THE WEATHER! ...... Oh, really ?!?!?

blazer1set

16 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

It’s a good thing this is a Tennessee board and not a Buffalo or Green Bay high school board...

I only see lightning and severe heat as reasons to move or reschedule a game. I saw a little league team playing the other week in the rain....little ones seemed just fine.

They also go to school in 2 feet of snow, lol.      Of course it is table top flat up there....

My son still says that his favorite high school game he played in was in 2004 played as the remnants of Hurricane Ivan dumped about 4 inches of rain on the field, and it wasn't artificial turf back then. 

Of course it didn't hurt that his Powell team beat arch rival Halls 7-0 that night. 

Took until the following Wednesday to get his game cleats clean of mud and dried out.

Edited by HTV

48 minutes ago, sheppy said:

HTV,

I knew you would bring up that game.  Wish we hadn't tried corner fade route early in the game...INT!

I was soaking wet during pre-game, was wearing Gore-Tex rain gear and threw away my coaching shoes after the game.

Yeah. I always wondered why you tried a fade in to a 25 mph wind. :-o

That completely changed the game, but if memory serves Powell's defense gave you 60 yards on that drive and not much else the rest of the night. 

In fact both defenses were spectacular that night.  Cody Watts and Jay Courtney just made one more play than you guys did that night. 

5 hours ago, 422PT said:

It ain't baseball.... it's played in all elements (except lightening) - new generation of a soft #### society. Before you know it we will have players wearing skirts cause they "identify" as cheerleaders. 

I would be shocked if the majority of your posts dont start with "Back when I played, we ..........."

3 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Rain is okay, but playing in the cold sucks.

You would have died at some of the soccer games I played in England in the 1965-68 period then.  Games with a layer of ICE on the field and all we had was a long sleeve t shirt, shorts and knee socks.  Try a sliding tackle on the ice in that!  Nothing like having the game stopped so you can get the bleeding stopped from an ICE cut on the thighs.

For that matter try the little old English game of Rugby.  Of a 33 man squad, only 5 went the full season without at least one broken bone!  For myself it was nose (twice) and 4 fingers.