Round 1- William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

Governm

2 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

Sometimes young folks don't believe you until something happens.No question  that the DB team knows they can be beat and there is zero room for a bunch of mistakes from this point on.Got to play smart and hear what the coaches are saying all week long and prepare for a first round war.The team done really well against Alcoa and needs to step it on up every week.Roll Tribe !

Hear the coaches?..According to dude from Alcoa all they'll hear is F-bombs and other cussing...lol

3 hours ago, DBturningitAROUND said:

Neither team is the same,Just the names of the schools.Whats happen in the playoffs in the past has nothing to do with now.35-7 Indians!!!!!...ROLL TRIBE ROLL!!!!

I don't know if you are a parent or a student.  But unless you've traded in an old ID and are using a new ID, you are brand new here.  You need to understand, some of us have watched the train wreck in playoffs for a very long time.  We are not easily convinced. And the Science Hill wreck just codifies that feeling.   After all, the coaches are basically the same.  Just a new name pops up to lead.  This team has to prove it.

Or then, are you one of the coaches???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

,I don't know if you are a parent or a student.  But unless you've traded in an old ID and are using a new ID, you are brand new here.  You need to understand, some of us have watched the train wreck in playoffs for a very long time.  We are not easily convinced. And the Science Hill wreck just codifies that feeling.   After all, the coaches are basically the same.  Just a new name pops up to lead.  This team has to prove it.

Or then, are you one of the coaches???

No coach,Just someone that knows they call it the past for a reason.None of these players where on the team that lost to WB.Im sure the kids on the team only hear about the past from folks that want to keep bringing it up.Im sure none of the players read coach t and the ones that do see how their own fanbase keeps bringing up stuff from yrs past.And if their smart they wouldn't pay attention to any of it.And play the game that they did  that won them 8 games.

Edited by DBturningitAROUND
spelling

1 hour ago, strongx said:

Go govs!

If I remember right, the last time wb went to the playoffs the coach allowed some players to opt out of the trip. Will the entire team travel to dB or just a couple handfuls?

When that happened he had the whole world turn against him except for the few that are the only reason he survived. Those kids that did stay took a beating that night physically and mentally they will never forget. Should have been tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail for doing that.

11 hours ago, DBturningitAROUND said:

I'm sure the kids on the team only hear about the past from folks that want to keep bringing it up. I'm sure none of the players read coach t and the ones that do see how their own fan base keeps bringing up stuff from yrs past.

I've told every WB player I have seen about the road playoff wins at D-B.

Players read Coach T. Not so much as in the past, but they still read. 

On 11/2/2019 at 3:08 PM, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Awful? We had a lead on Elizabethton, who beat Science Hill, until about 4 minutes into the 4th quarter and two late turnovers lost us the game. You can't just go by overall records. DB also thought it was a sure win when they were 10-0 and we were 6-4 in 2006.

WB won 4 games. They beat the worst Morristown West (1-9) team in the history of the school. They beat an 0-10 Heritage team, a 1-9 Lenoir City and a 4-6 Cleveland team. Add to that losses to 3-7 Sevier Co and 3-7 Ooltewah. Yes, WB is awful. Betsy no doubt overlooked WB.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Someone should ask Fritz if he washes his hands after he pulls those numbers out of his butt. He had someone with a 51% chance of winning. :roll:

• Thanks 1

• CoachT locked this topic