DB @ Alcoa

Throwdeslant

8 minutes ago, DBturningitAROUND said:

Its like I posted to another person on here.I can careless if you believe me or not buddy.Im talking with Alcoa and Maryville fans.If you don't like what im posting then scroll on by.

This is a message board. You don't pick and chose who you talk to or who reads the message unless you take it to private. Alcoa and Maryville fans think you're stupid. Go to bed Tar Heel.

All things considered I think DB did a lot tonight to help the program for the future. After not playing so well last week I think they bounced back pretty well against one of the best teams in the state. Science Hill losing to Bearden tonight makes last weeks loss even more puzzling. Before the season started I had DB winning two or three games this year. After a 4-6 record last year to 8-2 this year with a lot of Jr.'s and sophs. is a pretty good turnaround. Just  need to coach up that secondary and cut out all those silly mistakes. Maybe next year will be better. Alcoa is on Maryville's level so it was a good showing tonight. I think closer than the final score. Good job by the staff with the game plan.

5 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

All things considered I think DB did a lot tonight to help the program for the future. After not playing so well last week I think they bounced back pretty well against one of the best teams in the state. Science Hill losing to Bearden tonight makes last weeks loss even more puzzling. Before the season started I had DB winning two or three games this year. After a 4-6 record last year to 8-2 this year with a lot of Jr.'s and sophs. is a pretty good turnaround. Just  need to coach up that secondary and cut out all those silly mistakes. Maybe next year will be better. Alcoa is on Maryville's level so it was a good showing tonight. I think closer than the final score. Good job by the staff with the game plan.

Well said.I however  just had the feeling the coaches got pretty much all they could get last night out of every position .Just looking at the Alcoa wideouts standing  there,I thought at anytime they could burn the DB defense with  advantage in either size or speed on the DB players.Hope their running back is ok,what a hoss as well.The offensive line for Alcoa looked very impressive .I was thinking I might even be able to coach this Alcoa team to a couple of wins with all those players on both sides of the ball.That one young man on defense was awesome for Alcoa ( gray or however it's spelled,I'll have to look his name up,just a great player  ).I can see where the Alcoa  fans would get upset about not blowing out every team they face with this group of athletes.

Edited by BatmanDevil
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Well said.I however  just had the feeling the coaches got pretty much all they could get last night out of every position .Just looking at the Alcoa wideouts standing  there,I thought at anytime they could burn the DB defense with  advantage in either size or speed on the DB players.Hope their running back is ok,what a hoss as well.The offensive line for Alcoa looked very impressive .I was thinking I might even be able to coach this Alcoa team to a couple of wins with all those players on both sides of the ball.That one young man on defense was awesome for Alcoa ( gray or however it's spelled,I'll have to look his name up,just a great player  ).I can see where the Alcoa  fans would get upset about not blowing out every team they face with this group of athletes.

When WaCo posted the weakness of the d-backs I immediately thought our coaching staff would choose to run directly at their strength. This staff can be very stubborn with game plans. Alcoa was very lucky that it didn’t bite them last night. It’s very difficult to argue this style because the main goal is the championship and they’ve won plenty of them. However, It’s very frustrating to watch at times. NOT TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM THE DB PLAYERS. They never quit and played one heck of a game. Last weeks loss was definitely a fluke. It happens......

Grey Carroll #1 (jr.),  Batman. Appreciate the compliment. Those guys have been very consistent even with a 3-4 defense that many of aren’t huge fans of. 37 points through 40 qtrs ain’t too bad. 

Good luck to DB from here on out. I think y’all make some noise in the playoffs. :thumb:

9 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

They did a lot for their future - 1st yes they quit scheduling Greeneville whom kept handing it to them , but heres where you you all lost your mind playing Alcoa ha ha , as we all know DB was just another bump in the road to another 3A championship run for Alcoa so they were making u all feel good for a while - the way i see it and this is a "fact" the money that is pumped into DB every year and with one of the biggest student enrollment's in the state of Tenn as of this year 7th with over 2000 students -- Maryville comes in at 80th -- and poor ole Alcoa 207th and still field one of the top programs in the state - and as i meant by pouring money - the donations made by all the companys and business's  there in kingsport helping supply the Athletes  throughout the season when you have that kind of support you should be a top tier program year in -year out .jmho...............congrats to All that make it to the playoffs thats a lot of work put in by these young men .............

19 minutes ago, greenegreene22 said:

They did a lot for their future - 1st yes they quit scheduling Greeneville whom kept handing it to them , but heres where you you all lost your mind playing Alcoa ha ha , as we all know DB was just another bump in the road to another 3A championship run for Alcoa so they were making u all feel good for a while - the way i see it and this is a "fact" the money that is pumped into DB every year and with one of the biggest student enrollment's in the state of Tenn as of this year 7th with over 2000 students -- Maryville comes in at 80th -- and poor ole Alcoa 207th and still field one of the top programs in the state - and as i meant by pouring money - the donations made by all the companys and business's  there in kingsport helping supply the Athletes  throughout the season when you have that kind of support you should be a top tier program year in -year out .jmho...............congrats to All that make it to the playoffs thats a lot of work put in by these young men .............

