NCS at Trinity Christian

ReitzFan

The Eagles of Nashville Christian will come flying into Jackson Tennessee on a Friday to take on the Lions of Trinity Christian Academy. NCS comes in ranked as the number one team in the state and are considered by many to be the odds-on favorite to win the state championship. TCA is in desperation mode this week as TCA must knockoff NCS in or to even make the playoffs. NCS will have a balanced rushing and passing attack with multiple players that can hurt you. TCA counters with a bunch of under-sized youngsters who are not even old enough to know about the business end of a razor. There is no question that this is a true David vs Goliath type of ball game.

Game time temperatures will be in the 40s on Friday evening. If you can't be at the ball game, Fox Sports Jackson 105.3 will have exclusive coverage of this contest beginning with a pregame show at 6:30 p.m. Stan Gerard will have the call of the game at 7 p.m. online audio streaming will be available at http://www.foxsportsjackson.com .  You can also listen to the game on your phone by calling at 605-468-5762. Fox Sports Jackson 105.3, in conjunction with the TCA audio-visual Club, will also present live video streaming of this game. Tentative airtime for the video stream is at 6:50 p.m. You can view this game at the following link http://www.tcalions.com/live

Edited by ReitzFan

NC finishes first regardless of the outcome of this game.  They have nothing to gain.  It’s possible they could sit some of their starters who might have some minor injuries.  You never know, they might decide to sit some of their healthy starters.  Either way, I think TCA has a chance because they have everything to gain and NC has nothing to gain.  If TCA’s defense will play like they’ve been playing lately they have a good shot.  Don’t be surprised if it’s a tie game at half.  Obviously the odds are against TCA but hey, UT gave Bama a game for 3.5 quarters!  If TCA hands it to Davis every time they don’t have a chance.  They must mix it up and keep NC off balance.  Good luck to both teams and prayers for an injury free game.  

You are on point intense. I will Add that if  Davis touches the ball 25 times from the same standard formations and run gut right, gut left we will not have a chance. He has to be used as a decoy to even open it up for him. The line can not block when the other team knows where we are going with the ball. I dont Care what level you are at. If the ball goes 93% to the strong side with the same player you will not win. He will get yardage but no W. I do Believe the Lions have a punchers chance if they come out and do something totally different. 

I have seen NCS on film in a few different games this season. Needless to say, I am impressed with this team. Offensively, they have the two biggest bookend tackles that I've seen in a long time at the high school level. I'm going to date myself a little bit here, but I compare their quarterback to a left-handed Fran Tarkington. He can scramble all day in the backfield and wait for receivers to pop open. He also delivers a very effective fastball. Defensively Nashville Christian can bring it. There is one young man, the starting right defensive tackle, who is the size of a building. No way you will be able to run straight at this big cat. If he gets his meat hooks into you, you are toast. NCS also has an excellent kickoff and punt return game.

Absolutely Nashville Christian will be the prohibitive favorite coming into this ball game. I have no doubt that they're going to try to come into this game and be the 800-pound gorilla and push us around and beat TCA up. That being said, my film study does show some deficiencies that can be exploited in some of the schemes that NCS will run. Weather TCA is able to exploit them or not is another story altogether. Big Ed said TCA has a puncher's chance in this game. Using boxing terms, I believe TCA will have to play rope-a-dope against Nashville Christian. If TCA can somehow manage to hang around into the fourth quarter I agree with Big Ed that we will have a puncher's chance. This is certainly a true David vs Goliath type of game. Way back in ancient history, the bookmakers in Las Vegas established Goliath as the prohibitive favorite to beat David. Well, we all know how that turned out. I am in no way saying that TCA is going to win this game. What I will say is that TCA will stand up to Nashville Christian and fight them hard with everything our boys have.

TCA needs to take the advice of a 60s musical group called The Hombres and "Let it all hang out". They need to do this because in the words of one of my favorite groups, KISS, TCA has "Nothing To Lose".

