Round 1- William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

Governm

8 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

I talked to some WB players tonight at the late Sharp Top Young Life bus. I told them to shock the world and beat D-B!

Shock the world? I don't think DB has ever beat WB in a playoff game. Hopefully the fact that we don't have a duck and cover coach anymore might work in our favor. We'll see. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Some would say that the shock would be for DB to beat WB in round one.  There may be a little more hope this year however. The SH game proved that there two different DB teams. So who knows. Hey, I just like that we get to see that big ole band one-more-time! :popcorneater:

I watched the game on Diamond Clear last night and to be honest it played out just as I thought it would. I guess my biggest surprise last night was the low turnout to see two 8-1 teams play far as D-B goes. Maybe it is just a band school and everything else comes second.

10 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I watched the game on Diamond Clear last night and to be honest it played out just as I thought it would. I guess my biggest surprise last night was the low turnout to see two 8-1 teams play far as D-B goes. Maybe it is just a band school and everything else comes second.

Don't know why there was a low turnout. DB almost always travels well. They were saying there wouldn't be enough seating even for the band so maybe that had something to do with the low attendance. 

11 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Don't know why there was a low turnout. DB almost always travels well. They were saying there wouldn't be enough seating even for the band so maybe that had something to do with the low attendance. 

I was watching the game on my phone and I thought I was watching a replay of one of those teams they regularly play that all the fans come together in 5 or 6 cars just looking at the stands.

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

That could be.  I believed that one until I did a Google maps satellite view of the stadium.  Looked like the visitor seating is bigger than the home side.

I used to go to every game regardless because we knew so many of the students.  No more.  Hated the games like DB vs Central where DB killed them.  Now I don't go to that type of game.  Perhaps a lot of people thought DB would get killed.  Add the colder conditions and perceived lack of seating and you have a recipe for low turnout.

• CoachT locked this topic