Typical Greeneville fan post. Yeah, DB dropped Greeneville but kept playing Alcoa. I think if they wanted to get away from a loss they would of dropped Alcoa. Maybe you're lucky they did drop you because you didn't match up very well in that scrimmage. And yeah, before you say it I know a scrimmage doesn't equal a game. But it does tell you something when you get physically pushed all over the field by the other team. So Greenville has got the best of DB lately that is true but I have a feeling the tide is turning against you. It doesn't matter how many students or how much you spend on fancy stadiums. What it all comes down to is coaching. You can bark all you want to. DB's coaching went sour for the past 8 years. That's starting to change now. More proof it's all about coaching is in your house. Greeneville was on top of the world with Ballard there. Now in the first year without him you play two good teams and you lose to both of them. I've seen a lot of post on here with your fans complaining about the coaching. You should worry about Betsy. Their building a powerhouse over there. Might knock you off your pedestal for a long time to come. I also think it's telling that of all the other schools that are larger than Maryville and Alcoa you have to single out only DB. What happened, did you get fired at Eastman? Or maybe Pals?

On 10/29/2019 at 10:46 AM, BCsportsfan said:

If the Alcoa Offense uses the same game plan as they did in the Maryville game, it will be a close game.

If the Alcoa Offense comes out with the same game plan they used in the GP game with a power running plan with #7, #17, & # 15 it will favor Alcoa. B)

If Alcoa will add a bit more short passing routes to that run game and get #4, #17 & #12 involved, the Tribe will NOT slow the F5 Tornadoes down! :thumb:

Alcoa has the players to have an offense that can strike like "lighten in a bottle".....will they uncork the bottle???:huh:

The Alcoa defense will show up, period! :thumb: DB, may score, but, I'd say 14 points TOPS!

My prediction:

Alcoa 35, DB 14

Yup, Alcoa's Defense is the real deal! Holding DB to two field goals  for the game was better than even I could expect!

The offensive play call again too tight.  They did get #7 involved.  And, passed well at times, but still not using all the weapons.  DB loaded box to stop the run as I thought they would. The creativity and use of the short quick pass and screens when teams put all their defenders on a "postal stamp" is confusing? #17, #12 and #4 can catch short route passes as well if not better than the long throws down field? Use the numbers when the Defensive Backs are in the LB's back pocket. The short passes especially to the edges would force the defenses to spread out, opening the run lanes. 

DB is a great team and I'm happy for the Alcoa win. Hoping the Tornadoes can get the offense rolling like the defense heading into the playoffs!:thumb:

11 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

This is a message board. You don't pick and chose who you talk to or who reads the message unless you take it to private. Alcoa and Maryville fans think you're stupid. Go to bed Tar Heel.

I chose who I post to.I think there some of there fans and ours are stupid.But they can post what they want.And yes im a tar heel and proud of it.Mallard Creek traveled to SC Twice this yr.Them coming over to Tennessee want be a problem im 100% sure.Only thing that would stop them is if coach Palmieri didn't think it would be worth the trip.And the AD Whomever would need to talk to is Quante Speight.All ive heard since ive been here is Maryville this and that.If there that good and as everyone on here say they are.I say make it happen that would give everyone a great game to see.

10 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Are you sick or Drinking?

2 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

When WaCo posted the weakness of the d-backs I immediately thought our coaching staff would choose to run directly at their strength. This staff can be very stubborn with game plans. Alcoa was very lucky that it didn’t bite them last night. It’s very difficult to argue this style because the main goal is the championship and they’ve won plenty of them. However, It’s very frustrating to watch at times. NOT TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM THE DB PLAYERS. They never quit and played one heck of a game. Last weeks loss was definitely a fluke. It happens......

Grey Carroll #1 (jr.),  Batman. Appreciate the compliment. Those guys have been very consistent even with a 3-4 defense that many of aren’t huge fans of. 37 points through 40 qtrs ain’t too bad. 

Good luck to DB from here on out. I think y’all make some noise in the playoffs. :thumb:

Not that it matters to you.But you just earned my respect with this post.All im tryig to say is some fans disrespecting DB.They have state titles and earned them the way tssaa awarded them by voting.DB didn't chose that way but that's tssaa choice.And for anyone to say they want earned is bull.Let me ask you,Most folks on here and vols fans.And ive seen folks wearing shirts that say that they have 6 nat titles.5 of those were voted on.But vols fans still claim them.Its the same as DB's in high school.How is it any different.Its not.All im saying