Station Camp is a dumpster fire...

HondaDeals4Vets

15 minutes ago, HondaDeals4Vets said:

Only years they were any good was when Josh Malone was there, even then they underachieved. This is a change that has needed to be made for the last 4-5 seasons

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, wave88 said:

If I were Hollingsworth and staff and I got word of this type of nonsense, the director of schools himself would be the one to let me go.  This is high school football/sports.  I’m not a fan of the guy but this is ridiculous.  

Or maybe resign for the good of the program. They're 17-43 since Malone graduated, 4-25 over the last 3 years. Parents/fans at most schools would do the same thing if their program was that bad. Gallatin  basically fired/force resigned a coach with a much better record over that time period than SC

Just looking from afar, but it seems that Station Camp is now playing 6A football with 5A enrollment.  They are trying to compete with schools in their region with enrollments of 2228, 1900, 1800 & 1926.  Station Camp has 1470.  That is a tough hill to climb as far a region games are concerned.  If they lost that many kids in their enrollment the last few years, you can imagine the athletes that were rezoned as well over this time.  They played Stewart's Creek (2238 enrollment) and Gallatin (1650 enrollment).  I think it will get better in region play if Station Camp administration will let them move down to 5A in next classificiation in '21.  

15 minutes ago, ocac said:

Just looking from afar, but it seems that Station Camp is now playing 6A football with 5A enrollment.  They are trying to compete with schools in their region with enrollments of 2228, 1900, 1800 & 1926.  Station Camp has 1470.  That is a tough hill to climb as far a region games are concerned.  If they lost that many kids in their enrollment the last few years, you can imagine the athletes that were rezoned as well over this time.  They played Stewart's Creek (2238 enrollment) and Gallatin (1650 enrollment).  I think it will get better in region play if Station Camp administration will let them move down to 5A in next classificiation in '21.  

Stewarts Creek's enrollment dropped below 1900 (not 2238) this year with rezoning and the opening of Rockvale. Smyrna is the largest school enrollment wise in RuCo at this time. 

3 hours ago, ocac said:

Ok, I disagree with putting a petition on a message board and think there’s other ways to go about it if you feel changes with the coaching staff need to happen.  I was not going to comment on the thread at all, but please if you’re going to make comments, please make sure they have merit. Not being involved in that program, I’m not sure what all the issues are, but it’s well beyond entollment. 

Station Camp has been out scored 361-51 through nine games.  That’s giving up over 40 and scoring under 6 per game.

That’s not simply enrollment.

They lost to 4A Springfield (who is average this year at either 7-3 or 6-4) and 4A White House (who is currently 4-5 and will not make the playoffs).

Please tell me how that’s enrollment.

Wilson Central has a higher enrollment, but are an average team, who will finish 6-4 (would be worse if didn’t have 1-8 Overton and 0-9 Antioch on the schedule).   Lebanon and Rossview also have higher enrollment, but are average at best (one will finish 5-5 and the other 4-6).  

Their region is weak this year and they have two 4A teams on the schedule. Six or seven of the teams on their schedule will finish at 6-4 or worse.  There’s no way they should be 0-10 this year, I have personally seen them play.  I’m not saying they should be a 7-3 or better team, but they should at least be competitive and their not (they’re losing by an average of about 5 TDs a game).  Again, I have my opinions, but not knowing the details of what all is going on with the program, I’ll not publicly post them on a message board.

As a Beech fan, it doesn’t affect me if they don’t change anything. If we move out of the Region with Hunters Lane and Glencliff, maybe we can schedule them for homecoming. That said, it’s much better football when everyone in the county that play each other are competitive, otherwise games that would be rivalries (see Beech/Gallatin this year and Beech/Hendersonville every year). 

• Like 1