Summertown comes to Waverly Round 1

vandyfan1

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

And Forrest “never was”  I bet @tradertwo can’t argue that either 

Don't bring me into an argument that neither of you can win. I was asked a straight question and answered as straightforward as I could, even went into details that formed my opinion.

My "can't argue that" reply to General was not intended as an agreement (although Wavo's defense isn't as good now) that the Tigers' defense was not good, it was an acknowledgement that we were talking about something three years removed from the present. Likewise, I won't get into the "never was" comment about Forrest... I wouldn't go there with the worst program in the state if I were familiar with them, surely won't if I have no clue about their past. I do know that only one team wins their classification each year, and that just because neither of your schools have done that, it doesn't necessarily mean that there haven't been "great" teams from your respective schools.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Don't bring me into an argument that neither of you can win. I was asked a straight question and answered as straightforward as I could, even went into details that formed my opinion.

My "can't argue that" reply to General was not intended as an agreement (although Wavo's defense isn't as good now) that the Tigers' defense was not good, it was an acknowledgement that we were talking about something three years removed from the present. Likewise, I won't get into the "never was" comment about Forrest... I wouldn't go there with the worst program in the state if I were familiar with them, surely won't if I have no clue about their past. I do know that only one team wins their classification each year, and that just because neither of your schools have done that, it doesn't necessarily mean that there haven't been "great" teams from your respective schools.

Sorry Trader I wasn’t trying to drag you in anything. I was just wanting someone else that played against us to give an opinion I think the only posters left are you and swarm that we played against. Sorry bud

3 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

You knocked our JV out on your home field last year by 11 points 

Whoop dee

Ohhhhhhh, so know we played your JV, that's what happened. That's a pretty big excuse for someone who loves to dog people that uses excuses. Never seen a coach play his JV in the playoffs. I guess he was just getting them prepared for this deep run y'all about to make this year. ( He says with heavy sarcasm! 8-))

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

:thumb: Ready for tomorrow night and over these senseless conversations

40 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

Yea can't wait for a cold hard hitting game tomm night playoff football is almost here

I’m pumped! Ready for a great competitive game! As long as both teams play to their potential then I’ll come home happy!

3 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Sorry Trader I wasn’t trying to drag you in anything. I was just wanting someone else that played against us to give an opinion I think the only posters left are you and swarm that we played against. Sorry bud

Not you vandy… you simply asked what I thought about the defense on that '16 Waverly team. I'm always happy to talk football, but rather not have what I say misinterpreted.

2 hours ago, Super8Dad said:

Ohhhhhhh, so know we played your JV, that's what happened. That's a pretty big excuse for someone who loves to dog people that uses excuses. Never seen a coach play his JV in the playoffs. I guess he was just getting them prepared for this deep run y'all about to make this year. ( He says with heavy sarcasm! 8-))

:roflol: thank you for that