Brainerd @ McMinn Central

blitzinbuc

1 hour ago, gecko said:

Moving on. Central is having an average season this year. Brainerd is also an average team (they have played a MUCH tougher schedule). If the schedules were reversed, Brainered would be 3-6 and Central would be 0-9. 

This will be a battle. If Central does not play hard then Brainerd has the talent to run away with it. I am hoping for the former. Would love to see the Seniors go out with a W. 

I hope we can pull it off tonight but I'm not so sure.

Edited by Central4218

I do believe Central is better than last season. Brainerd/Central had a very competitive game last year. I am using that to form my opinion this season. Central in a close one. A thriller like the Basin game. The team that comes out of the gate strong tonight will be your winner. Heads will be hanging on either side once some confidence gets shaken. It is what it is. Brainerd has lost confidence. Central has the edge over them in pre-game but let them see some positive plays, momentum and get their confidence up, then Central will be in trouble. 

8 minutes ago, gecko said:

I do believe Central is better than last season. Brainerd/Central had a very competitive game last year. I am using that to form my opinion this season. Central in a close one. A thriller like the Basin game. The team that comes out of the gate strong tonight will be your winner. Heads will be hanging on either side once some confidence gets shaken. It is what it is. Brainerd has lost confidence. Central has the edge over them in pre-game but let them see some positive plays, momentum and get their confidence up, then Central will be in trouble. 

You're  exactly  right.  The longer Brainerd hangs around the more likely they will win. Central needs to get the lead and then play keep away. 

Edited by Central4218

Remove your blue-tinted sunglasses and give your honest thoughts on the season?

I saw some improvement this year, but nowhere near the pre-season hype, especially with a weakened non region schedule. Far too many penalties and turnovers in the 10th game of the season. Clock management was pitiful late in the 4th quarter last night.