6AAA 2019-2020

Alumn89

Warren beats White County by 1 point. Warren lead pretty much the entire game. I wasn't there, but the radio announcer said the shot White co hit at the buzzer that was waived off by the refs was actually good according to the replay. Coach Mitchell said the same thing.  I don't know. I wasn't there. It is what it is.

33 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

Ok. I saw the replay on Facebook. The basket should have counted. 

It was a great game, but the reporter from the newspaper in McMinnville has a picture of the ball in the young man’s hand with double zeros on the clock at the other end of the court, it was close. That young man from Sparta is fun to watch

18 minutes ago, wc06 said:

It was a great game, but the reporter from the newspaper in McMinnville has a picture of the ball in the young man’s hand with double zeros on the clock at the other end of the court, it was close. That young man from Sparta is fun to watch

There are pictures all over my Facebook feed and the ball is clearly out of his hands and hitting the backboard and there is still .1 seconds on the clock. I wish i could post the pic on here.

Warrens coach on the radio even said it should have counted. 

Edited by 85warrior

3 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

There are pictures all over my Facebook feed and the ball is clearly out of his hands and hitting the backboard and there is still .1 seconds on the clock. I wish i could post the pic on here.

Warrens coach on the radio even said it should have counted. 

If your going by the video board at the game it’s off on real time, there are pictures that I’m sure will be in the paper Sunday, it was a great game to watch, Sparta has a really good team and fun to watch 

I’ve saw both arguments and photos showing what appear to be conflicting evidence. On the video in real time it looked good. That’s for the two WCs to argue til the end of time I guess. 

I’m more interested in the phenomenon that is men’s basketball in 6AAA/8AAA. I’ve watched both these play Coffee County two times this year. Game one against Sparta- CC wins at home. Not a blow out, but a solid win. Up in Sparta, less than 2 weeks later, they destroyed CC. That was the White County team I expected in Manchester. Similar situation in McMinnville. WC blows out CC only to get blown out themselves down in Manchester. Having seen somewhat the best and worst of both, I was shocked that White County lost. First guess was Slatton was sick or inured, but I saw him in the video. Point is, I suppose, Boys basketball this year has been unpredictable, if not entertaining. That loss won’t hurt Sparta most likely and neither team will forget it for one reason or the other. Fans won’t either. That’s good for high school sports. 

I’ll drift back over to the 8AAA girls thread now. 

1 hour ago, PEARLBALL said:

I’ve saw both arguments and photos showing what appear to be conflicting evidence. On the video in real time it looked good. That’s for the two WCs to argue til the end of time I guess. 

I’m more interested in the phenomenon that is men’s basketball in 6AAA/8AAA. I’ve watched both these play Coffee County two times this year. Game one against Sparta- CC wins at home. Not a blow out, but a solid win. Up in Sparta, less than 2 weeks later, they destroyed CC. That was the White County team I expected in Manchester. Similar situation in McMinnville. WC blows out CC only to get blown out themselves down in Manchester. Having seen somewhat the best and worst of both, I was shocked that White County lost. First guess was Slatton was sick or inured, but I saw him in the video. Point is, I suppose, Boys basketball this year has been unpredictable, if not entertaining. That loss won’t hurt Sparta most likely and neither team will forget it for one reason or the other. Fans won’t either. That’s good for high school sports. 

I'm over it already. It is what it is. The only way we'll play Warren again in the District will be in the tourney at White County. I feel good about that matchup if it happens.

2 hours ago, PEARLBALL said:

Warren plays a lot better at home, White has the best team, Slatton played and had a slow start but played great in second half, had a dunk on a put back rebound that was incredible