Round 1- William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

Governm

13 hours ago, strongx said:

Go govs!

If I remember right, the last time wb went to the playoffs the coach allowed some players to opt out of the trip. Will the entire team travel to dB or just a couple handfuls?

Not sure you can force players to go if they don’t want to...And if you could what type of effort are you gonna get from someone who doesn’t wanna be there compared to a younger player that will give full effort ?

4 hours ago, williebgovs04 said:

I agree WB is awful... just keep thinking that

Trust me ive seen some awful teams come through and this team isn't world beaters but they play with heart and have been in every game til the end except for MHS

10-10 in 1 quarter vs Alcoa starters

7-0 vs MHS at the end of 1 Q

7-17 driving against Ooltewah in the 4th and gave up 2 late defensive tds

against Sevier co  up 9 points late and then missed extra point that would have won the game

up  17-10 on Elizabethton with 9 mins left they were facing 3rd and 20 and end up giving up bomb plus 2 pick 6 to lose by 14

End result ... L’s to bad teams because you are a bad team. You may play hard,  but that only goes so far. I don’t think DB is that good, but they will win by 14+

2 hours ago, Red81KPsmash said:

End result ... L’s to bad teams because you are a bad team. You may play hard,  but that only goes so far. I don’t think DB is that good, but they will win by 14+

Have you considered that we have a young team (a lot of our starting skill players are sophomores) and we have gotten better as the year has gone on?

"You may play hard,  but that only goes so far."

What a horrible take. Playing hard is everything. WB had a fairly talented and experienced team go 1-9 a few seasons ago. We also had a really talented team go 2-8 and lose to Heritage for the first time in two decades.

As someone who has watched basically every WB game in the last decade, this is my favorite team by far.  We don't have that one big play star we seem to always have, but we play hard and don't quit. That is why we earned a playoff spot for the first time in over a decade. 

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

4 hours ago, Red81KPsmash said:

They are not the best , but they are getting better , play as a whole and fight every game .... DB has been injury heavy for several games now (6starters out ) ... Sophs and Juniors stepping up to feel those shoes of an already young team .... This new coaching staff is doing a great job at preparing these players .. It will be interesting but I'm thinking possibly round 2 , maybe round 3 because we will be getting some starters back !!

The Alcoa game helped this young team prepare for the playoffs ! 

7 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

That is why we earned a playoff spot for the first time in over a decade.

I wish they would show the tiebreaker results. I guess the first one is head to head, which was a three way tie. Is overall record second? I guess it was based on opponents record? 

Edited by Red Rebels

3 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

It could be that neither team makes it to round two. Very possible they both lose round one.

I don't see McMinn losing to Bearden. Ironside can play, but McMinn is very physical, and from what I have seen Bearden doesn't match up well with them. I haven't seen much of DB this year but from what I have read and seen from WB, DB will come out and pound them. I see a very physical game next week between McMinn and DB.

• CoachT locked this topic