Station Camp is a dumpster fire...

HondaDeals4Vets

8 hours ago, eers said:

Ok, I disagree with putting a petition on a message board and think there’s other ways to go about it if you feel changes with the coaching staff need to happen.  I was not going to comment on the thread at all, but please if you’re going to make comments, please make sure they have merit. Not being involved in that program, I’m not sure what all the issues are, but it’s well beyond entollment. 

Station Camp has been out scored 361-51 through nine games.  That’s giving up over 40 and scoring under 6 per game.

That’s not simply enrollment.

They lost to 4A Springfield (who is average this year at either 7-3 or 6-4) and 4A White House (who is currently 4-5 and will not make the playoffs).

Please tell me how that’s enrollment.

Wilson Central has a higher enrollment, but are an average team, who will finish 6-4 (would be worse if didn’t have 1-8 Overton and 0-9 Antioch on the schedule).   Lebanon and Rossview also have higher enrollment, but are average at best (one will finish 5-5 and the other 4-6).  

Their region is weak this year and they have two 4A teams on the schedule. Six or seven of the teams on their schedule will finish at 6-4 or worse.  There’s no way they should be 0-10 this year, I have personally seen them play.  I’m not saying they should be a 7-3 or better team, but they should at least be competitive and their not (they’re losing by an average of about 5 TDs a game).  Again, I have my opinions, but not knowing the details of what all is going on with the program, I’ll not publicly post them on a message board.

As a Beech fan, it doesn’t affect me if they don’t change anything. If we move out of the Region with Hunters Lane and Glencliff, maybe we can schedule them for homecoming. That said, it’s much better football when everyone in the county that play each other are competitive, otherwise games that would be rivalries (see Beech/Gallatin this year and Beech/Hendersonville every year). 

I even called it before they even played a game this year that the only game they would have a chance to win was against White House in week 1. They lost that game 13-7 and got blown out the rest of the season.

I seen them play 2A Trousdale County at the jamboree and if that had been a regular season game it would have probably been a 28-7 or so win for TC. A 2A school shouldn't be winning in the trenches against a 6A school.

Station Camp doesn't have the numbers on the sidelines, size on the field or the playcalling from the sidelines.

I remember sitting on the Station Camp sidelines last year when they played Lebanon and seen a very poorly coached game. They ran the same tired offense the entire game. They would run it 3 times for either negative or no gain and then punt. They didn't even try to throw a pass until the 2nd half and even then only threw a couple in the game. Lebanon had a kid that was blowing up their line and I watched them repeatedly allow this guy to blow up their plays without being chipped or having help to prevent it.

Just no adjustments in game. Just bang your head against a wall for 4 quarters and hope it gives a different result at some point. For comparison's sake I will offer up Chuck Gentry at Lebanon. They make adjustments in game and namely at half. You will regularly see them come out in the 2nd half and change something that wasn't working from the 1st half.

Its a players responsibility to give their best effort. Its a coaches responsibility to make sure those players are in the best position to make that effort count.

Then in the 2nd half they go to the Lebanon side of the field trailing by multiple touchdowns and on 4th and short they punted the ball.... For what? To preserve the chance that a team that has been unable to gain anything more than a 1-2 yards on the same handful of run plays was all of the sudden gonna reel off 5 touchdowns and take the lead?

And then wonder why you can't get kids to come out and play or they transfer to other schools.

16 hours ago, GoPats2019 said:

Station Camp

Siegel

Heritage

3 programs that should be much better. 

How much better should Station Camp be in all honesty? In region they play Mt. Juliet, Hendersonville, Wilson Central, Rossview and Lebanon. Not winning any of those games and haven't as they are 0-15 since this region started several years ago. Then non-region they have Beech (10-0), Gallatin (9-1), Stewarts Creek (8-2), Springfield and White House. The first 3 are just flat out good teams this year. Springfield is 4A but have gone to at least the 3rd round of the playoffs in 4A the last 3 years. That leaves White House.

30 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

I even called it before they even played a game this year that the only game they would have a chance to win was against White House in week 1. They lost that game 13-7 and got blown out the rest of the season.

I seen them play 2A Trousdale County at the jamboree and if that had been a regular season game it would have probably been a 28-7 or so win for TC. A 2A school shouldn't be winning in the trenches against a 6A school.

Station Camp doesn't have the numbers on the sidelines, size on the field or the playcalling from the sidelines.

I remember sitting on the Station Camp sidelines last year when they played Lebanon and seen a very poorly coached game. They ran the same tired offense the entire game. They would run it 3 times for either negative or no gain and then punt. They didn't even try to throw a pass until the 2nd half and even then only threw a couple in the game. Lebanon had a kid that was blowing up their line and I watched them repeatedly allow this guy to blow up their plays without being chipped or having help to prevent it.

Just no adjustments in game. Just bang your head against a wall for 4 quarters and hope it gives a different result at some point. For comparison's sake I will offer up Chuck Gentry at Lebanon. They make adjustments in game and namely at half. You will regularly see them come out in the 2nd half and change something that wasn't working from the 1st half.

Its a players responsibility to give their best effort. Its a coaches responsibility to make sure those players are in the best position to make that effort count.

Then in the 2nd half they go to the Lebanon side of the field trailing by multiple touchdowns and on 4th and short they punted the ball.... For what? To preserve the chance that a team that has been unable to gain anything more than a 1-2 yards on the same handful of run plays was all of the sudden gonna reel off 5 touchdowns and take the lead?

