Class 4A

802Tomcat

12 hours ago, OldCatFan said:

I think whoever we get in round 1 will be better than anyone we have played all season.

No question there.  Region 4 is always stacked. Livingston will have to be on their A game each week to advance, but that's the case for everyone this time of year. 

13 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

I’ve lost count but how many are playing college ball? I know Trent is Wrestling as well. Would love to see the stat on the guys playing on saturdays from this year and last

Off the last 2 state championship team you have a lot of kids playing on Saturday or playing other sports in college.  From 2 year ago you have Nick Rideout at ETSU off last years team you have Cade at Army, Hite at Wake Forest, Goddard at UVA, Both Gillespie brothers and Tommy Taylor at UVA-Wise.  Dalton Mclain and Jacques Gillespie-Taylor are both playing baseball at Walter State and Trent is wrestling at Campbell University.  Off this year team you have Everhart committed to Marshall, Youngblood committed to Furman, Albright committed to UT, and Knuckles committed to Williams College 

4 hours ago, haweanbula said:

Im going to throw this out here. Obviously we don't know what TSSAA is going to do for the next cycle, but currently Carter, Fulton, Gibbs, and Seymour are all playing up in 5a ball with 4a numbers. Any chance that those teams go back to 4a with the next classification if the numbers hold true? 

Add that Elizabethton is 3A playing up will they change? I am sure some will stay some will change etc just see after next year. It is after next season correct?

On 10/28/2019 at 2:42 PM, HC116 said:

Don’t sleep on Livingston Academy. They’ve steamrolled through the majority of their schedule. Lots of seniors, and an incredibly explosive offense.

There D is what helps them win. There O is good but not like people on here are saying. There not physical and I believe that's what's going to hurt in the playoffs. I pull for them but also know the teams out of Nashville will really light the board up. They can make some noise but won't win the state title. They have nothing to be ashamed about the have had a great run. 

On 10/28/2019 at 2:42 PM, HC116 said:

Don’t sleep on Livingston Academy. They’ve steamrolled through the majority of their schedule. Lots of seniors, and an incredibly explosive offense.

Don't sleep on Macon. They woke up last week and drilled white. White gave LA all they wanted. Macon was the toughest team I seen all yr. Can LA match Macon in a battle of Grit. Look forward to this one.

10 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

Has Betsy ever beat Alcoa?

No, But Greeneville has. Greeneville steamrolled them in 2011 but that was the same Greeneville team that was averaging like 49+ points per game and Alcoa went 8-5 that year in one of their worst seasons. Alcoa the next season in 2012 trounced Greeneville 42-0...EHS has played Alcoa 3 times, 2009, 2010, 2016. The 2016 game EHS played Alcoa closer than anyone else that year but came up short 17-14. Alcoa finished 14-1 with the loss to Maryville and a State title that year.