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2019 at 6:37 PM, BigEdMo said:

It looks like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. Maybe they will be looking past us to the playoffs. All I will Say is Trap

On 11/1/2019 at 12:54 AM, ReitzFan said:

I have seen NCS on film in a few different games this season. Needless to say, I am impressed with this team. Offensively, they have the two biggest bookend tackles that I've seen in a long time at the high school level. I'm going to date myself a little bit here, but I compare their quarterback to a left-handed Fran Tarkington. He can scramble all day in the backfield and wait for receivers to pop open. He also delivers a very effective fastball. Defensively Nashville Christian can bring it. There is one young man, the starting right defensive tackle, who is the size of a building. No way you will be able to run straight at this big cat. If he gets his meat hooks into you, you are toast. NCS also has an excellent kickoff and punt return game.

Absolutely Nashville Christian will be the prohibitive favorite coming into this ball game. I have no doubt that they're going to try to come into this game and be the 800-pound gorilla and push us around and beat TCA up. That being said, my film study does show some deficiencies that can be exploited in some of the schemes that NCS will run. Weather TCA is able to exploit them or not is another story altogether. Big Ed said TCA has a puncher's chance in this game. Using boxing terms, I believe TCA will have to play rope-a-dope against Nashville Christian. If TCA can somehow manage to hang around into the fourth quarter I agree with Big Ed that we will have a puncher's chance. This is certainly a true David vs Goliath type of game. Way back in ancient history, the bookmakers in Las Vegas established Goliath as the prohibitive favorite to beat David. Well, we all know how that turned out. I am in no way saying that TCA is going to win this game. What I will say is that TCA will stand up to Nashville Christian and fight them hard with everything our boys have.

TCA needs to take the advice of a 60s musical group called The Hombres and "Let it all hang out". They need to do this because in the words of one of my favorite groups, KISS, TCA has "Nothing To Lose".

You guys weren't joking when y'all have said the D2 boards are boring... I never get on the D2 but now I see why LOL. We gotta get you guys back in 7-2A or even 1A for that matter

10 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

You guys weren't joking when y'all have said the D2 boards are boring... I never get on the D2 but now I see why LOL. We gotta get you guys back in 7-2A or even 1A for that matter

To big of an advantage for us. Can’t you tell by all of the gold balls we have. Plus everyone has thin skin over here. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BigEdMo said:

To big of an advantage for us. Can’t you tell by all of the gold balls we have. Plus everyone has thin skin over here. 

Thin skinned is being politically correct. I'd say too many over here are "posterior hurt" when you have an opinion that does not goose step with there thoughts.

26 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I would be happy to come back to division one and be put in 1A. Sadly, too many would cry about that. I know schools like Dresden and Lake County would just line up and say let's play ball. I wouldn't mind coming back to  7-2A either. Those folks certainly don't mind talking smack. Most also have thick skins and realize that it's just talk and part of the game. Not to worry though because Big Ed and I are always a lurking in the shadows just waiting for an opportunity to shake the bush!

Edited by ReitzFan

3 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

I would be happy to come back to division one and be put in 1A. Sadly, too many would cry about that. I know schools like Dresden and Lake County would just line up and say let's play ball. I wouldn't mind coming back to  7-2A either. Those folks certainly don't mind talking smack. Most also have thick skins and realize that it's just talk and part of the game. Not to worry though because Big Ed and I are always a lurking in the shadows just waiting for an opportunity to shake the bush!

How you think USJ will fair against Davidson academy 

Edited by Goldenpride

1 hour ago, Goldenpride said:

How you think USJ will fair against Davidson academy 

To be honest, I was shocked that they handled NCS as easy as they did. NCS is very talented and I just didn't see it coming. Davidson Academy is a good ball Club. They are run-heavy. They have good size and will smack you. They beat usj but that game was played in a rainstorm. Right now I would have to establish usj as a favorite. Their kicking game is better and I think their offense is more complete. The QB is not very mobile though due to his knee injury. If good pressure can be put upon him that could change things. Right now I see usj by 9

24 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

To be honest, I was shocked that they handled NCS as easy as they did. NCS is very talented and I just didn't see it coming. Davidson Academy is a good ball Club. They are run-heavy. They have good size and will smack you. They beat usj but that game was played in a rainstorm. Right now I would have to establish usj as a favorite. Their kicking game is better and I think their offense is more complete. The QB is not very mobile though due to his knee injury. If good pressure can be put upon him that could change things. Right now I see usj by 9

It was a shocker to me, but USJ has gotten hot at a good time. That Crockett game helped them out, by playing a team that was more physical. I see the Bruins bringing it back