District 5AA

ElGoat

8 hours ago, logcabinman said:

Your (Meigs) girls looked really good!  Good assessment, as I do believe that Central girls will improve throughout the season.  

I agree with you. Central will be pretty young but they'll improve as the year goes on.

6 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I’m still talking Central to finish second in the district, most teams in the district have one or two good players, but Central has enough talent to get there. The way I see it.

Meigs

Central

Sweetwater 

Sequoyah

Loudon

Polk

And I agree with you. Central could possibly lose to a Sweetwater or Sequoyah early in the season if they don't play well that night but at season's end they should be the second best team in the district. I'd love to see them make it to the region championship game but the other district has Signal Mtn. that's pretty good. 

On 11/13/2019 at 12:26 PM, logcabinman said:

Your (Meigs) girls looked really good!  Good assessment, as I do believe that Central girls will improve throughout the season.  

Someone posted this on facebook about the jamboree last night: Chargerettes win over Sequoyah 17-5. Scoring for the Chargerettes: Kellan Baker 7, Kailey Finney 3, Constance Osbourne 3, Kara Crabtree 2, and Lexi Hafley 2. I only recognized a couple of these names.

On 11/13/2019 at 1:45 PM, Dadof2 said:

I’m still talking Central to finish second in the district, most teams in the district have one or two good players, but Central has enough talent to get there. The way I see it.

Meigs

Central

Sweetwater 

Sequoyah

Loudon

Polk

Was Meigs in the high school jamboree last night? I saw where McMinn Central played Sequoyah and beat them 17-5. 
Your daughter played a solid game last night for Meigs Middle against a very good team. One of the Cherokee parents told me they beat Athens Middle by about 2 points a couple weeks ago. It looks like it's a three team race, all with only one loss as of now. Is there another team remaining on the schedule as good as these three?

22 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Was Meigs in the high school jamboree last night? I saw where McMinn Central played Sequoyah and beat them 17-5. 
Your daughter played a solid game last night for Meigs Middle against a very good team. One of the Cherokee parents told me they beat Athens Middle by about 2 points a couple weeks ago. It looks like it's a three team race, all with only one loss as of now. Is there another team remaining on the schedule as good as these three?

Meigs looked solid last night!  MCentral mixed and matched as well as Seq.  Great opportunity to get some nerves out.  Didn't hear anything on Sweetwater????

2 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

Yes the high school girls played Tellico, I think they won 22-5. 
I really don’t think so, it will be between those three, I think if they play like that, they will be very hard to beat.

I see Central struggled with a bad Midway team, only winning by 3, then played good tonight against GP. That shows improvement. Polk best Midway by 20 tonight. Meigs lost to Oak Ridge and Grainger, they should of won both games, they shot the ball poorly, they lead  both games by double figures, I think I was told in the Oak Ridge game they were 1 for 17 from three. 

On 11/26/2019 at 11:43 PM, Dadof2 said:

I see Central struggled with a bad Midway team, only winning by 3, then played good tonight against GP. That shows improvement. Polk best Midway by 20 tonight. Meigs lost to Oak Ridge and Grainger, they should of won both games, they shot the ball poorly, they lead  both games by double figures, I think I was told in the Oak Ridge game they were 1 for 17 from three. 

Thanks for the update. Outside shooting has been our kryptonite the last few years. If any team plays us man to man, they’re kinda asking to get beat because no one can guard stone and Kenny. 
I’m not saying that’s why we have been getting beat, just what I’ve observed. I am confident our girls will be fine. 

53 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

Thanks for the update. Outside shooting has been our kryptonite the last few years. If any team plays us man to man, they’re kinda asking to get beat because no one can guard stone and Kenny. 
I’m not saying that’s why we have been getting beat, just what I’ve observed. I am confident our girls will be fine. 

The girls have shot the lights out of it the last two games, they won Wednesday 75 to 25, in the second round of the Hardee’s classic. Kenny had 25 her self. Anna Crowder has played really good to. If those three keep scoring and the others play good defense. They will be extremely hard to beat. 

They play Saturday at David Crockett in the championship game vs David Crockett, I think they are 5-0 this year, they are a decent 3A team.

3 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

The girls have shot the lights out of it the last two games, they won Wednesday 75 to 25, in the second round of the Hardee’s classic. Kenny had 25 her self. Anna Crowder has played really good to. If those three keep scoring and the others play good defense. They will be extremely hard to beat. 

They play Saturday at David Crockett in the championship game vs David Crockett, I think they are 5-0 this year, they are a decent 3A team.

Glad to hear they are getting on track. Keep us posted. 

• Like 1