Summertown comes to Waverly Round 1

vandyfan1

5 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

only 6 of your games were important 

As in the ones we needed to win the region and secure home field advantage. The others would have been nice to win but in the grand scheme of things, meant nothing to the big picture, which is having the easiest road to the championship game.  Going undefeated is cool and all, but it means nothing unless you finish it with a gold ball in your hand. I rather go 5-5 and finish the season with a gold ball like Union City did a few years back, then go 10-0 and get knocked out of the playoffs in the first or second round. 

1 hour ago, Super8Dad said:

As in the ones we needed to win the region and secure home field advantage. The others would have been nice to win but in the grand scheme of things, meant nothing to the big picture, which is having the easiest road to the championship game.  Going undefeated is cool and all, but it means nothing unless you finish it with a gold ball in your hand. I rather go 5-5 and finish the season with a gold ball like Union City did a few years back, then go 10-0 and get knocked out of the playoffs in the first or second round. 

i agree. a side note Numbe rof Forrest and Waverly Gold Balls combined: 0

8 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

How many playoff wins does Forrest have ? 

I know we have spanked that tail every time we played them BUT I don't know if we will even make it to them. We have Summertown to beat and the have Roc to stop.  I remember us having a great season a few years ago and getting smoked by JCS.  Its playoffs baby, anything can happen.  Last team we played that was undefeated talked all kinds of crap until after the game.  The road for all of us stops at your Peabody regardless.