LEWIS AT FORREST

GeneralForrest

12 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Its amazing how CA had to start playing other schools that recruit private schools, and all of a sudden they are a .200 team  :lol:

First... congrats on the success during the regular season this year. I've been following and pulling for the Region 5AA teams. 

.200 ? :lol: Overall 4-5 = .400 and in DII 4-3 = .571 

CA is 4-3 in DII with the three loses coming at the beginning of the season against the #1, #2, & #4 ranked teams in DII-A. Also their other two non-region games were against the 9th ranked teams in the State in both DI AAAAA and AAAA divisions .  Yes, CA lost a lot of talent from the 2018-2019 but I'd say the 4-5 record is from also playing up against tougher competition. I guess they could have easily scheduled some smaller schools for their non-region games and improve their regular season record to 6-3 instead but what does that win you? 

Again, congrats on the great regular season. 

11 hours ago, ddaddy said:

It’s funny how when teams are loading up on players too how the tide turns. I now have no animosity towards privates and even wish CA luck if they make the Playoffs.

Always made me laugh when they said they didnt recruit. Looking at their record I almost believe it now.

19 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Always made me laugh when they said they didnt recruit. Looking at their record I almost believe it now.

Their record is a result of a slight drop off  in talent and a increasingly difficult schedule. Opening the season with Marshall County and Shelbyville before playing the top D2-A teams in your first 5 games was a tall task.  

3 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

@Salem WHAT IS YOUR TAKE HERE:

I want to know these matchups on both sides

Forrest/Lewis OL vs Forrest/Lewis DL

Forrest/Lewis RB vs  Forrest/Lewis LB

Forrest/Lewis WR vs Forrest/Lewis DB

Special Teams

Have to leave something for the Main Event crew to discuss. lol I will try to type up something before the game. I'm actually having to work now since the strike ended!

UNDEFEATED SEASON 

From Wikipedia:

A perfect regular season (known by other names outside the United States of America) is a season excluding any playoffs, where a team remains undefeated and untied;

Someone with more brains than I can tell if it has ever happened in Forrest history. 

Winning means:

• This would be the first undefeated season in a LONG time, at the very least. 
  • This team would be remembered forever.
  • They would also be remembered for finishing a perfect regular season with a Region title winning game against the No. 6 team in the state.

It also means that:

• 10/10 times, even during times of adversity on the field, including some tough moments against Portland, Moore Co, Summertown, and Cascade, and with many important contributors out or hobbling, they still got the W. 
  • The guys who had to step up and into the roles, many of them fresh and soph, did their jobs and did so against starters for several of their opponents. 
  • The ones not on the field, coaches, managers, even non direct game participants like cheerleaders, parents, band members, faculty, and athletic and school administration, did their part to support and assist the combatants to achieve their undefeated regular season.
  • They also did so with shutouts a few times. 

I don't think Forrest needs to win this game. I think they ned to dominate it. If we have all our kids back, we need to take it to them and make them quit. 

• In 2014, MTCS came to The Rock a top 3 undefeated team. Forrest, like now, had several guys out with various injuries as a result of a tough loss to Page a few weeks before. Halftime score- 35-7, as Forrest cruised to a 49-14 win. 
  • In 2016, Watertown came to The Rock, undefeated and ranked #3 in the state. Forrest came from being down 21-7 and gutted out a 35-28 victory. Several of these seniors played a role in that win as freshmen. 

The seniors need to lead.

They need to lead in attitude, in effort, in speed, in strength, and in result.

It all comes down to this game, the most important regular season game in Forrest history, because it is simultaneously for a region title and an undefeated season. 

These seniors need to avenge the last 2 years' defeats (by a combined 64-22)

Lewis is not playing for an indefeated season. We are. Let it all hang out on the field. Go out there and do your job. Play football. Nothing else matters. 

Whatever the result,  they need to make sure, Lewis, and all their fans, as well as all the Forrest participants and families, "Remember The Rock"

The 2016 squad  was a very special group. But they fell at Jackson Co. Who knows why. Fatigue, the travel, overconfidence. JC played well but no one thought they were the better team overall. They got destroyed at an R3 school the following week, Tyner or Meigs somebody.

2016 Rockets went to the Final 8 where they got the unlucky draw of Marion. AE, Waverly and Trezvant were the other semifinalists. I say Forrest couldve hung with Waverly and AE that year. They went as far as they could have.   

This group has been amazing, but unless they go 10-0, I would still have to give the edge to the 2016 team.   If this bunch wins Friday, I am ready to entertain that they might be better. 

Should b a fun game to watch... I’ve talked to several of the LC boys and they are ready for the challenge! If LC comes out fired up and plays a complete game like they did the 2nd half of the Camden game, I can see them taking this win. If not then I see Forrest winning. Only thing that worries me is the maturity of this Forrest team.. With that being said good luck to both teams and I hope it stays injury free. Let’s Go LC!