the playoffs, I’m sure the Rebs would love nothing more than to knock off the region champs.

Common opponents/results:

Ripley defeated Obion 28-27 while Haywood defeated Ripley 42-7                                                                            

Dyersburg defeated Obion 42-24 while Haywood defeated Dyersburg 28-21

Crockett County defeated Obion 41-21 while Haywood defeated Crockett Co. 45-30

3 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Obion will not lay down easily unless you come out and big them off the bat. When we (Peabody) played them they hung with us until we threw a bomb and scored a TD then the wheels feel off after. 

Obion has hung around with quite a few of the teams they have played.  I agree with you.  Haywood has got to Jump on them fast, or it could be another long night.  Hopefully, HHS won't be plagued with a lot of penalties.  The penalties have kept a lot of Haywood's opponents in more than a few games this season. 

9 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Obion has hung around with quite a few of the teams they have played.  I agree with you.  Haywood has got to Jump on them fast, or it could be another long night.  Hopefully, HHS won't be plagued with a lot of penalties.  The penalties have kept a lot of Haywood's opponents in more than a few games this season. 

Hopefully it won’t be. Y’all need this to be a blow out in order to rest some key guys for the first round next week, we were fortunate last night to escape with no injuries and a shortened game for the starters. Good luck

Edited by Goldenpride

37 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Hopefully it won’t be. Y’all need this to be a blow out in order to rest some key guys for the first round next week, we were fortunate last night to escape with no injuries and a shortened game for the starters. Good luck

The Cats struggled against both Crockett Co. and South Side.  Numerous penalties made both of those games somewhat unnerving.  Obion always plays Haywood tough.  If we aren't motivated, and we commit numerous penalties,  I'm afraid this game might be unsettling as well.  It just depends on what Tomcat team gets off the bus.

Congratulations on Peabody's undefeated regular season.  Y'all were the only West Tennessee team to succeed last year, and I hope y'all can do it again in 2019.  The Big Ten is probably before your time, but I'm always glad to see former Big Ten teams succeed in the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, stacmot said:

The Cats struggled against both Crockett Co. and South Side.  Numerous penalties made both of those games somewhat unnerving.  Obion always plays Haywood tough.  If we aren't motivated, and we commit numerous penalties,  I'm afraid this game might be unsettling as well.  It just depends on what Tomcat team gets off the bus.

Congratulations on Peabody's undefeated regular season.  Y'all were the only West Tennessee team to succeed last year, and I hope y'all can do it again in 2019.  The Big Ten is probably before your time, but I'm always glad to see former Big Ten teams succeed in the playoffs.

Thank you. I’ve heard countless stories from my granddad about the Big10 and the upset over Brownsville they pulled off haha, the two teams he always said that were the toughest on the block were Brownsville High and Jackson Golden Bears. Hopefully we will all be up for a chance to win the Gold this year

Edited by Goldenpride