And then wonder why you can't get kids to come out and play or they transfer to other schools.

How much better should Station Camp be in all honesty? In region they play Mt. Juliet, Hendersonville, Wilson Central, Rossview and Lebanon. Not winning any of those games and haven't as they are 0-15 since this region started several years ago. Then non-region they have Beech (10-0), Gallatin (9-1), Stewarts Creek (8-2), Springfield and White House. The first 3 are just flat out good teams this year. Springfield is 4A but have gone to at least the 3rd round of the playoffs in 4A the last 3 years. That leaves White House.

Responding to the second part... they could at least keep it respectable. Other than White House they got blew out all year. That region is way down this year. Yes, Hendersonville should have won a couple more games, but they won the Region at 5-5.

White House = Terrible

Springfield = Down/Average 4A team

Lebanon = Not very good

Wilson Central = Not very good

Rossview = Not very good

Yet, none of those games were close other than a 4A White House that didn’t make the playoffs. Better = at least be competitive. 

I truly believe the SC job could be a good one. They have good demographics in an area that is absolutely exploding population wise. Facilities are adequate and the community will support it if they put a good product on the field. It will take an energetic coach who is willing to come and work his tail off to change a culture that has gone horribly wrong. I’m not sure how the #’s will shake out in a few years after Liberty Creek is built, but there’s no reason they shouldn’t be competitive. 

10 hours ago, eers said:

Responding to the second part... they could at least keep it respectable. Other than White House they got blew out all year. That region is way down this year. Yes, Hendersonville should have won a couple more games, but they won the Region at 5-5.

White House = Terrible

Springfield = Down/Average 4A team

Lebanon = Not very good

Wilson Central = Not very good

Rossview = Not very good

Yet, none of those games were close other than a 4A White House that didn’t make the playoffs. Better = at least be competitive. 

So if they went 1-9 or 2-8 (wins against White House and Springfield) and only lost by a couple touchdowns to Lebanon, WC and Rossview we wouldn't be on here having the same conversation?

Because they went 3-7 last year with losses of 1-2 touchdowns to Rossview, Springfield and Wilson Central and at the end of the season there was a thread to fire the coaches. And they had a easier schedule that year as well.

Their regions record this year is a bit misleading in my opinion as they played a much tougher non-region slate than in the past years.

Lebanon went 5-5 but 4 of their losses came against teams that were a combined 35-5.

The same with Hendersonville at 5-5. They lost to Oakland, Gallatin and Beech (combined 29-1). Then they lost to Lebanon and Independence by a combined 8 points.

And Wilson Central was better this year than they have been the last couple years.

When I watch Station Camp play I don't see a team that has the talent on the field and is being held back by coaching. I see that at Lavergne where they can pull a big upset one week and then get blown out by a bad team the next week. From a talent and numbers perspective in 6A they look like a slightly better Antioch team.

Station Camp looks like a 4A team on the field. They looked like Portland. And that very well may be that kids dont' want to play because of the coaching staff. But with the team I seen them field this year they were never gonna compete with anybody in 6A.

Edited by steelcityroller

1 hour ago, steelcityroller said:

So if they went 1-9 or 2-8 (wins against White House and Springfield) and only lost by a couple touchdowns to Lebanon, WC and Rossview we wouldn't be on here having the same conversation?

Because they went 3-7 last year with losses of 1-2 touchdowns to Rossview, Springfield and Wilson Central and at the end of the season there was a thread to fire the coaches. And they had a easier schedule that year as well.

Their region record this year is a bit misleading in my opinion as they played a much tougher non-region slate than in the past years.

Lebanon went 5-5 but 4 of their losses came against teams that were a combined 35-5.

The same with Hendersonville at 5-5. They lost to Oakland, Gallatin and Beech (combined 29-1). Then they lost to Lebanon and Independence by a combined 8 points.

And Wilson Central was better this year than they have been the last couple years.

When I watch Station Camp play I don't see a team that has the talent on the field and is being held back by coaching. I see that at Lavergne where they can pull a big upset one week and then get blown out by a bad team the next week. From a talent and numbers perspective in 6A they look like a slightly better Antioch team.

Station Camp looks like a 4A team on the field. They looked like Portland. And that very well may be that kids dont' want to play because of the coaching staff. But with the team I seen them field this year they were never gonna compete with anybody in 6A.

They have a losing culture and until the culture changes this topic is irrelevant. They’ve had one winning season and one .500 season in the last eleven years. Are there players that leave because they want to be part of a winning culture? Yes. So how do you change the culture? Or do you just continue to go along with it and say “poor is, we’re just never going to win”? 

I have no horse in the race, but my kid wouldn’t play there with the current culture. 

A question for you and anyone else that can tell me... How are they good in other sports?

EERS is exactly right. Until you change the culture the results will not change.  Don’t like how it’s being done with the petition though.  I don’t know Holly but I do know 2 of his assistant coaches and they are good coaches I just think a change at the top is needed.  As an example when their current seniors were freshman I think they only lost 1 or 2 games and pushed us all over the field.  

On 11/2/2019 at 12:16 PM, mondo44 said:

EERS is exactly right. Until you change the culture the results will not change.  Don’t like how it’s being done with the petition though.  I don’t know Holly but I do know 2 of his assistant coaches and they are good coaches I just think a change at the top is needed.  As an example when their current seniors were freshman I think they only lost 1 or 2 games and pushed us all over the field.  

So then, how do they do that?