Station Camp is a dumpster fire...

HondaDeals4Vets

11 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

He will apply for a lot of jobs it sounds like. 

Station Camp, I do not think will attract a lot of offers.  Probably get a coordinator looking to move up.  What do you think?  

I think people will be surprised honestly. I would probably look for a good coordinator that is enthusiastic and ready to make a lot of changes. I believe it’s a place you can win. 

8 minutes ago, bigchief said:

They really need to drop to 5A. They could go 3-7, 4-6 there.

Even if they were 5A this year, the only given would have been Glencliff. There are others they could have won, but if not for the metro 5A schools I don’t think so. They lost to a bad 4A White House team. Beech and Gallatin beat SC by a combined 105-7, while beating Hunters Lane 74-6 and Hillwood 83-13. I know that’s not necessarily an indicator that those two teams would beat SC, only that SC beating those two teams would not be a given. 

1 hour ago, eers said:

I think people will be surprised honestly. I would probably look for a good coordinator that is enthusiastic and ready to make a lot of changes. I believe it’s a place you can win. 

Lots of negatives at Station Camp, it will be a tough job for years to come.  

2 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Lots of negatives at Station Camp, it will be a tough job for years to come.  

jealous huh? If Station Camp would be relevant in football those neighboring schools would hate them even more. SC and HVille are the crown jewels of the county and places like Gallatin are usually jealous of their resources.

Edited by WingT08

17 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Liberty Creek to open,  rezoning hurt (even the article referred to that), and lots of entitlement.  Not hard to see.  But I am sure I am just jealous of “resources”...,haha!  We will see who gets hired.  

The zoning has already happened. They’re not going to lose a lot more and the entire area continues to grow. Ultimately I see it being five 5A schools. Regardless of what the article says, I don’t think reasoning has a lot to do with it. It allowed the kids that transferred to do so without moving, but the fact they wanted to says what state the FB program was in before then. Refining alsonhad nothing to do with the other years. I’m not saying you’re jealous, but I don’t think many people are seeing there are a lot of positives. 

The talent is there just never utilized or goes to a private school. JP2’s running back with sec  offers as a junior would have went to station camp even with the zoning change if he chose. Another player at pope that took a visit to Louisville this past weekend would have went to station as well. 3 players at BGA committed to power 5 schools we’re all zoned for station camp at a time as well. The middle school is the largest in the county and with the amount of housing/apartments being built close to the school the numbers will only increase even after liberty creek. If gallatin can flip their culture like they did this year I see no reason why station cant as well, especially since with both teams having poor coaching last year the bison still won. Some of the obstacles would be getting kids to come out to play and getting sponsors to raise money - being such a new school compared to the others and having less alumni they don’t have a plethora of businesses eager to give money for the program. This next season will be a challenge for anyone they bring in due to a very small senior class and still being in 6A. Lots of sophomores played minutes this year and while next year may be rough it will surely  get easier after that with an assumed drop down to 5A and more players coming out to play. This is in no form disrespect to Hollinsworth if he would have released his offensive coordinator some time ago I’m sure this program would be in a different place and he would still have his job. 

7 minutes ago, HondaDeals4Vets said:

The talent is there just never utilized or goes to a private school. JP2’s running back with sec  offers as a junior would have went to station camp even with the zoning change if he chose. Another player at pope that took a visit to Louisville this past weekend would have went to station as well. 3 players at BGA committed to power 5 schools we’re all zoned for station camp at a time as well. The middle school is the largest in the county and with the amount of housing/apartments being built close to the school the numbers will only increase even after liberty creek. If gallatin can flip their culture like they did this year I see no reason why station cant as well, especially since with both teams having poor coaching last year the bison still won. Some of the obstacles would be getting kids to come out to play and getting sponsors to raise money - being such a new school compared to the others and having less alumni they don’t have a plethora of businesses eager to give money for the program. This next season will be a challenge for anyone they bring in due to a very small senior class and still being in 6A. Lots of sophomores played minutes this year and while next year may be rough it will surely  get easier after that with an assumed drop down to 5A and more players coming out to play. This is in no form disrespect to Hollinsworth if he would have released his offensive coordinator some time ago I’m sure this program would be in a different place and he would still have his job. 

A whole lot said in this post...